Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Rex-Goliath posted:

also i'm not bothering to check their statements or anything but how the gently caress are they justifying this valuation? or are they not even trying to do that? they have all the risk & exposure of netflix with none of the ability to pivot into inhousing everything

i wish i could find the article where somebody at some company gets asked where they got their valuation number (5b if i remember) from and the answer was "you can't hire good engineers if your valuation isn't at least that high so that's what we made it"

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Rex-Goliath posted:

itunes does idk about the others

also i got so frustrated with itunes being dogshit that i actually called apple support and i'll be damned they actually fixed it and it works mostly fine now

itunes shuffle algo is loving garbage

i've got a playlist with like 20 hours of music but every time i play it with shuffle it's always the same songs that it starts with until you get like 3 hours in

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

HoboMan posted:

i tunes shuffle uses the same random seed every time so it never changes unless you add or remove songs and i have no idea how the gently caress that not only got past qa but also sits unfixed

yes with my 20 hours of music i would like to just listen to the same three songs every time thanks

yep, much like every single part of itunes/music.app, it's garbo

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Rex-Goliath posted:

so itunes works mostly fine for me now unless i plug my iphone into the computer causing it to completely freeze

what the gently caress, apple

they’re doing you a favor

• Locked thread