Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I eagerly wait for when Duckman finally gets it’s chance as a mini series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

The content must flow

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Old Swerdlow posted:

I eagerly wait for when Duckman finally gets it’s chance as a mini series.

This is in fact why we will continue to get new permanent monthly series until Duckman is the only option left.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
No Talking Duckman until they give us Talking Together.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Pordcast

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I'm just sad What A Cartoon is going monthly. There's still so many cartoons out there.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Talklone High

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Fezz posted:

I'm just sad What A Cartoon is going monthly. There's still so many cartoons out there.

:smith: Same - I was genuinely bummed out by the announcement. I really, really, really love hearing in-depth details about cartoons I haven't thought about in years, and often being able to get a newfound appreciation for what they are.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Personally I don't listen to any of the what a cartoon episodes for shows I don't have any affection for so more King of the Hill on a more consistent basis makes me happy.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
People who are able to enjoy any kind of sequential entertainment by skipping around only to the parts that interest them the most instead of going through every single piece of content in order are clearly broken.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I like What A Cartoon but occasionally I skip em or save them for later if a series doesn't interest me. It's a good podcast and it's too bad that it's schedule is changing but it's ultimately no biggie

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I'll always start a WAC, the research and history on a show I don't know is a good listen and sometimes it turns me on to a show that I'm gonna look at later. I've turned a few off in the recap/discussion half if the material itself doesn't grab me, though.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

emgeejay posted:

Talklone High

TalkALF

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
I was just listening to a Cum Town patreon episode where Nick Mullen talks about how The Simpsons was the only positive influence in his childhood (to the extent that he had memorized the production code numbers) and I realized he'd be a great guest on Talking Simpsons. He's probably the sharpest comedy mind in the world today, he's friends with the Chapo guys and he'd bring some interesting insights into the episodes (not to mention the impressions he could do). Any plans to have him on soon?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
ah hah wizard master

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
don't drag Bob into your Chapo-friend-stalking hobby

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

After listening to these guys talk for literally thousands of hours I've realized one massive insight into their personalities: Henry almost only talks about his childhood, and Bob only talks about his preteen and teen years. Bob doesn't like talking about when he was a child. Henry doesn't like talking about when he was an adult. That makes them even more amazing as co-hosts because of the contrast.

Neither of them like to talk about their times in the games press more than massive generalities, and good on them for not throwing anyone under the bus.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I personally don't like talking about the past at all so I can relate to both

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Spawntalk reminded me of this gem: highlights from when Stan Lee challenged McFarland and Liefeld to design a hero solely based on the name "Overkill"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmLFGWAyajU
Full video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WaJhpqAWjuE

They make a villain, with no discernible motivation or backstory, full of poo poo that McFarland "knows the kids love" like chains. Also Stan needles Liefeld about feet. Later, the freak they made is used in Spawn without attribution as "Overt Kill (whom some call Overkill)"

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Also these are the Spawn intros Bob mentioned. Lots of Deep Thoughts and Mature Themes that McFarlane isn't afraid to tackle

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F9wmgRRoSyg

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I guessed today's guest when Henry mentioned his broken leg, and delighted to be right! I had wondered if Danhausen would stay in character for the whole thing and i think a good balance was found. Great timing with his career news too.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/TalkSimpsonsPod/status/1488994733821026304

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I got trolled by the 20 second talk to the audience. :arghfist:

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

loving YES, you guys are redoing season 3!

by the time you re-redo season 1+ you'll have the steadily-built fame and connections to get anyone on as a guest; imagine a lead writer or director going line-by-line through the script, it would be like annotated editions of books and help future generations understand what made the 90s tick and how America changed in the following 30 years

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

They'll work up to recording new commentaries with the show runners, writers and artists for every single episode

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

brugroffil posted:

They'll work up to recording new commentaries with the show runners, writers and artists for every single episode

in 10 years it'll be livestreaming their commentary on brand new episodes
...before they enter production
...from the corner of the writing room

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

brugroffil posted:

Well, if Disney is just gonna keep the DVD ones locked away forever instead of just making them a selectable audio track on D+, gently caress it, let’s go

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

BizarroAzrael posted:

I guessed today's guest when Henry mentioned his broken leg, and delighted to be right! I had wondered if Danhausen would stay in character for the whole thing and i think a good balance was found. Great timing with his career news too.

I don't follow wrestling so when I started the episode I thought they were talking to Al Jean doing a character.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Bob, since you're revisiting Berserk I'll just leave these here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePSuzeXYnM4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Fv0CzF8zQ

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

"greater Chicago area"? It's Chicagoland, you fools!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Analytic Engine posted:

loving YES, you guys are redoing season 3!

I knew it! I knew they were going to redo all the seasons. And then when they're done that, they'll do it again. Bob and Henry want to be Simpsons podcasters. They want that to be their job. And it's hard when people only care about seasons 1-9, even though there's enough episodes from the later seasons to keep them employed for years. How do you keep people engaged?? Just do every popular season over and over and over and over.

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 11, 2022

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

All I'm saying is I've been listening to them since 2015. I give them money. I've got a parasocial relationship with them that is reinforced by each episode of "talk to the audience". But they're not my friends. They're performers and I consume their content in exchange for a fee. I don't owe them anything. And I recognize that they are going to go through these horrible seasons as slow as they possibly can.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

All I'm saying is I've been listening to them since 2015. I give them money. I've got a parasocial relationship with them that is reinforced by each episode of "talk to the audience". But they're not my friends. They're performers and I consume their content in exchange for a fee. I don't owe them anything. And I recognize that they are going to go through these horrible seasons as slow as they possibly can.

My cat's breath smells like cat food

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Season 13 is the first season where I haven't seen every episode

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

RIP to an amazing colossal comic
https://twitter.com/variety/status/1513963239922561025?s=21&t=egdGZqshezwh8-tFVVrEoA

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Quick, was he a voice in anything TS/WAC has covered?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

Quick, was he a voice in anything TS/WAC has covered?

Iago obviously, but Bob loved his podcast and brings up stuff from it all the time

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

I guess it was pointless to post that since he already knew, but it feels like Gilbert was a part of TS/WAC

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

by The Glumslinger in the GBS Simpsons thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Mitch is such a perfect guest for TS and you guys managed to set up every possible injoke about him thanks to all your episodes with his nerdier friends