Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I just want to own up: I used to think that saying Simpsons stopped being good with S10 was just arbitrary received wisdom, and stayed decent for a fair while into the -teens. But with D+ and looking at the start of season 11 it's hard not to see the distinct dropoff. I think E'i E'i (Annoyed Grunt) is the first decent one and that is one of those ones where they say "gently caress you" for remembering something from a previous episode. Compared to now when they bring up El Barto and crank calls to Moe as if those had shown up since 1993.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I took a vacation to Montreal and an abiding memory of the TV there besides the continuity bits for Just For Laughs, was a pretty blatant knock-off of American Dad/Family Guy on Teletoon in which a NY mob family relocates to Canada. I may be giving it too much credit comparing it to American Dad.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

"Fugget About It"? The show I had never heard of until yesterday when Hulu put it on my recommendation list and on sight I said "No, I don't think so"

Yes! I don't think it's ever been available in the UK and I don't expect that to change.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I'd like them to do something British without the acclaim and international recognition of Wallace and Gromit, like Bananaman or something from Cosgrove Hall. Keeps crossing my mind when the top tier opens up.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

That's cool that they did a specific Simpsons dub for Quebec. I wonder if that made it Canadian content, or Quebec Content.

I cannot wait for next weeks Talking Mission Hill, like Bob i spent a year unemployed, and the second Unemployment episode is something I really felt.

I think there was a video linked in the meme thread on the differences between the Québécois and French-for-France dubs, I believe the Québec one was localised like that, the other kept that stuff as it was.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

So I don't know if Bob and Henry wanna set up their own meme thread somewhere...

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I think the poll for WAC Movie has been very carefully calibrated to be an impossible decision - Ghost in the Shell, DragonBall Z: Broly, End of Evangelion and Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz,

Like, Ghost in the Shell probably stands best on it's own, but the DBZ films as an exercise are really interesting, along with the fact they then remade it to fold a version of the character into the DragonBall Super canon. And End of Eva is End of Eva.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

The Wind in the Willows should be interesting, I can barely remember it from childhood but it was a big deal to me. Also any discussion of Cosgrove Hall should be pretty cool, I think the guys may have mention Danger Mouse or Duckula in the past? Not necessarily in the best light? Central to my childhood but I've not revisited them for a long time.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Congratulations to Bob and (friend of the show) Nina!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Analytic Engine posted:

Griffin is talking up a storm and I love every minute. Pure Simpsons nerd energy, a perfect balance to the episodes where Bob and Henry carry the show

His observation about there being a distinct 21st century cultural landscape for 21 months up to 9/11 is something that immediately grabbed my interest and made me want to investigate.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I'll wait for it to show up in TK Maxx

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I guessed today's guest when Henry mentioned his broken leg, and delighted to be right! I had wondered if Danhausen would stay in character for the whole thing and i think a good balance was found. Great timing with his career news too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I'm saving up to make them do a (non racist) episode of Count Duckula. Bob's apparently extreme dislike of Cosgrove Hall only makes me want it more.