Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

I think it's just everyone who's wanted to go to sdcc in the past and seen what a gigantic loving hassle it is just saying nah gently caress that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

The_Doctor posted:

And then hotel, and shopping, and meals out..

Exactly. Stay at some lovely hotel that's 30 minutes away for 150 a night because even the garbage hotels jack their prices through the roof during this event. Maybe get a parking pass if you win the lottery (sold separately), it's like planning a Disney vacation with no one to really help you navigate it. Oh you haven't been before? Then enter this lottery to maybe be able to buy a ticket, but book the travel insurance, cause no one knows if you'll actually be able to attend! I'd rather go to Hawaii or something for what it costs to go to sdcc. I've gone to DCC almost every year, and it mostly seemed like people wandering around in really good costumes looking at merch booths and paying celebrities for autographs/pictures with them. Paying someone to take a picture with them seems like such a scam.