Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I dunno, I laughed at the gag about Chewie's age. It looks less bad than I feared and looks more memorable than R1, which I hardly loving remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Timby posted:

Yeah, Mulan starts shooting soon, and they've also got Dumbo coming next year, Snow White, Alice in Wonderland and Sword in the Stone are being worked on, Emma Stone's starring in a Cruella de Vil origin story movie, I think they're redoing Peter Pan ... after Beauty and the Beast made a hojillion dollars, they're doing pretty much every animated classic they have in live-action.

I hope if we are getting more Alice In Wonderland, i hope it's like Through the Looking Glass and not the first film. and ditch Johnny Depp because ick.

TheBigBudgetSequel fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 13, 2018

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Almost Blue posted:

Pooh & Tigger's voices sound normal but the other characters sound weird. Also, who is this movie's intended audience?

Jim Cummings is the only previous Winnie the Pooh voice actor to return for the project. Originally someone else was to play Tigger, but it looks like they went with him to do both Pooh and Tigger after all.

Peter Capaldi is Owl and I'm about that.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Timby posted:

Stuff proving I'm a BigDumbSequel

Wow, how'd I switch that. Either way Toby Jones and Peter Capaldi are both top notch choices.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Christian Rivers was also going to direct a film about WWII fighter pilots that never ended up getting off the ground, but they did all the pre-production and a little bit of test shooting, so he has some basic experience in putting a film like this together.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

I'm in for that. Looks fun as hell.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

I get the feeling the It balloon joke is just for the trailer, and the line will be different in the movie (if the scene is even in the movie)

I am an odd man out and I love the character designs because of how much they are like Charles Addams drawings (or are fun little exaggerations of said drawings. Wednesday's braids being nooses is a fun detail.)

I just hope we get better jokes.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Naked old lady is already a well-known thing to get a good scare out of people, because it's one of the most memorable moments in basically any version of The Shining.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

the_american_dream posted:

Midsommer is telegraphing Wicker Man so hard I don’t think there’s any way it’ll go that route. Especially thinking about how Hereditary trailers did something similar

Actually backing off that a bit since Wicker Man comparison really is just the style of dress and implication of human sacrifices happening. But I stand by I think it’ll be another swerve

The shots of floating girls and the girl looking like the Elephant Man tell me that you are on the money here. Still mad Wicker Man vibes though, and I love that.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

"What if Saw was Seven" is probably the best place the franchise could go after the terrible Jigsaw reboot.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

BlueBayou posted:

I just want one reference to SEA and I will be happy

Also a backside of water joke

There is a direct reference to the backside of water in the first trailer.

I wouldn't be surprised if SEA is mentioned, even if it's not put there for anything more than a fun reference.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

If you want that Tales from the Crypt vibe, I recommend the Creepshow series on Shudder. It's got a lot of the same feel.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Alehkhs posted:

Finally, a release date for Blood Machines!

Mildly :nws:?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMCZkLBhycA

Holy poo poo, I am DOWN for this.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

I am simply shocked that it looks as good as it does considering how much I usually dislike Pete Davidson.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

kiimo posted:

Okay I feel less crazy now. I thought it was wildly inventive and enjoyable.

I like TS4 more than TS3 (which I feel is mostly a lesser re-hash of similar plot points from the second film, with an admittedly emotional capstone at the end)

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

kiimo posted:

Love that teaser.

But if we're talking "loving" teasers this is the only teaser that made me weep when I saw it. Like openly crying in the theater that it was happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-XoEGlvlp0

I know this is standard for most trailers, but having seen the extended cuts so many times now, it's amazing to me how many shots in that teaser, released way in advance, didn't make it into the theatrical cuts. (Specifically the army marching at the start, which was just a test shot, I think, and then Merry pledging himself to Theoden, which is in the extended cut, but not the actual release)

gently caress I love those movies to this day. Shame about The Hobbit films.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

They really have a good team working on the teasers for the Star Wars stuff. Every single Disney Star Wars film has had a great loving teaser trailer.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

I often feel like I am the only person on earth who thinks both Matrix sequels slap. 3 kind of loses me for a bit towards the end, but I still like it. The freeway chase in 2 is just goddamned amazing.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Wow, looks like Kenneth really brushed off the utter failure of Artemis Fowl real quick.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

clown shoes posted:

HBO Max presents the water park of death.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqg48h_uKYM

Wow, that music is just straight up from Apple's old Final Cut soundtrack program.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Fartbox posted:

Wait this guy is colin farrel?

:psyduck: I had no idea

Somewhere in a lab, a mutant made from the DNA of John Travolta and Richard Kind is very upset he missed out on his big break.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

teagone posted:

Alternate trailer I cut together for Zack Snyder's Justice League

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BhN5-XHDRI

See THIS makes me want to watch it.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

GrandpaPants posted:

Why do all the witches have Glasgow smiles?

I have a feeling it's the seam in their "human" disguises.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

That looks dope as gently caress, AND it's a chance for Aiden Gillan to do another wacky rear end American accent. All in.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Possibly the greatest use of Thriller ever.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

Ah drat, that's true. And this is the season that made me give up the show. Alright, I won't get dragged back in, thanks.

Season 2 is rough, but Season 3 is basically a masterpiece of television. It's so good.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

kiimo posted:

I mean it had Russians. True, 80s style mother loving russian invasion. I mean they infiltrated a Russian war base it was like the Wolverines taking on a Russian War Games silo. I was giddy

Them vs. really dumb 80's villain Russians was just a punch of nostalgia.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah S2 had the misstep of not really straying too far from S1 and it kinda lost points on it but S3 really went “gently caress it, all 80s” and it was very enjoyable for it.

Also Maya Hawke is just fantastic in it and the best new addition to the show since it started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

I remember being really disappointed that the monster was just in Will because the stinger gave me the feeling the whole town was gonna be hosed up/haunted/infected and things were going to get weird.

Which is essentially Season 3, to a point. It could get a lot weirder, but it looks like Season 4 is bringing the weird too