Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

They're a film company, and this is why people like them.

Christ, they made a movie based on The Adderall Diaries? That book was dogshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

QuoProQuid posted:

:siren: An actual, honest-to-God trailer for Terry Gilliam’s Don Quixote: :siren:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PkRo5l8679g

and the timing couldn't be better:

https://twitter.com/EllenBarkin/status/975133466235777024

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

If they're going to do a subdued take on Dr. Smith why would they cast an excellent camp actor like Parker Posey?

I was looking forward to seeing her bring some of that Blade 3 mojo

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

gently caress yeah Rainn Wilson

I wonder what ethnicity Cliff Curtis's character will be this time around. I don't think he's played a Sherpa yet

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

The essay this is based on would make a neat movie, but I'm not sure this is it. To do it justice you'd need an actor who can flip between 'snivelling poo poo' and 'psycho mastermind', and while Kevin Spacey or Hugo Weaving could pull that off I'm not sure Marton Csokas has the chops.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
He is, but what made the essay so good was that it kept you guessing whether the character was really a murderer, or just a colossal dipshit whose big mouth got him in over his head. I don't know if Csokas can sell the latter (particularly since he's doing that Hannibal Lecter malevolent grin all through the trailer).

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
If David Lynch had a three year old right now he would be watching movies on his phone in two-minute chunks during toilet breaks and he'd be thankful for it

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

David Lynch had a daughter who was sick as a baby and he made Eraserhead as a result, so

and it took him five years so yeah he pretty much made it in two-minute chunks (possibly on the toilet idk)

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

Warner Bros just uploaded this. Movie still looks amazing after 50 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR_e9y-bka0

Is "revisionist edits" supposed to be a shot at Soderbergh or what

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Well then hats off to Nolan for staying mad for >20 years

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

I was worried about Alita for a while but holy poo poo that is looking insane these days, at least SFX-wise. I feel similar to when I was watching the magic start to happen with War For The Planet Of The Apes.

told myself i'd never do this but

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

SimonCat posted:

That's just it, the 80s were the high point of one man army action movies. Anyone one of Arnold's squad could have starred in his own B-movie. That genre of low budget action isn't being made anymore so it's hard to round up a group of guys like that for your movie.

ahem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHX0QGGtSQY

Clipperton fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 10, 2018

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

I'm gonna wait and see. I've adored every Shane Black flick so far.

Yeah I'm struggling to imagine a Black movie that isn't at least watchable

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

all incredibly not hot

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

They all look like kids.

well which is it

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
are there any pics of him rocking that stache in the superman tights

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
shock and awe does look stupid, otoh i am pretty stoked for the adam mckay dick cheney biopic

christian bale wrecking his body for our amusement never gets old

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Could this be the brownest movie ever made

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Friend posted:

What's your beef with Elvis

(trailer looks boring)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQXiZLni9M&t=205s

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Friend posted:

Yeah but Elvis wasn't racist, and even Chuck D has since admitted that :colbert:

the truth value of a lyric is in direct proportion to the awesomeness of the song, sorry but i don't make the rules

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

Is the author of London Fields a Motley Crue fan or what

he's a total dipshit, so probably

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

Sequel to the original. Ignoring all other movies.

if it's a sequel to "halloween" why is it called "halloween"

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Friend posted:

because they both take place on halloween

can't wait to see what they call the sequel

i was just thinking about casper van dien the other day. spooky

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

ruddiger posted:

Ah, I just looked it up, the dude in the trailer is Colman Domingo, the guy who plays Strand on Fear The Walking Dead. In my defense, his face is only visible for a fraction of a second before a huge piece of text covers his face up, and I only got a good look at the beard so I automatically assumed it was Cutty.

too late, you're racist now

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
twist: mr. glass was working for the trees all along

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

It's possible to have both.

Alita looks like unwatchable poo poo and the effects better hadn't be finished because right now they look worse than the intro to Witcher 3. It's going to be a pretty solid way to figure out which of your acquaintances you should drop like a hot rock, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syV2LkGpQB0

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Will the goon(s) who actually came up with Slenderman be getting any money for this?

The MSJ posted:

Can't wait for the movie where he teams up with Doobie to fight Caro and Grover.

I hear Tom Six has optioned Keyboard Goop

Clipperton fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jul 26, 2018

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
The sooner you come to terms with the fact that right-wing nutcases make some of the best action movies, and that you liking or not liking them isn't going to make any difference in the real world, the happier you'll be

As for trailers that their movies don't live up to, my favorite is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHX0QGGtSQY

(Movie was okay actually, but Jesus, that cast)

Clipperton fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jul 31, 2023

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Bugblatter posted:

I don’t think Chad Stahelski is right wing, so your argument falls apart instantly!

Edited to avoid futher nonsense in this vein. Anyway, I'll put the holy trinity of Conan the Barbarian, Red Dawn and Dirty Harry up against the Wicks any day

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Jimbot posted:

Let Luke say gently caress.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

I've been sold on Neil Burger since Interview with the Assassin so I'm down for this

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Red Cliff (both of them) kick rear end

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Violent Night frustrated the hell out of me, because it was a good script with a good cast dragged down by mediocre-to-bad directing and a pivotal moment that devolved into one incredible clunker of an action scene.

You better not be talking about the Home Alone scene here

I liked Violent Night a whole lot, except it should have found more to do with Edi Patterson.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
David Ayer directing Jason Statham from a Kurt "Equilibrium" Wimmer script? Day loving one baybeeeeee

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Jerkface posted:

I don't care give me Gosling in a comedy adjacent doofus role any day of the week

He's genuinely great at playing useless fuckups, and middling at best at everything else

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

Gonna disagree with this for Crazy Stupid Love alone

Haven't seen it, was he playing a fuckup and doing it poorly or playing a competent guy and doing it well

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
I think anyone expecting this to be in the same ballpark (or league, or sport) as Fury Road is going to be disappointed. FR famously gestated for decades, with Miller storyboarding every second of it in his head over and over before production even began (and stopped, and began again, and stopped, and...) Then when it did got going all that pent-up energy got unleashed with everyone involved going hell-for-leather to make it as great as it was.

I just don't see them capturing that same energy again, but honestly I'd be perfectly happy with a relatively minor (but really fun-looking) addition to the franchise

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Jewmanji posted:

I mean Fury Road is almost ten years old now. That’s plenty of time for some new ideas to gestate. And for all we know he had loads of good ideas that couldn’t fit into FR.

MaoistBanker posted:

Furiosa was written before Fury Road back in 2002.

It's not the ideas/screenplay so much, it's the actual pre-production and production of the thing with those thousands and thousands of storyboards etc that let them really nail down all the FR action

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Beyond Thunderdome rules you Philistines

and the kids are great, probably the closest we'll ever get to a Riddley Walker movie

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

DC Murderverse posted:

I saw someone on Twitter say they read the script for this and it is supposedly about the girl coming on to the teacher, being turned down, and then making up a fake rape accusation about him

Somewhere David Mamet is smiling

Ortega could knock a role like that out of the park, I’m interested in this now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

High Warlord Zog posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayPesvG86gE

Renny Harlin is back making English language movies again

Stoked for BRICKLAYER VS BEEKEEPER in a few years

RISE OF THE MASON BEES