Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

i just read the graphic novel that Old is based on called Sandcastle. it's super short and pretty neat. i can't really see how it will translate into a watchable movie, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

i can't wait for every character to come on screen and announce themselves by their character name in the first person. that definitely was only written in for trailer purposes, right?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

my favorite exchange from the MK trailer:

"it's a birthmark"

"what do you mean"

"he was born with it"

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

civil war trailer looks pretty poo poo

i liked deus ex and i really like annihilation. devs was decent. men wasn't as bad as the entire internet makes it out to be but it was still bad.

bummer

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

it was creepy but i didn't get it. the consensus is the movie is just a long way to say "men bad huh?" but i don't understand what the ending was supposed to imply metaphorically

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyXuRmXbS7U

might be old news for some but i saw this trailer last night when i went to see late night w the devil and it looks pretty cool. horror is not really my thing but i dig the vibes on this one

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

come and see was the most agonizingly boring movie i've ever watched. i like movies from the 70s and deep foreign film about serious topics, but this is the #1 or #2 rated movie on letterboxd and it's just a slog.

the ending sequence is kind of interesting but other than that: 😴

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

e: this is not the playstation thread

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

to contribute: thor 4 is absolutely one of the worst movies i've ever watched in my whole life and i've seen a decent amount and a lot of junk

and i actually really liked ragnarok

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

boy kills world feels like it could be halfway decent fun the way nobody with bob odenkirk was silly fun

but with the voiceover gimmick it feels like it's going to be the most annoying movie ever made

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

B-Rock452 posted:

Honestly I probably wouldn't have absolutely loathed Silent Night if H Jon Benjamin was commenting on poo poo throughout the movie.

this is a very hard sentence to read. what are you actually saying lol

e: i reread it and i'm unfamiliar with the movie you mentioned. so i guess you're saying you would have enjoyed silent night if it did have narration by the bobs burgers guy. weird but to each their own. i don't think having narration help one movie not suck means it would be better if all movies had it.

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

boy kills world did a sponsored reddit "AMA" that bombed hilariously. it was an ad instead of organic so it was showing up in random posts in completely unrelated subreddits. people posting things like "im only in gardening and pottery subreddits why am i seeing this?" loving lol.

also the "AMA" was for the "character" of the "voice" almost certainly not even actually answered by the bobs burgers guy.

i am going to really have a blast reading all the 1 and 2 star letterboxd reviews for this when it finally comes out.