Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!
rockwell was so good in billboards, don't take that away from him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVO6TmBXgH0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Jewmanji posted:

That movie was trash. Sorry. That scene in particular.

rockwell's performance here is great and if you think the performance or the scene in general in any way valorises the racist childlike hick cop waddling across the street to assault a journalist you're mistaken. it is a bit funny tho

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

thrawn527 posted:

I'm assuming there's an irony there?

lol

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

I was sold after 30 seconds. I shouldn't have watched the rest of the trailer and gotten every plot beat in the whole movie.

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

I think mia goth puts a clause in all her contracts that she has to get an unsettling nude scene and this certainly looks like it fits the pattern

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Comstar posted:

Why does Civil War not have a thread but Madam Web does.

I'm sure the discussion will be civil.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

If you actually legitimately care about film, there is a good chance you do not post about it on this web site, because if you look at the movie forum (or the book forum, etc) you see that largely there's an incredible fixation on really childish products (and they are usually products rather than films) with a corresponding lack of taste. I'm sure it's an idea that's unfamiliar to you, as a grown man who wants to surgically replace his dick and balls with a coin operated motorised Donald Duck ride who is about 3 wispy chin hairs away from being a convicted rapist,

etc

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

top half of this list is cursed

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Phew!

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

toggle posted:

my buddy called it "Nordic Lion King" lmao

well he's literally called hamlet

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Mordja posted:

You're all crazy, Northman was the best movie of '22 and only slightly worse than The Lighthouse.

E: Well, it or Inisherin

you're misremembering. the one with the korean detective falling in love with a murder suspect was Decision to Leave

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Benson Cunningham posted:

Just looks like absolute trash.

yep

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

I get why george miller decided to shoot furiosa from his hospice bed but it didn't do much for the look of the film

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

yes dude, we understand

a lot of people seem not to

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

idk, spotlight was pretty good

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

yeah. the verisimilitude of special effects is a matter only relevant to the individual.

okay so what point are you trying to make here in response to a number of individuals saying the effects in the Furiosa trailer are too obvious and fake looking

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

this is why speed racer is one of the best movies ever made. it doesnt matter if its obvious when it looks good. speed racer is what movies could look like if they focused more on looking good than looking real. or sin city. or kung fu hustle. and frankly i trust george miller to understand this

do you really think everyone saying Furiosa looks ugly is unaware of the concept of 'style'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

"some movies look different from other movies" isn't responsive to people saying a trailer looks different in a bad way. it's condescension with no point