Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Gnome de plume posted:

Didn't know there was a Cherry 2000 remake.

This is more on the level of the Cyborg movies than a masterpiece like Cherry 2000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

It's a movie about a little girl robot that fights other robots. I'm not really sure what substance you could be looking for.

I get the concerns and complains about the poor quality of the CGI at this stage, though, and the eyes. That's fair.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

If Peter Jackson were more like Sam O'Neill, the world would be a better place.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

The original Captain Marvel was my first comic book, and so I'm a little sad that he is not part of this - or at least, not like comic continuity. But we got Kree Starforce, Ronan, the Psyche-Magnetron... that's all pretty cool stuff, but even better is the possibility that they find a hook for Carol that really works. I really, really hope the movie does well - if only for that.

Also, the more Cosmic Marvel we get, the closer we get to a real Nova movie. My second comic book :)

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Posted, for your consideration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcJXFU29Q0k

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

kanonvandekempen posted:

So is this just an American remake of the French movie Intouchables right? The original was quite dull, but it was super popular in France, just not my thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Intouchables

Ya, pretty much. They seem to be cribbing pretty heavily from the French script, at least based on the trailer.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Not my Mar-Vell! :mad:

But a different, possibly also cool Carol, who flies jets with her best buddy Monica Rambeau.

I honestly hope it does well, because 1) Brie is rocking that costume, 2) Carol deserves a personality, 3) I want my nieces to have kick-rear end inspiring woman to look up to

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Whatever weird mojo those Scientology cranks brewed up in their lab to make Tom immune to fear and so drat dedicated to living his best life - that's what they need to be selling.

Anyway, Tom needs to make a space movie. I wanna see him pilot the drat shuttle

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Well, I mean.... it couldnt be worse than the movie, I guess

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Branagh playing a Russian is a real immersion breaker for me. I grew up on Henry V and I just cant do it

Hopefully his accent will have at least improved since the Jack Ryan movie

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Thaddius the Large posted:

Gerard Butler stars in a movie where a comet is approaching earth and the populace apparently never remotely considers it could end poorly.

https://youtu.be/1AyxdYP1SNc

I mean, at some point, I kind of just want to see Gerard Butler face a world ending event and go "loving good!" and just sit on his porch and watch the world burn. This looks pretty dire, though.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Good lord, Eternals is going to flop so bad.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Hello, my name is [Enter Celebrity]. I overcame [Troubled Background/Childhood] to become one of the best in the world at [Thing]. But it wasn't all roses [Enter Difficulties]. But with the help of [Method] I overcame AGAIN and [Made Peace with Troubled Background/Childhood]

You could build a detailed flowchart for predicting scenes at this point, based on how identical they all are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Do we have any insight into the writing team? What they have done before?