Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Here is another question I once had that was answered in one of these threads.

Q. Why do online trailers have a 5/10 second advertisement for themselves at the beginning? Why am I seeing the same footage twice?

A. There are multiple reasons. The trailer might run as an advertisement for a different piece of content on YouTube or a different streaming platform. The trailer might be shared on a social platform like Facebook or Twitter where 3 minutes is a lot for a piece of content which may not have a cat acting silly or a dog being a good boy*.
Basically, our attention span is zero and there are a lot of times we need a teaser before we are going to watch that trailer (which obviously does not apply to a forum thread like this). And that's why you're getting a (hyper) condensed version of the movie at the start of a condensed version.

*Or you get something terrible which is both like the trailer for A Dog's Purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I wanted to make some kind of Ready Player "Han" pun, but I'm somewhat struggling with the balance between the actual content of the post and the punchline so I'm just going to leave it like that. Ready Player Han.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

"Jim Carrey throws himself into the role w/ grim-faced determination" is the best quotation they could get?

They originally went with "remember The Number 23?" but then they realized no one wants to be reminded of that movie!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Man, Wade has gotten rusty since he got those regenerative powers :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBAS9SVWUA8

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

And replaced him with Christopher Plummer.

TJ Miller's character will be replaced by "Peter" in the next movie and they'll never acknowledge it.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

Actually pretty stoked about this since it has Carpenter's blessing and he's doing the music for it. Would be a nicer lasting legacy finale than whatever that last thing he did was...The Ward?

Gimme that retrowave, John Carpenter.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Henker posted:

I like how John Carpenter has basically been making the same genre of music for 35 years, but that genre has semi-recently had a huge resurgence in popularity so it works out.

Yeah, it's amazing how many current day artists were inspired by him and he just essentially responded with "well, I'm still alive... and I still make music" by releasing new stuff.

(music video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJeDQYlpBp0

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Apr 20, 2018

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

GrandpaPants posted:

I have come to realize that I have no idea what Tom Hardy actually sounds like normally.

I imagine it's like his character in RocknRolla: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqrYAcljRZo
He is also in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, but he might sound a bit posh (edit: fancier?) in that.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Apr 24, 2018

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Deakul posted:

ants

ANTS

:anttony:

I am on board :pervert:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Nic Cage voicing Superman is like... like... Billy Dee Williams voicing Two-Face. So goddamn amazing.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

They really should have asked 'N Sync.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I know it is a teaser, but I feel like it does nothing if you weren’t already super excited about the movie.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Today I learned that Boltneck was a movie. Do people in North America even remember it?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Sir Kodiak posted:

This trend where seeing movies about scantily-clad models killing people is feminist is pretty convenient.

Gotta balance that male gaze with the moments where men are clutching their balls. Edit: I was referring to the audience, but who knows, it might feature scenes like that!

The Guardian recently had an article about rape-revenge fantasies in movie form, inspired by Revenge: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/may/11/how-the-rape-revenge-movie-became-a-feminist-weapon-for-the-metoo-generation

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:30 on May 14, 2018

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

M:I 2 is the movie that gave us Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, and for that we are blessed.

It’s a shame that there is no director’s cut of it though. I’d love to see the version of the movie before the studio got involved (you know, the one that apparently exceeds a running time of 3 hours).

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

kanonvandekempen posted:

Wait what? How did they put trololo in the film?

Also Westworld rickrolled its fans and it was pretty well done I thought.

It mainly features young pilots, one of them is either Russian or East-European and puts on that song to get in the zone. It is supposed to be silly.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Okay, still not sold on the movie, but that is way better than anything that lukewarm teaser offered.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

That CGI middle finger is looking good.

(I am just going to think that every scene has those CGI arms)

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

kiimo posted:

Bathroom fight scenes should be its own buzzfeed article.

+1 (although rather one-sided and thus short)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLoJmHJUgII

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

That got very political at the end there!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Wait, Mogwai is doing the soundtrack yet they are using generic epic music for the trailer? That seems like a waste, even if their stuff isn’t suited for an action trailer.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Looking forward to having a future Widows / Set It Off double bill.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Man, this cinematic side-story for FX's Legion is somewhat odd.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I didn’t know they were making a sequel to Surfer Dude.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Here is a trailer for a Dutch movie coming out this week (probably will get a very limited international release).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acCdMjoVR7E

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

That dust silhouette at 1:20 is amazing.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

She is obviously supposed to be super mysterious, after all she is gonna kick Thanos’ butt and we are going to wonder why she didn’t show up earlier!

...and they’ll probably spell everything out in the third trailer, because at that point they even want your grandma to go buy a ticket.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Sep 19, 2018

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

kiimo posted:

I don't think you need to spoil Dumbledore being gay and into Grindlewald.

CelticPredator posted:

Johnny Depp [...] sucks.

Stuff is about to get kinkeh in the Wizarding World!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Fart City posted:

How high is your Jason Mantzoukas tolerance? Because The Long Dumb Road looks like it could be a fun little movie if he's in your wheelhouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6gFiRPHD9U

Higher than Jason Mantzoukas' tolerance of eggs, that's for sure.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I found it amazing that The Predator has a character who is a total rear end in a top hat and then they make his death a blink and you'll miss it affair. You're supposed to enjoy those, not leave people wondering what just happened.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

AFewBricksShy posted:

Can anyone tell me where that trailer music is from? It sounds super familiar but I can't place it.

It sounds like Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

Edit: From the middle of "09-15-00".

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Oct 19, 2018

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I only remember that movie because it had a "remix" of a Black Rebel Motorcycle Club song that really sounded like a Kasabian song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiudYas8Krc

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

That didn’t look all that scary, it is stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie4oeMp12CA

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Dec 25, 2018

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

That's cool with me, but Mads kind of has an exostic look going for him and fits a quite posture rather than a bold, inspiring one.

So, Thufir Hawat :D

Edit: Pretend that smiley has red lips.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jan 8, 2019

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I love it when a trailer starts to derail after a minute. Truly love it.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm trying to think of the trailer I've seen that most goes off the rails: probably a toss-up between that one where Will Smith is a secret agent who's turned into a pigeon or the one where Jackie Chan is a gritty Hong Kong detective who is up against sci-fi supervillain robots who use VR or something.

I have no idea what the latter is. Is it Bleeding Steel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvsTHkImhxw

Reminds me of recent CineD talk about Cyborg: a movie created just because they wanted to recoup the costs for sets and costumes for a movie license they no longer owned.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

What a huge spoiler for the upcoming Avengers movie! Tremendously enormous!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Halle Berry never struck me as a dog person.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

clown shoes posted:

The Dude in a Super Bowl commercial is the ultimate sell out.

“That 4K HDR smart television really ties the room together.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

clown shoes posted:

I have literally never seen a Jason Statham movie. Am I missing anything?

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
both Crank movies

For the most part you're digging through poo poo when looking at his IMDB profile. Maybe not poo poo, but definitely not must-see material.