Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Figured I might as well post this somewhere:

I checked out this podcast a year or so ago when Matt from Super Best FriendCast guested, had an enjoyable time but I didn't commit. Then you brought in Rebecca Sugar and I decided I needed another podcast in my life that I could just download random episodes of. Started downloading by guests for a little while, then I switched to downloading by Simpsons episodes I remembered. At some point I started wondering why this Chris guy was so often a guest, and why the ads were different, but I did a half-assed job paying attention, as per the american way. Eventually I realized it used to be a 3-man show, and then after a month I looked into it and I'm only slightly less confused, but whatever.

Anyway, a slightly more interesting story about listening to this podcast:

As a Mexican fan, I saw a lot of the early simpsons in spanish. So when I remember Brother From Another Planet, I remembered it with two unrelated voice actors. In my highschool years, some random cable channel I got ran Frasier reruns in English so I got to enjoy those a ton. Listening to your episode on Brother From Another Planet, my mind was blown that those characters were *just* Frasier and Niles, and even though I could remember the episode clear as day in my head, whenever the clips played, I could only imagine Frasier and Niles acting out those scenes rather than any animation. It was freaky and amazing to have such an old episode recontextualized so hard.

Keep up the good work, Bob!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Doppelganger posted:

Ok Henry, we get it, you hate your father. You don't need to bring it up every single time you discuss a character who's a bad dad.

Wait, do you still think this is a Simpsons Podcast? This is clearly Henry's husband contracting Dr Robert Mackey to do his controversial Simpsons-based immersion therapy to solve all those parental issues.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

zari-gani posted:

A Mysterious Cult Appears

My favorite Homer Rider '71 episode

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The_Rob posted:

I love that this looks like a simpsons shirt you get at target.

hey that's rude

to target, this is a shirt you find at a hot topic on the "3 for 10 dollars" bin