Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I'm not a Ren & Stimpy fan but the recent episode of What A Cartoon reminded me just how much of a masterpiece Stimpy's Invention is from top to bottom. i don't think Ren & Stimpy is bad, from an outside perspective it seems like some of the best cartoons ever, I just don't like all the gross-out stuff. But I'll put that aside at least for Stimpy's Invention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I'll probably stay engaged even long past the Golden Age cutoff. I was watching up to Season 13 or so and even though I didn't want consistently anymore I did check out an episode or two and heard word about what the occasional episode was about.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Latest episode of What a Cartoon on Dexter's Lab was super good. I was never the biggest fan of Dexter or anything Genndy was done but I appreciate it a lot and enjoy people talk about his work.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Guy Mann posted:

The new Talking Simpsons feed is from them making a clean break from the LT site after Chris Antista's implosion and subsequent radio silence.

I'm glad Bob and Henry are doing so well on their own but without them Laser Time probably isn't long for this world. The eps of Thirty Twenty Ten and Laser Time since Antista moved to Florida are loving dire since they're just him and a single guest and he's always been the worst part of the network by far. The last episode of 30/20/10 even a really ominous line about not wanting the show to die without playing the Magnum PI theme at least once.

I like Antista more than Dave, Henry, and Brett although I have been warming up to Gilbert slowly as I listen to more Gilbert content (mostly What A Cartoon! right now). Chris is a cool dude and charismatic but he desperately needs more than 1 guest on his casts. Losing Brett and Dave really hurt the shows. Maybe this'll pass, and Laser Time and 302010 will get good again but I've listened to every episode since it's debut and only lately have I been skipping and aborting episodes.