Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

CPL593H posted:

I just like the idea of Bad Taste being on a premium format. The only version of Braindead/Dead Alive I ever say was the incredibly lovely and heavily cut R-rated version. I somehow never got around to seeing the proper cut.

edit: Turns out it's not streaming on anything. Weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_FMUq50oPY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I got mine from Best Buy and they already shipped it out.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

dorium posted:

I would buy Yes Madam in a heartbeat. Don’t even need to check the budget.

https://twitter.com/Eurekavideo/status/1554467227885248515

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Cabin Boy 4k

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
It really sucks that the Star Trek movies are supposed to arrive one day after my three day weekend :negative:

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I'm really hoping the "crazy debut film from a director who clearly loved the Slasher and Giallo genres" secret release is Stagefright.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

ultraviolence123 posted:

What's the deal with the Event Horizon 4k? My copy from Amazon disappeared before it even left the UPS hub and they've been sold out since, Best Buy is sold out, all the usual indie shops I buy from are eternally out of stock. Is this gone forever or will it get a repress? I can live with the Blu but would like the 4k.

There's a french collectors editon that looks like it's still available new on amazon and fnac if you really want it.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I read that there will also be a Terrifier 2 collectors edition from Amazon and a 4k from best buy so I'm going to hold off on the steel book.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
There's a special edition of The Frighteners UHD at Turbine just went up.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Just saw an alleged leak for one of the secret titles and yep, it is definitely "star studded" :lmao:

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Just throw Jupiter Ascending in the trash.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
My Vinegar Syndrome stuff shipped today the last time I ordered TCM2 and it only took two days to get here (california) so hopefully it will be here soon. Meanwhile I ordered Robin Hood from Arrow UK they made a label on the 24th and just forgot to give it to the mail carrier or something.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Did you get the VHS?

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Finally received my Robin Hood from arrow though they already refunded me and I bought another from Amazon, lmao.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Basebf555 posted:

I have no experience with Vinegar Syndrome, is it pretty much required that you buy stuff right away, do their releases typically sell out and go out of print? I have a feeling of obligation to buy From Beyond but man, $40+ is pretty rough considering I already have a nice Shout Factory blu ray that I've always been very happy with. I'd love to maybe wait a while and see if I can get it cheaper in a sale or something.

Most likely all of the new stuff will not sell out before the next sale. I think From Beyond will be safe because it's just a slipcover edition not a fancy limited box. Even if the slipcover sells out there will still be a standard edition too.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

SeductiveReasoning posted:

Amazon has both listed as Jan 10. I’ve had them both preordered since September but my Dragons Forever disc is estimated arrival Jan 17 and super cop is march 15!

My Dragons Forever from Amazon just shipped today so maybe soon.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I'm just finishing up all the special features and now I'll never get the image of his pineal gland being a "dog dick" out of my mind.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
There's a Four Flies steelbook coming from FNAC if you can't get the Severin one.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
VS sent out a email with a $5 off code earlier today it's "vinegarvalentine"

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Gripweed posted:

This is a really petty thing to be annoyed about. But I'm annoyed about it.

You really have to pay attention with Arrow to the differentiation between their nice limited edition boxes and non-limited ones that come in those lovely boxes. I got got the same way when I ordered a Daimaijin set on sale thinking it was a great deal but it was the exact same thing. Then I had to find an actual limited edition set and order it again.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
My VS shipments waiting at home and I juuuuust finished watching all my 10 for $10 poo poo. Think from now on I'm just gonna get one or two a month and not get a dozen during the sales even if it might save a bit of cash it just takes too long to watch everything.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I have no experience with any of those partner titles but most seem interesting, anyone have any recommendations?

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Fuuuuuucking hell why couldn't they have posted that an hour ago.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
It's not consistent but more like $5-10 off everything.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
It really captured the tedium of being in the middle of the ocean alone with Kevin Costner though.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Lot's of naysayers but I thought Surf II was one of the best 10 for 10 titles I picked up. I liked Creature and Deathrow Gameshow as well but Icecream Man was so bad I could barely finish it.

Trauma was also awful. When I saw Brad Dourif was in it and the effects were by Tom Savini I had to pick it up but loving lol because Dourif was only in it for a minute and there were practically no special effects. Overall it was an interesting film though with how much of a mess it was and it did have good aspects but the fascination with the "love story" with his daughter that took up most of the film could have done without.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I would suggest checking ebay or mercari for a region free player I got a used sony one from some dude for $70.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Liar Lyre posted:

I’m sorry. The best advice I can give is understand how to shop smart. There are dozens of boutiques labels ranging in size and variety of releases. Each have their own release and sale schedules. Right now, Arrow started a 50% off sale for this month. Next month will have Vinegar Syndrome, then I think Severin and Criterion shortly after, all of them 50% off as well. General releases, I always suggest to shop around the holidays. Target tends to do BOGO type of deals all the time and their online store has a decent selection.

I believe Kino Lorber is also going to have one starting tomorrow.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I'm holding out for the 4k

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
It looks like Vinegar Syndrome reviews are live'ish you can read them but can't submit one on the website. Instead they sent me an email asking for a review of Freeway 2 with a form to fill out.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Pro move: only watch movie with the commentary instead of watching it twice.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I mean you should watch everything, obviously? I think the UHD is one of the best I've seen. The extended cut is really good I think it's one of those cuts that makes the film different but still good, maybe a little better, but the S-Mart ending is the best ending.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
The Bigman Oncampus?

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Maybe "Born in East L.A" the comedy with Cheech Marin.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
It's a good flick great practical effects, massive amounts of gore, and that ending, love it.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
That would go nicely next to my new Gunbuster blu-ray.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I always watch the commentary. Right now I just finished watching "Hot Under the Collar" and am watching the commentary. Sometimes I look at a release like "Full Time" for example, looks like a good movie, but it has one commentary from a *film critic* and not much else. So I figure why bother buying this might as well just rent it on streaming.

It's funny you mention the commentary for the Kung Fu movies cuz lots of the ones I own have ones from Frank Djeng and I am not a fan. It's like every person that appears on screen he has to recite their IMDB page not just the primary actors but *all* the stunt people. It gets really tiresome.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
I would kill for a Demolition Man UHD.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Yessss, I've been wanting Unmasking the Idol! Hoping they have Werewolf vs Vampire Woman tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Beastmaster is so good. They really put an incredible amount of money and effort into making it that goes underappreciated. Filming with a child actor and animals is super difficult. All natural lighting and cinematography by the same guy that did Barry Lyndon. The climax where literally everything is on fire is insane.