Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I loving love this podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Did they schedule the run of Talking Futurama so that the last episode came on June 1 in case people were planning on cancelling their subscriptions after it was over?? :tinfoil:

That would have been pretty devious.

I think devious is the wrong take. It's okay for podcasts to use business sense.

The real flaw in this podcast is that they didn't do Kentucky Nightmare as their Space Ghost episode. I wanted to listen to a massive derail over "up the chain!".

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Al Gore

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm a bit late on this one, but for the Steamed Hams scene I keep seeing people interperate it as Chalmers just humoring Skinner. I've never read it that way. I always thought the joke was that, throughout the scene, we're supposed to get the sense that the superintendant is does't buy a word of anything Skinner is saying, only to have that completely upended by the "May I see it?" line. Like, no Superintendant Chalmers is a big moron too.

Edit: also here is the best Steamed Hams riff.

https://youtu.be/aRsOBFhNjVM

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

WAC Spicy City

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Taking your door off during a hurricane would not help.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Wow that sucks.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I've always disliked Homer's Enemy (throwing off Virgil's metrics, I grew up with the show). I was curious to see if the good boys of Talking Simpsons could change my mind. They didn't, I still hate the episode.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I really identify with Wiggum's "Oh God!" in this episode.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm down for Talking of the Hill. I think their going to miss a ton of the best episodes if they just do season 1 though.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What's the worst episode of KotH and Futurama?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

Futurama's worst is the one where Leela and Zapp are adam and eve for some reason and just nothing funny or good happens. Or, hot take, Jurassic Bark is cheap emotional manipulation on the level of poo poo like A Dog's Purpose where it's just 'yea no poo poo if you show me a dog suffering I'll be sad because I'm not a sociopath', but at least that one had good jokes like the repeating gag of people trying to gently caress with hot lava ending with Farnsworth just shouting "PROFESSOR. LAVA. HOT!!!!"

Jurassic Bark is indeed a bad episode, and you've listed the only memorable joke. I'd pick the genderswap episode from the later seasons, but there's at least some good weirdness in there, and choosing a later season feels like cheating.

I hate the KotH episode where Bobby takes love advice from Bill and humiliates himself by dressing as Cupid.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Cockblocktopus posted:

I love Futurama and I've never really watched King of the Hill, but man there are a lot of bad Futurama episodes.

Yeah, and most have the same thing in common. They ratchet up a character trait (sometimes one that hasn't existed before) to an unfunny degree and then hang the plot off that.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I love the episode where Khan turns into a redneck.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

*pounds table* Season 1 of Spicy City!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Some Enchanted Evening is a good episode.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Principal and the Pauper is such an unremarkable episode that I was shocked when I learned people thought it controversial.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Bart Carny was the episode that I checked out of The Simpsons on.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I didn't much care for Batman Beyond. I didn't like Terry, and was disappointed when the creators backed off from their "we're not going to use the old rogue's gallery." It basically turned into a reverse Gotham.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I forgot about Homer punching Lisa on the toilet in this episode.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Pope Guilty posted:

The alt - right reading of the Lisa scene is correct, which is why that scene sucks.

It's maybe the worse Lisa scene in all of the first ten seasons.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

i kept thinking about this post and chuckling while they were talking about 'the dot' scene in this week's episode

Eh, I stand by it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I think the episode where Bart raises two lizards is the last episode of golden age quality.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

What episode is this?

Bart Star. They write a scene where Lisa turns into Haley from American Dad.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

hey let's nip the millionth 'when did the simpsons get bad' argument on the internet and instead get hype over talking of the hill starting on march 15th :toot:

Naw it's gonna happen.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

"Mr Prime Minister!"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAANDY!"

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

britishbornandbread posted:

I’m up to Summer of 4’2” and I don’t know who this artist person is that they have on as a guest but holy poo poo is she the most awkward annoying person I’ve ever heard in my life. The episode is two hours long because of her completely random, unrelated stories. Yikes.

Nina Matsumoto is good, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mighty Max owned.