Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Went a little nuts at the Kino Lorber sale, but got a nice copy of Hardcore (Schumacher riffed on this with 8MM), The Man On The Moon and the classic Chicago buddy cop comedy Running Scared.

Locally there's this shop called Nickelflix and they sell Blu Rays for $4 unless it's a boutique - picked up Crazy People (which I never even knew had a Blu release) and the original Magnificent Seven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

It's weird that some movies are only (readily) available via double feature packs. Tried to find Identity for a while and only just now found it in a two-pack with Vacancy, which is not a bad movie, but not what I wanted

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

dorium posted:

The Last Boy Scout being stuck in a double pack with Last Man Standing is a crime against cinema and anything good or beautiful in the world and having watched Last Man Standing last year for the first time there should be some sort of law against doing this.

Personally, I enjoyed Last Man Standing, but your point is valid

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Charles Ford posted:

When I wanted to grab a blu-ray of Terrorvision the only option (at least at the time) was a double feature with The Video Dead. I'd never heard of that but needs must, and since I'd bought it anyway I gave it a watch and it was fine, so I guess if they bundle movies I want with movies I might like that's kind of okay.

I'm trying to find a copy of Tron that's not packaged with the terrible sequel and it's not going well.

Edit : apparently I was way wrong and it was easier than I thought. the point still stands, it's a bad choice to have them both together

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 29, 2024