Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Is that seriously the reason for cardboard slip covers? can't say I've ever had so much unavoidable glare that I couldn't see a dvd cover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

I, Butthole posted:

I found that the quickest way to get around this sorta poo poo is to disconnect the device from the internet. Any BDLive enabled disc that I put in my PS4, I make sure I disconnect entirely before booting and it's just the (skippable) trailers and disclaimers, usually.

Some get around that mrgod, though. A current trend among Australian films is a 2 minute, volume boosted, unskippable vignette that's a bunch of local actors and industry saying "thank you for supporting local films!" with obnoxious backing music. It's killing me.

I get Australian discs and they all have that sort of stupid thing but its always skippable. Just using a PS3 to play them. The only unskippable thing I've ever seen was a 10 minute video of Gwyneth Paltrow talking about saving the African children or whatever on a dvd of Charlie Wilson's War. It's the most annoying and out of place thing I've ever seen in my life.