Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I already voted for Cowboy Bebop

snailshell
Aug 26, 2010

I LOVE BIG WET CROROCDILE PUSSYT
Nina Matsumoto and Kat Bailey are two of the best guests ever on this show! Both have great chemistry with H&B, bring new stories and new perspectives to the ep content, and (as a lesbian who humorlessly overexplains jokes, points of discussion, etc., myself) I find Kat Bailey's humorless overexplanations extremely charming.

If anyone else enjoys Griffin Newman's whole thing, he tells a great story on the podcast Hidden Mickeys about how he found a baggie of heroin on the ground while working at the Disney Store in Times Square.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/TalkSimpsonsPod/status/1427363369103802374?s=19

Need to find these coward Patreon who vote for the millionaire playboy over work-a-day Duckman

B:TAS was my second pick

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
rigged

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Another speed bump on the road to more TalKing of the Hill.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Tennis the Menace: an actually pretty okay episode

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
thought y'all might like this

https://twitter.com/thatbilloakley/status/1438266894901936129?s=19

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
What game was it that henry was playing about on talk to the audience?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Brand Synergy

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
What the gently caress?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

What is the ven diagram of hardcore Simpson fans and Balenciaga fans. What???

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZHESOq-Gkw

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://www.balenciaga.com/en-us/the-simpsons-tm-and-%C2%A9-20th-television-t-shirt-oversized-black-810211956.html

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I love that this looks like a simpsons shirt you get at target.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
These clothes look like poo poo

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I don't know what that is but holy poo poo that looks like a lovely shirt lol

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Big Bugs and Taz in baggy jeans and sunglasses energy

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Good Listener posted:

I don't know what that is but holy poo poo that looks like a lovely shirt lol

Correction - a lovely shirt that can be yours for over $600!

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Correction - a lovely shirt that can be yours for over $600!

I'll take 20!

Also it 's always nice having Kat on. She's one of my fave guests.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

lol

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUviv9nhmPH/?utm_medium=copy_link

photos from the runway

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

I'll wait for it to show up in TK Maxx

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

The_Rob posted:

I love that this looks like a simpsons shirt you get at target.

hey that's rude

to target, this is a shirt you find at a hot topic on the "3 for 10 dollars" bin

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Lots of Jellystone! talk on this week's What a Cartoon. If I didn't know that they were months ahead I'd suggest the new Halloween episode.

Gibbon
Feb 22, 2004
chang chang!
I've been listening and enjoying this podcast. Up to 138th episode spectacular and realise I've stopped listening to all my other podcasts and just been binging this one, pretty good!

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

:same: my regret is that I didn't start listening until a year or so ago and there's so much back content I don't know if I'll ever get caught up. And that's not even counting the additional mountain of podcasts I get as a Patreon subscriber.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
It's a bingeable backlog

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Yea I've been casually going through the backlog since I signed up for days when I'm out of other podcasts too. I'm just listened to The Joy of Sect.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Sweet, latest patreon update is both a Talking Futurama and a TalKing of the Hill every month. Frankly, I wouldn't bat an eye if Bob and Henry only do talking Simpsons the other two weeks of the month to give themselves some breathing room. The source material is starting to get crappy, and the longer they stretch it out, the longer it takes to get to the absolute dreck that is the second half of the Simpsons' catalog. Although, maybe the tone of the show will shift to MST3K-esque making GBS threads on the simpsons soon.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I popped my monocle when I heard henry say that we brits pronounce hoover wrong. :monocle:

Is the game not just called "hover bovver" (I hadn't heard of it before).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hover_Bovver

The guy has a flymo lawn mower which I'm guessing looks like a hoover on a C64.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 4, 2021

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
That's the 2nd time Bob mentioned Game Players magazine. Now I'm fingers crossed for a Retronauts ep on them

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

stealie72 posted:

Sweet, latest patreon update is both a Talking Futurama and a TalKing of the Hill every month. Frankly, I wouldn't bat an eye if Bob and Henry only do talking Simpsons the other two weeks of the month to give themselves some breathing room. The source material is starting to get crappy, and the longer they stretch it out, the longer it takes to get to the absolute dreck that is the second half of the Simpsons' catalog. Although, maybe the tone of the show will shift to MST3K-esque making GBS threads on the simpsons soon.

There was some kind of slip in a recent episode that, in my opinion, confirmed my paranoid fringe theory that Bob and Henry plan on redoing every episode of every season in their current fashion. Which will definitely drag things out.

Also like they say, there are some good ones in the later seasons.

Also they have to do TalKing of the Hill and Talking Futurama or every miniseries is just going to alternate between the two shows. It's that or get rid of polls.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
As long as I get my Content I am happy

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.
yeah i don’t really care what episodes or seasons they cover it’s just fun to listen to them!! unless they have a chapo guy on then the episode is awful terrible ruined garbage

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I just wish they were honest about it and said they were redoing every episode they've already done because they want to stretch things out as long as possible so that they can be Simpsons podcasters as long as possible. I'm okay with that! I'm rooting for these guys!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
This weeks ep was on the tv here last night. Good timing.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I’m sure the TS boys would also like to have a back catalogue that doesn’t have content with a business partner they parted ways with. Also I fully believe that they want to do a better job covering the episodes when they weren’t juggling life-draining jobs and podcasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Also they have to do TalKing of the Hill and Talking Futurama or every miniseries is just going to alternate between the two shows. It's that or get rid of polls.

We're still going to have a fall miniseries that isn't King of the Hill or Futurama, but we haven't decided on what form it'll take yet. And we haven't made any announcements about revisiting other past seasons, but in general it's been very rewarding to retread these old episodes with new voices, and without the misery of having to do multiple podcasts right after working 8-10 hours at a full-time job. (That's also why no one is drinking on the mic anymore.)

Also, no one should worry about us. If The Simpsons suddenly stopped, AND we decided to not cover any more episodes we've already discussed, we'd still have 13 years of podcasting left when it comes to that series alone.