Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Srice posted:

I usually hear it disqualified in the negative sense, usually something along the lines of "it's a good movie but it's not a good Lupin movie", and while I don't see that sentiment as often these days it still crops up every now and then, so that's what my assumption was.

Cagliostro is about 3x more Miyazaki than the 2nd most Miyazaki incarnation of Lupin, so a lot of it is a question of what someone likes about the franchise.

Do they prefer whimsy, or grit? Do they like a relatively wholesome atmosphere, or a layer of criminal scuzz? Are they into femme fatales, or sheltered society maidens in need of liberation from their dour lives?

Do they want to see Goemon cut people's pants off, or cut their body parts off?

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread