Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

However, I think you all need to rein Henry Gilbert in a little bit. He talks over people and has a tendency to turn almost any subject into a long, almost entirely unrelated story about his personal life or his childhood. I'm not sure if it's getting worse over time or I'm becoming slowly more and more annoyed by it. He's a nice guy and an integral part of the show, I just don't need to hear 5 minutes about how he went to the mall once 20 years ago because somebody mentioned pretzels.

I actually love this aspect of the show - your recent story about how Columbine for example, Bob (sorry you went through that, by the way). The Simpsons and Futurama aren't just funny, goofy shows to me but things that are actually deeply personal and meaningful to me so I love to hear about how you guys relate to them as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

The guests are fun but you should also know that you and Henry have a great rapport (didn't dumb it down for you) and the episodes without guests are still great

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

He hasn't been on the show for like a month

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Bob, whats the music in Talking Futurama when going to/from a break? It sounds incredibly familiar but I can't place it

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Borgnine

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Guy Mann posted:

I always thought that the "it helps with the urges" line in this ep was referring to the game itself rather the corn starch that they drew for it. Like that the joke was that they're able to instantly guess the other person's drawing because they play so much pictionary to avoid boning down.

between this and Henry thinking that Homer was saying "take it off" in reference to the dummy, I feel like I'm living in a cuckoo clock!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Oh boy, Liz's characterization of the "yes with an if / no with a but" line as "just Lovejoy saying something random". Yikes

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

What if they had Chris Antista on the show as a guest and just pretended it was his first appearance and made him explain who he is and his history with The Simpsons and such and such.

this would be good

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I voted for cowboy bebop, The Only Good Anime

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

WE WANT CHILLY WILLY!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Old Swerdlow posted:

I know the common reputation of season 9 is when The Simpson’s began it’s downfall but I figured that it was nerds being nerds. It’s a little surprising how deficient the writing has gotten to be only seven episodes in to the season.

join the one true faith of "gently caress anything after season 8"

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Pope Guilty posted:

No, it's The Joy of Sect.

And the rot starts in season six with the uneven quality of Homer Badman, Fear of Flying, Bart vs Australia, and Lisa's Wedding. None of them are entirely bad but they're all slips from the heights of seasons 3-5.

who hurt you

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

No it's great

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Pope Guilty posted:

"Kickin' It" is goddamned amazing

Checking In?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Ah nice

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

bobservo posted:

Glad everyone is enjoying the shows!

The review, "Podcast Enjoyed By ALL", speaks for itself

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

There is a reason anime north banned glomping. Yaoi paddles are also banned but that's a different story.

And they are way to mean to Nene on the Bubblegum Crisis episode.

what language is this

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

this is awful

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

will you be changing your username to bobserv-eh thank you I will take my answer off the air

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I hope to someday have the money to make them do Drawn Together. I love that stupid show so drat much.

Oh no

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

dovetaile posted:

Uh, Saddlesore Galactica is a perfectly cromulent episode. (I also enjoyed Kill The Alligator and Run.)

Go to a neurologist

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Yeah that's not how social anxiety works

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

wrecked up like a douche?!?!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

spaceblancmange posted:

It has been interesting working though from the beginning for the first time recently. From the pre escalator days and the odd mention of Trump to his election and the growing political focus it's not just been a journey through The Simpsons and decade of the 90's but the past 5 years too to some extent. The 6 months it took to listen through has felt longer than both.

Now we finally get to the fireworks factory
caramel factory
box factory
season 11.

sears catalog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

All I'm saying is I've been listening to them since 2015. I give them money. I've got a parasocial relationship with them that is reinforced by each episode of "talk to the audience". But they're not my friends. They're performers and I consume their content in exchange for a fee. I don't owe them anything. And I recognize that they are going to go through these horrible seasons as slow as they possibly can.

My cat's breath smells like cat food