Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Straight Outta CompUSA
Sep 29, 2004

THAT'S NOT A BALD SPOT!! that's just where my cat was eating my dandruff

bobservo posted:

We can circle back and do more at some point, but ultimately the purpose of these "mini-series" is to do the full run of a short show, or one season of a longer running show. We only have so much bandwidth between two people and if we committed to all of Futurama, we'd be signing ourselves up for a five-year plan. Doing this extra content as mini-series lets us take a break between these production-heavy shows, and is appealing for Patrons who are waiting for us to talk about King of the Hill, Clone High, etc.

I keep checking the patreon to see if you hit the goal to start another season analysis pod, I need more content!! Looking forward to each of the What A Cartoons getting a season-length pod down the line.

Also, while you're here---your pod seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train, why are you so popular?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Straight Outta CompUSA
Sep 29, 2004

Chapos good, this was a good episode, and on an unrelated note I'm real pumped about the new Patreon goals!

Straight Outta CompUSA
Sep 29, 2004

Nick Soapdish posted:

:same: I've been enjoying What a Cartoon! so far. Steven Universe and Kill la Kill was interesting to hear about since I never did watch them

Steven Universe is legitimately the best show on television you should definitely check it out! I've not seen Kill La Kill yet, but What a Cartoon is always so much fun it makes me want to rewatch or watch every single thing they talk about. I need so much more time, how do I get paid to watch cartoons.

Straight Outta CompUSA
Sep 29, 2004

bobservo posted:

There's a big chance we'll circle back to Futurama, but I know there are a few other Futurama podcasts out there. I haven't listened to them, though, so I dunno if they're any good.

Do you and Henry have a plan in mind for when you'll call it on Talking Simpsons? I feel like I've heard season 12 floated a few times as the jumping off point for a lot of people, are you thinking you're actually gonna go beyond that to the end?

Personally that's about where I called it quits, but I have kind of a morbid curiosity about what came after and almost wouldn't mind a format change at some point dropping the length back to like first season Talking Simpsons or even shorter to give out the broad beats of what happens or maybe just skip around and highlight the later episodes that are actually watchable. I know it's still a couple years off, just wondering as you edge ever closer to the declining years!

Straight Outta CompUSA
Sep 29, 2004

I think later seasons could work if episodes are much shorter or maybe like just one longer full season retrospective with an episode or two highlighting any especially good or bad episodes. I dunno though, at some point I might rather see them just spend more time on an actually good show.

Straight Outta CompUSA
Sep 29, 2004

bobservo posted:

Our plan is to keep going until we run out of episodes, so we've got at least ten years left.

😬

Hope you survive the experience! Yr braver souls than I for certain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Straight Outta CompUSA
Sep 29, 2004

Guy Mann posted:

I always thought that the "it helps with the urges" line in this ep was referring to the game itself rather the corn starch that they drew for it. Like that the joke was that they're able to instantly guess the other person's drawing because they play so much pictionary to avoid boning down.

The joke is that corn starch can be used to "starch" or "stiffen" clothing. Ned is saying that the corn starch will harden his pants so that they will "keep down the urges" or more plainly they'll prevent a boner-driven tent-pitching because they won't be flexible enough to move. Sheesh