Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Interesting timing on this thread. Last Tuesday I finally threw away my last 6 videotapes, one of which was my wedding. I've long since converted all that to digital, and the actual movies I did have were stored too close to an unshielded speaker at some point and there were blank spots throughout. Dunno why I kept them this long, I haven't had a VCR since 2003.

I do remember when I finally bought a progressive scan DVD player, only to find out that 99% of TVs couldn't actually display it and it'd default to interlaced. I finally learned to research and wait for technology so I get what I pay for.

Guys at work make fun of me for owning blu rays, they think streaming is a 100% replacement. But they aren't movie junkies, they just watch whatever their wives find to watch that night. I tried to watch Pretty Woman last month and it was nowhere to be found except a $7 rental. Of course once I had Netflix send it, Amazon dropped the rental price to $1. It's like they are watching. But yeah, there are still millions of movies that are only pay to watch rather than on a free streaming service, and I hate it. So when I really want to be sure I can watch something at any time, I buy it.

And Pretty Woman really does not hold up. It's been decades since I've seen it and it was terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU