Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

seems to me like a24 is this era's equivalent of early-2000s focus features. i look forward to them getting bought by a studio and suddenly, mysteriously putting out awful titles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

thrawn527 posted:

Honestly, I think we're all better off having John Wick clones over all the Taken clones we were getting for years.

taken clones that all also starred liam neeson oddly enough

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

CelticPredator posted:

Well if Jack Black or Bruce Campbell ever shows up to one then maybe I’ll check it out.

christopher lloyd showed up to the drafthouse ritz for a bttf marathon. drafthouse still sucks

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

between crazy rich asians and oceans 8 hollywood is really trying to get me to like awkwafina's "asian person doing aave" shtick. it isn't working

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's hard to underestimate what a hot property Halle Berry was at the time, let alone in relation to Bassett.

bassett was their first choice and wanted too much money. x-men was before berry's oscar

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

DC Murderverse posted:

thanks donald trump, because of your clusterfuck of an administration I'm now convinced that no mergers will be denied unless the CEO of one or both companies comes out and calls you a little bitch boy personally

or one of the companies is chinese

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Wheat Loaf posted:

Remember how one of the big episodes in the movie Ray is Ray Charles being banned for life from entering the state of Georgia when he refuses to play at a segregated venue? That never happened in real life. They made it up, because apparently Ray Charles's actual life wasn't dramatic enough.

haven't seen ray since it was in the theater but don't they also intimate that was responsible for "georgia on my mind?"

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the wrong kid died

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

This poo poo is so sad. They keep turning out these forgettable regurgitated remakes over and over again and all they're concerned about is money. It has nothing to do with legitimate art or vision.

Disney is a corporation, though. I guess money is their primary interest, after all.

i miss the good old days when disney used to stand for something, like...uh....like...

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

live with fruit posted:

Remember when Jon Favreau made a movie about not wanting to be a soulless sellout, and then followed it up with Jungle Book and Lion King remakes and a Star Wars show?

chef is about the uncompromising will of a white man to repackage cuban food and sell it at a premium, with the doe-eyed approval of his ridiculously attractive love interests and a family and staff who exist solely to serve his vision, and in defiance of anyone who would dare suggest his work is anything less than perfection. his food truck is literally named "el jefe." chef loving sucks.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

stratofarius posted:

I'll watch anything by Marielle Heller after Can You Ever Forgive Me.

awww man, she went from that to this? loving bummer

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

safdies directing sandler....oooh baby

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

this looks like some bootstraps mike rowe poo poo

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

cvnvcnv posted:

Wow, yeah, it definitely appears as tho those people all entered the show with financial problems, were offered solutions for some debts and to have workable solutions installed for others, and all exit the process on the other side in a better life situation without having been exploited were lured into a rape.

Ashton is a monster.

what

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Zzulu posted:

We have this show in Sweden as well and it's really fun. It's not really going after people born into extreme poverty or whatever, but rather people who could live comfortably if they just weren't completely loving clueless with their money. Like buying high end TV's and computers when you can barely afford food. Stuff like that. Then they get 2 experts to help them with all their dozens of loans and tell them how interest and money works

i think if they can "barely afford food" they're not really "living comfortably."

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

cvnvcnv posted:

Reading is hard. So is money. :(

oh hey welcome back to the thread. what the gently caress was this by the way

cvnvcnv posted:

Wow, yeah, it definitely appears as tho those people all entered the show with financial problems, were offered solutions for some debts and to have workable solutions installed for others, and all exit the process on the other side in a better life situation without having been exploited were lured into a rape.

Ashton is a monster.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

cvnvcnv posted:

A rational, human assessment of what is in the trailer crossed out and amended with a mocking approximation of the moral outrage being displayed in this thread.

sorry about your brain parasite

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

someone should do a marvel guy one perfect shot twitter post and it's all prerendered backgrounds from resident evil games

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i was thinking the other day the only way the weird al biopic will work is if it's a walk hard style parody. i'm not yet convinced but will watch it

hope the new olivia wilde movie is good since it destroyed her marriage!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

by all means, it would just be really funny if the artistic product of adultery was a mediocrity everyone forgets exists

like say what you will about brad pitt cheating on jennifer aniston, mr and mrs smith was at least fun!

R. Guyovich fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 4, 2022

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

muscles like this! posted:

Like didn't they say the same thing about Swiss Army Man which is gross but not exactly sickening.

i should have walked out of that one to save myself 90 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

a guy getting stabbed in the leg is not automatically a reference to ace ventura lmao