Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

What'd you just finish? Was it good?

Hi, I'm stealing an idea from the bookbarn! They finish books, we finish anime.

I'll start: I just finished The Skull Man, the 2007 anime that was a slow-paced but actually pretty good conspiracy/murder mystery/thriller. I'd describe it as watching a Kamen Rider from the outsider's POV - it's about a tabloid reporter who heads to a city in order to find out who the mysterious Skull Man is, and it takes him most of the series to find out why not-Kamen Rider is fighting horrific monsters.

Ending spoiler: I felt that the Cyborg 009 tie-ins were too out of context to fully enjoy, and the ultimate twist could have been handled better, but hell. A good spooky note to end the series on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Davincie posted:

i didn't care for skull man at all cause it just reminded me of mouryou no hako but less good

How so? From the two eps of Mouryou no Hako I saw, they weren't very alike at all?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Davincie posted:

both stories are set in versions of postwar japan, and have a news reporter investigate a series of mysterious killings. in this they are assisted, among others by a journalist girl with the exact same design and a detective. the murders are both related to biological science experiments and the modification of humans. both are heavily steeped in japanese religion and myths and have a horror atmosphere etc etc

Oh! .... Oh!

I need to revisit it and watch all of it this time!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Movies count, OVAs count, if it's anime tell us about it!

• Locked thread