Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I started listening to the show in May of '16 when I went on a long solo road trip and have been subscribing to the patreon for a while now! I wholeheartedly recommend this show and giving these people money!

However, I think you all need to rein Henry Gilbert in a little bit. He talks over people and has a tendency to turn almost any subject into a long, almost entirely unrelated story about his personal life or his childhood. I'm not sure if it's getting worse over time or I'm becoming slowly more and more annoyed by it. He's a nice guy and an integral part of the show, I just don't need to hear 5 minutes about how he went to the mall once 20 years ago because somebody mentioned pretzels.

Otherwise, again, it's an excellent show! I only hope that the King of the Hill episode of What A Cartoon! doesn't mean that you will never do a season of Talking King of the Hill. I'm probably one of the only regular listeners you have who prefers King of the Hill over Futurama, though I do love both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

bobservo posted:

King of the Hill is a very likely candidate for our next mini-series.

Wingo man!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I had the audacity to complain about Henry Gilbert's tangents and talking over people and I was punished with the Chapo crossover episode. Those guys were just meandering every which way. Even talking over episode clips!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Dexter's Lab really is on Hulu and really does hold up. Thanks for improving my week, What A Cartoon!!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I miss Chris, you guys are fools.

bobservo posted:

Oh yeah, and Steve Sajdak from We hate Movies is on this week's Patreon episode!

I said an actual verbal, "Holy poo poo!" when I saw last night that Steven Sajdak was on this week's episode. I didn't know you were such a big deal!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

There's too much Talking Simpsons out right now! It's wonderful!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Oh man I watched the video about CAD that was mentioned in today's ep of Talking Futurama and it made me very upset.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

khwarezm posted:

What was that again?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TebCHHCw9rY

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Did they schedule the run of Talking Futurama so that the last episode came on June 1 in case people were planning on cancelling their subscriptions after it was over?? :tinfoil:

That would have been pretty devious.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I didn't post this quote of myself on the Patreon because it's from the GBS Simpsons thread and I don't want my forums posts attached to my real name but I so badly wanted to use it as a comment on the recent Apu ep:

quote:

NEWS ANCHOR 1: Now let's look at the Simpsons writing staff a little.
NEWS ANCHOR 2: They're a colorful bunch. They've been dubbed "The Diversity Crew" *chuckles*
NEWS ANCHOR 1: And we laugh legitimately. There's a white guy, a different kind of white guy, and a jewish guy.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Hyrax Attack! posted:

More King of the Hill episodes please

Please stop doing Simpsons episodes after season 12 or 14 and start on King of the Hill. Without changing the name of the show.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'd love to listen to them do a show on Drawn Together because they both hate it so much.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Looks like he got enough money, good stuff.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I have also disliked Homer's Enemy since it first aired, but I was still looking forward to the Talking Simpsons episode on it.

Yeech that was awful. Those Chapo hosts are the worst. I don't mean because of their left-wing point of view (if anything they aren't left wing enough) but because of their dumbass tangents, facile insights, and highdea style nonsense. I don't mind Henry or Bob injecting a little common-sense wokeness into the show at all but I don't need multi-minute digressions that remind me of nothing more than a 16 year old edgelord telling me about how Thanksgiving is a lie and Jesus wasn't really born on Christmas. Worst episode ever!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

What if they had Chris Antista on the show as a guest and just pretended it was his first appearance and made him explain who he is and his history with The Simpsons and such and such.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

King of the Hill is better than Futurama, as a whole.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Apoplexy posted:

Slander. Pure slander. KotH is like a 9.5 but Futurama has episodes that are well into the 'best thing to ever air on television' realm. Just because Futurama has a few bad episodes, mostly in the Comedy Central years, doesn't make its heights any less immense.

Futurama has higher peaks and lower valleys, that's why I said "as a whole".

Excited for the poll!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Jurassic Bark is bad, but to me the most offensive version of it is the end of the episode "Lethal Inspection" where they are so obviously trying to make you feel twee feelings that it makes my teef hurt.

There are definitely some bad late season KOTH episodes but not that many.

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jan 11, 2019

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Any of the overtly political later season KOTH episodes were awful in their own way, because the early-mid 2000's were just a garbage time to be alive, but their issues seem almost quaint compared to the issues of today.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Mission Hill loving sucks and I'm glad it's going to lose. May as well do Undergrads, yeech.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I can't wait for them to do Batman Beyond. I don't read comic books or watch comic book movies but I was totally the right age for this show when it came out and it totally holds up to this day.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

They squeezed an entire regular length episode out of a clip show holy poo poo. Definitely one of their more impressive achievements.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

No Talking of the Hill today? I must have missed an announcement.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Hey, there it is.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Billy Gnosis posted:

I remember way too much about undergrads for a show I didn't like and only barely watched when Comedy Central picked it up for late night reruns along with such pinnacles of Comedy as "Gary and Mike"

Hi Guuuy

For me, the peak "just watching it because it was on and it was a cartoon" show was Bob and Margaret. Why did I watch Bob and Margaret? Why?? Was it secretly good? Haven't seen an ep in 15 years but I know I watched so very much Bob and Margaret.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Looks what happens when you forget to play the anti death jingle for an old celebrity!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Nick Soapdish posted:

Hope more people vote for Mission Hill as the Fall miniseries. Show still holds up well.

I hate them all and I want to vote for none of the above. I want the Talking Simpsons boys to either do something new and fresh or something actually obscure!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I've watched all the episodes of Mission Hill lots of times I just don't think it's good. I'm sorry for being a crank about it though, it's a sweet show.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

My dream is the miniserieses are just TalKing of the Hill two seasons a year. We can vote on a new one in Fall 2025.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I hope to someday have the money to make them do Drawn Together. I love that stupid show so drat much.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Billy Gnosis posted:

Every poll where Undergrads isn't an option proves that Bob is a coward.

Challenge him to a debate!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Drawn Together called Bill Cosby a sexual predator in an episode that aired on October 25, 2006.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Very cool!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm going to get Disney+ when they fix the aspect ratio thing.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

bobservo posted:

Please have faith in us! We have more listeners/patrons than ever before since we hit the "bad" years, and we don't think we're going to lose anyone as we go further into the double-digit seasons.

Come on, Bob, endlessly insisting that you guys are truly going to do the bad seasons and then mysteriously starting over at Season 1 after 10??

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The Talking Simpsons network will now produce 30% less content and I'm not even mad! Bob and Henry work hard and put on a quality show.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm still hoping they have Chris Antista on one of these season 1 redo episodes and they treat him like he's a first time guest make him go through his history with the show all that stuff and just play it totally straight.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

My favorite podcast moment of 2020 so far is hearing Bob say "vondruke".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm really sad that something so Kafkaesque is going on with the new miniseries poll.