Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Every time an unnamed Youtube link gets posted and it's not the trailer for Mandy, I get really sad. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Goddamn I had a good feeling that they weren’t loving around with this Halloween movie and that trailer exceeded expectations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

thrawn527 posted:

Sequel to the original. Ignoring all other movies.
I’m gonna go ahead and pretend Halloween III: Sesson of the Witch still happened, though.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

:rock:

I also appreciate the exact time. I was ready to risk staying up until midnight for this.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Anyone diggin' on that Mandy trailer who hasn't seen Beyond the Black Rainbow should check it out, though it's definitely more of a downer-fueled slow burn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWF0bBKhe6o

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

There was a whole Three Mothers exposition moment in the original as well. I wasn't phased by them stuffing it into the trailer.

I have a gut feeling that I'll enjoy the hell out of the Suspiria remake, but wish they called it anything other than Suspiria.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Aug 25, 2018

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I would like to point out that SyFy is doing another Leprechaun movie and it doesn't have Warwick Davis and why the gently caress do they think they can pull it off? He's the series' one draw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgalFsxJrms

Also: will confirm that Coolio was in Lep in the Hood.

...come to do no good

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The idea of Tim Burton doing anything in the present bothers me so much i'ma drop the trailer for the new Leprechaun movie here as a palate cleanser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feLo5dq_hMY

Also: I was absolutely on the "Who loving wants a Warwick Davis-less Leprechaun movie?" train but it looks like they put a surprising amount of effort (which is a dangerously low bar anyway) into this one.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I have very strong opinions on the Leprechaun franchise.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

...are leprechauns elves?

Is this a "all leprechauns are elves, but not all elves are leprechauns" situation?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

kiimo posted:

I'm glad this is finally out in the world so I can talk about how not-weird Fred Savage has aged which is so rare for a child acting star.
Somewhere off in the distance Jonathan Lipnicki's pumping hella iron, sobbing.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Was the only reason they rebooted Hellboy instead of letting Del Toro do #3 was that the studio was all WE WANT HELLBOY IN 2.35 and Del Toro was all I WILL DIE BEFORE I SHOOT SCOPE, because it's literally the only reason I can imagine this existing.

...I'm in for Milla Jovovich. :heysexy:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Loved Nightcrawler, but I'm just not feeling it here. I can't explain it.
If this didn't have the phrase "from the writer/director of Nightcrawler" all over it this would be top tier Full Moon Pictures material at best.

EDIT: ...and I am 100% down for it

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 10, 2019

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Eh, just watch the Matthew Bright Bundy movie, if you're gonna watch that poo poo at least it should be coming from a place of honesty (ie a guy who legitimately hates women).
Man, if dudes think the tone of the Zac Efron Ted Bundy movie is weird, the Matthew Bright Ted Bundy movie is going to really throw them for a loop. It's weirdly funny until it isn't. Then it's just gross and sad.

I'd rather watch Freeway or The Forbidden Zone.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The first Crank is fine and all (I prefer Transporter 2), Crank: High Volage is pure transcendence.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Bai Ling rewrote all her dialogue if I remember correctly, which quite possibly makes her the craziest person involved in that entire film.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The Child's Play trailer proper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFy8ZgLd574

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The new Hellboy movie looks like the very definition of Oh, I’ll Buy That Out of a Redbox for $3.99.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Casting Chidi from The Good Place is a choice move, William Jackson Harper really know how to play panicked/confused/terrified really well.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The rumor a couple months back was that the next live action Disney remake was going to be The Nightmare Before Christmas, which sounds like such a bad idea that I wouldn’t be surprised if it was nonsense and never in the cards to begin with.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I don't even see the point of making a trailer for the new Avengers movie and even lesser a reason to have an opinion on the new Avengers trailer. It's the new Avengers movie, you're gonna see it. And like all Marvel movies that came before it, it's gonna be a solid B- and you're gonna walk out of the theater thinking to yourself "hey, that was pretty good!"

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

That looks like a comically overwrought Funny or Die parody.

I’m still in, probably?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Full trailer for Nicolas Winding Refn's Too Old to Die Young, on Prime June 14th: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0KO8My-90g

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'm so hard right now.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

There is only one Domino for me, and it's Tony Scott's masterpiece.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

De Palma posted:

“‘Domino’ is not my project, I did not write the script,” he said. “It is the revenge story of a revenge of a cop duo against terrorists who killed another. But the whole political aspect will be very little exploited, the film was more for me a new opportunity to explore a visual narrative. In the film, terrorists are obsessed with the idea that their actions are instantly visible live on the Internet or on TV.”

“I had a lot of problems in financing [‘Domino’],” he continued. “I never experienced such a horrible movie set. A large part of our team has not even been paid yet by the Danish producers. The film is finished and ready to go out, but I have no idea what its future will hold, it is currently in the hands of the producers. This was my first experience in Denmark and most likely my last.”

AV Club rumors De Palma's 148-minute cut got chopped down to 88. Now I'm kinda interested in the mess?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ah. I call that the Paul Dano Effect.

Undeniably talented, I enjoy everything he does, I just wanna shove his smug face through a window.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah I can’t bag on anyone for hating on Miles Teller, who I like, because I have a similar dislike of Emile Hirsch for no discernible reason.
He does beat up women if that makes you feel any better.

If you wanna real enjoyment to scumbag ratio that eats me up inside: my favorite character actor is Jeffrey Jones. :smith:

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 5, 2019

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I've thought about the dancer with the giant hair at least once a week since this video came out.

Majesty.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Joan Cusack is great.

Just in general.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I loved Valerian because I love stupid hats and that movie is a barrage of stupid loving hats flying at you at blinding speed, each one stupider than the last.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

It's not much to look at, but I do appreciate that Thomas Pynchon's narration in the Inherent Vice trailer sounds exactly like the kind of person who would write Inherent Vice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjWKPdDk0_U

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I mean she's no Jinkx Monsoon or Bill Hader, but it's a decent enough Little Edie impression, I guess?

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Apr 29, 2019

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Yep. That’s about what I expected out of a trailer for a live action Sonic the Hedgehog movie.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I don't think Ben Schwartz really rates on anyone's "celebrity" meter.
YOU TAKE THAT BACK, ALL THE SOLO BOLO EPISODES OF COMEDY BANG BANG ARE GOLDEN.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

feedmyleg posted:

I'm sorry but they are obnoxious and grating. Ben Schwartz, however, is great outside of them.
I will admit they are truly polarizing, but I love them the most.

Also: why are people so baffled by the trailer using Gangsta's Paradise for the music? The trailer's just trying to hit the nostalgia buttons for all the dudes who were growing up in the early '90s that are currently having panic attacks about hitting middle age and want to regress back to a time when they were young, carefree and the media catered exclusively to them.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I was too old when Pokemon initially hit and I've never played a single game, but I'm hella all up in Detective Pikachu based solely on the fact that they shot that fucker on 35mm.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Weird route to take for an Encino Man reboot, but whatever you want I guess, Tim Disney.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

No Richard Masur, no sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The MSJ posted:

Also we know why they picked that scene for the trailer. It touches into a primordial fear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqDGK_UjfFI
I want to see that 30-second argument the judges had off to the side about whether or not that answer fell under the GUN/OCCUPANT category.

And why is GUN/OCCUPANT bundled together?!