Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I know it's kinda insane to be all 'no you guys should absolutely keep recording this podcast for the time it takes to cover near three decades of a show' but I'd keep listening at least. The newer episodes do have good ones and this podcast is the only one I've found that can say why an episode sucks without just saying "IT'S NEW AND BAD IT'S NOT LIKE THE GOLDEN AGE THAT IS CONSTANTLY SHIFTING AND REQUIRES OMITTING MULTIPLE EPISODES ANYWAY"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bobservo posted:

Our plan is to keep going until we run out of episodes, so we've got at least ten years left.

the simpsons is the grapefruit wedged under the brakes of your podcast, and we're all just waiting for it to shoot you in the eyes and send everything spiraling.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
what a good good time for the Two Bad Neighbors episode to hit

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm not saying you should do an episode focused on a thing Trump had a cameo in but

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
You guys are getting some extra primo podcast nerd guests for these last few eps, nice.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

So why hasn't there been a new episode in over two weeks? :confused:

There's a new feed, I think the itunes page updated just subscribe again.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Human Tornada posted:

I like them having guests. Bob and Henry are almost too in sync sometimes and it can feel like a planned lecture more than a conversation. Having someone else in there breaks it up and makes it a little more spontaneous.

yea I don't think they're following a script or whatever but they're super in sync and similar enough that it can make even genuine conversation sound scripted. A guest helps keep them from entering some kinda nerd drift Pacific Rim style. It's a really weird thing but I'm glad I'm not the only one who's gotten that feel at times.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The joke with Skinner and Chalmers has always been that Chalmers is only slightly less dumb/naive than Skinner but his position means he has the power between them.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Good for him, I can't imagine how much that must suck. I got pissed when I got mugged for 100 bucks and that had zero impact on my professional life's future.

One day they'll catch that fake wallet inspector :argh:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Human Tornada posted:

I really like the Chapo episodes of Talking Simpsons. Every episode is good but I sometimes feel like a lot of their guests are from GEEK CULTURE and tend to have similar things to say and it's nice to break out of that little world for a change.

Yea, the show's good consistently but it's nice to break the typical mold of ~geek culture~ types and get a different view. Most people who are into Simpsons fandom stuff have similar opinions, not to say that can't be fun obviously but it's nice to drag in weirdos from other internet bubbles who like the show.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What's the worst episode of KotH and Futurama?

Worst KotH is the one the one where Bobby tries to do a school carnival and somehow it turns into a giant episode about how white guilt is evil and forced on poor innocent kids who never even thought about race before some WACKY LIB came in and confused them. Maybe tied with the one where Strickland hires the junkie and the DUMB GOVERNMENT won't let him...fire the junkie? That thing that happens all the time? Basically the episodes where Judge just got to puke his libertarian screed with no jokes.

Futurama's worst is the one where Leela and Zapp are adam and eve for some reason and just nothing funny or good happens. Or, hot take, Jurassic Bark is cheap emotional manipulation on the level of poo poo like A Dog's Purpose where it's just 'yea no poo poo if you show me a dog suffering I'll be sad because I'm not a sociopath', but at least that one had good jokes like the repeating gag of people trying to gently caress with hot lava ending with Farnsworth just shouting "PROFESSOR. LAVA. HOT!!!!"

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 11, 2019

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Yeah that’s a weak one, but does have the joke about Hank still being mortified about going to work on the day Tom Landry died.

I’d say all time worst was Dale to the Chief. Hank’s driver’s license says female, it’s an abomination a man could be considered a woman, Dale’s character arc is abandoned now he loves the government with many dated early Bush era references, and boy doesn’t everyone dislike the DMV?

It's been a bit but I thought most of the jokes there about Hank's thing was how flipped out Hank was about it while most people were all 'yea that sucks man but you can fix it'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pope Guilty posted:

The Rashomon episode where they become volunteer firemen and burn down the firehouse and Boomhauer perceives everybody as talking like him while he speaks with perfect election and eloquence? One of the absolute standouts.

that's just one of the best tv episodes in general.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

neongrey posted:

It's not a great episode but yeesh, they've done way worse.

Yea I think people confuse 'this is about when they stopped giving a poo poo and started just pulling ideas out of hats' with 'this was THE WORST EPISODE'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pope Guilty posted:

It's a handful of good jokes wrapped around incredibly generic, poorly-executed Australian jokes and you can chart a downward path from it through Homer vs NYC and Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo and down into Simpson Safari.

That is, literally, the entire joke. Like, they start it with the prime minister literally just some dude in a tube in a lake getting hollered at. It's entirely framed as 'we're just gonna make some easy Australian jokes tonight folks'. The problem with those other episodes is they try to do...other stuff...when really all they need is 'here's some dumb jokes'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also if that episode didn't make you start slipping in 'dollarydoos' to describe money you are dead inside.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

kefkafloyd posted:

I love how all these episodes are named like a bishojou anime.

I can't believe Homer's Great Spy Plan didn't get another season, they ended it just when the manga really got good.

Oh well, at least we have another season of A Musical with Lives on the Line to look forward to.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I kinda am deeply over Kevin Smith as just a thing but Clerks TAS is still solid as hell. Like already said 'let's make episode 2 a clip show' was a good rear end bit that literally no one at the time was even near.

Plus some bits are just deeply quotable and good even alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeyU7uVOTic

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Season 11 was when I felt the ratio of good episodes to bad finally switched up, 9 and 10 were kinda the start of the negative trends that'd eventually make poo poo suck overall but it took a couple seasons to get really bad

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SeANMcBAY posted:

IGN scumbags. Greg Miller.

I missed the Greg Miller thing, what happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
could we even tell the difference with how brutal Marge sounds and poo poo?