Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The new trailer thread wouldn't be complete without these abortions. They aren't even for a new theatrical re-release for an anniversary or anything, just trailers for classic movies redone in a modern style that shits all over the tone of the original films.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjfRhwn-4fw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUsuFgZ6lJI

They’re for the digital versions of the film I think

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Apr 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqdogQq3uU0

:pwn:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It looks very...murky? Like a super cheap camera was used to film it. It’s not quite 24 FPS but some kind of blurry version of it.

It’s hard to describe.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shageletic posted:

It must be a real good sign that I can't go long without rewatching that Rampage trailer.

That Franco trailer link is dead btw

I first saw it in a birth movies death article, but that was scrubbed too. :tinfoil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PVOMWVs9RU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Chewbacca posted:

Is it weird that I'm excited to watch a Star Wars film flop?

You beefin with your boy or something?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Everyone’s bored because they had to do the exact same scenes again. I’d imagine that would be super frustrating.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I wish it was Piranha 3D levels of trash. Not rando summer blockbuster movie trash.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The little tag at the end of a trailer.

Usually saved for a joke or a cool moment. Think Thor saying “Who are you guys?” To the guardians of the galaxy in the first Infinity War trailer.

Or in the Meg’s case, the title card.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I saw that trailer thinking it was The It Follows dude’s movie, but it still looks super awesome.

(So does his movie too)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sick.

Now leak The Predator trailer.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

What the gently caress!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m not even joking, give it to me and I’ll make you a rad trailer.

(It won’t work but I can try!)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

My thing is you get too comfortable. You're too relaxed to pay perfect attention. I like the middle ground. Nice seats, but not reclining. I'm more focused on the movie.

Also I get super indecisive about how I want to sit so I keep adjusting it, and I can't imagine it's not annoying to the person next to you.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hey I just don't love 'em! They're okay, but not my favorite! Alamo Drafthouse has the perfect seats.

Also assigned seating is hell for moviepass

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

How do you watch movies at home? Cause I imagine most of us are splayed out on a couch.

If I lay down, I start to space out and stop caring about the movie. Usually I'll throw on something disposable or something I've seen before if I'm just chillin.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Eezee posted:

Not having assigned seating in every Cinema basically makes you a third world country. If I can't snag the best seats long before the movie and then arrive at the last minute I wouldn't go see any movies.

With movie pass you cannot do this! :v:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I just sit up and it's all good.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I just don’t want to lay down while watching a movie unless I’m going to sleep.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I went to an Alamo Drafthouse in Houston (or maybe it was Katy...somewhere around Houston, at least) in December because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I guess from various things I'd heard, I had it built up in my head as the ultimate theater experience. But honestly it wasn't anything special. It didn't have reclining seats, there didn't seem to be anything notable about the screen over other theaters, their system for ordering food was loving archaic, etc. I wasn't impressed at all. I've been to at least a handful of theaters not named Alamo Drafthouse that impressed me way more.

Alamo rules.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I would go back to Studio Movie Grill a thousand times before going back to Alamo.

In fact, when I went to Alamo a few months ago, I was disappointed that I'd gone there instead of going to Studio Movie Grill which I've done like every other time I've been to Houston in the past decade.

Well if Jack Black or Bruce Campbell ever shows up to one then maybe I’ll check it out.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

So dark! You sure you’re not from the DC Universe!?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Seriously though, reserved seating kills the movie pass. Thankfully there's a regular average movie theater barely a mile behind my house that doesn't have assigned seats. It's glorious. I never knew I would crave for regular seating but there you go. Thanks movie pass!

Also the thing with Drafthouse that makes it special, is the atmosphere. Most of the people there are coming to this theater because they love movies and respect them, and there's a weird sense of comradre there that you won't get with most theaters. You can go to the bar, and chat with some people about the movie you're seeing, or have seen, and it's great. Plus the no talking thing and the cool preshow stuff makes it unique.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

does it have to be the immediate next showing when you buy a moviepass ticket, or could you just drop by the theater earlier in the day, grab a ticket for the movie you wanna see at the time you want, and pick out a nice seat? I know you're not allowed to use Fandango, but most theaters will let you buy advance tickets at the box office, I ended up doing that when I took my little bro to see DBZ: Resurrection F (since Fandango was acting janky).

I've done this before for Mom and Dad at the Drafthouse only because I've been sold out of showings from them before for movies at random times. But it worked. I've heard that it's maybe a no-no thing, but that might be just for using the e-ticket to reserve it ahead of time.

But the problem is you have to go all the way to the theater, and then go back later, which is kind of frustrating.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You have to get the tickets way in advanced for that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love that he keeps dunking Wolverine Origins. It’s the best gift he could give Deadpool fans.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

i've looked up 4 different videos pronouncing symbiote and they're all different.

Maybe it's the word that is dumb?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKf9QnDNJXc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1fZ36GQfyM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOqBxoCxlE0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=257nNFA9YV4&t=49s

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Cameo posted:

Ruben Fleischer has nothing to do with Venom, though,

Are you being cheeky or something

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

kiimo posted:

If you think that is impressive, wait until you see our "from the director of Iron Man 3" card for Predator!

Why not have some fun with that then?

"From the guy who got killed first by The Predator"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Also Iron Man 3 is the best.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shane Black hasn't made a bad movie yet.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

What about it is so bad. Because the things I've heard is "It's too funny" or "It's weird". I've read the leaks and fans are losing their minds because of somethings that doesn't sound all that bad unless you're really rigid in how you need your Predator movies to go.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

people are tired of loving people and want to gently caress creatures.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love they snuck in Jonah Hex up in there.

Also, dang, Josh Brolin has been a lot of comic book characters.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I collected comics during my youth in the 90s when all the crossover stuff was going on. While it's interesting to me that Marvel finally found a way to milk the cow of the crossover strategy with a broader customer base...the ideas that even the bronze age comics regularly explored through colorful characters were quite a bit more interesting than the formulaic agitprop the MCU brings to the table.

If I want FUN I'll play a videogame.

video games are super boring.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

kiimo posted:

Thursday

I love that you're here. You give me the scoop on the thing I care about the most.

AvP Galaxy has no idea lol

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

viral spiral posted:

Without spoiling anything, do you feel that the new Predator film is at least competently made?

He gets clips I think and probably not enough to really tell fully if the film works or not.

Im sure it’s as good as my other Shane Black film.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Need The Predator trailer injected in my eyeballs asap Kiimo. Thanks.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vagabundo posted:

Honestly, this looks like such insufferable bollocks. Hey look at these two idiots make bad choice after bad choice, SO PROFOUND. So gently caress off.

I like it because it reminds me of spring breakers.

Also I’m down with more dumb youth stories because gently caress adults. They’re trash.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It reminds me of the first act a lot with the dumb kids who just want to go get hosed up and party all the time, consequences be damned.

Obviously once Alien shows up things take a hard turn, but before that it was just a “let’s go party because we’re bored!” Story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It starts off with bored college kids wanting to go get hosed up at spring break. So they go do dumb poo poo to get the money and go and get hosed up, riding scooters, being loud dumb shits.