Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Weird question:

Does anyone know the episode of the best show in 2010 where Henry called in and got dunked on by Tom? It got referenced in a Talking Simpsons episode (hopefully recent but Ive been randomly jumping around the archive).

I found when Bob did since its on his youtube.

It feels weird to know that I heard both of them years before discovering any of their content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
I'm just going to assume this is because I decided to donate to the patreon today. Now I see how this works. :fivecbux:

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

bobservo posted:

Because there's only two of us, we really only have the bandwidth to do one 13-episode mini-series a year on top of two weekly podcasts and a lot of bonus stuff (and Retronauts for me). And even then, we're stretched incredibly thin. Futurama won't be included in the 2019 mini-series poll so other shows can have a chance, but it'll be in the running again after that--which may be this year if we hit 11k and unlock a second annual mini-series. (At which point we can afford to outsource some editing.)

I guess training a bird to edit a podcast would cost quite a bit of money

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

On Twitter Bob said it would be up late due to travel

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

I remember way too much about undergrads for a show I didn't like and only barely watched when Comedy Central picked it up for late night reruns along with such pinnacles of Comedy as "Gary and Mike"

Hi Guuuy

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

bobservo posted:

since I won't be living in a Bay Area shoebox, I'll have a lot more space to build a nice recording setup.

I'm not sure why this popped into my head immediately.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

He's going to Vancouver British Columbia, so it'd "Bob Doot Doola Doot Doo..."

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Every poll where Undergrads isn't an option proves that Bob is a coward.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

I thought about consolidating that into "The Spike TV Adult Swim knock-off block" but I think we're all ready to move past John K at this point

Which reminds me, did they allude to some misdeeds by the fairly odd parents Danny phantom guy in a recent episode? Or was it just they don't like the style of his shows?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

Butch Hartman is a tremendous homophobe and general shithead moron hellfucker

Glad that I have no idea what those shows are like then.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Stairmaster posted:

Weren't there allegations back then too

There were allegations for decades upon decades. In the 70s? a woman he seen with at the playboy mansion left in an ambulance in the middle of the night and many people there knew about it.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

Oh, I very much have faith in you guys! I'm sure the podcast episodes themselves will be fun, but I'll be very, very surprised if I suddenly rediscover/appreciate the really dire years and stuff like Homer vs. Dignity.

And yet you love Kirk vs Dignity

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Bad episodes are sometimes the best Pod. There are absolutely dire episodes of TNG in every season but Greatest Generation makes it work.

For better or worse, there will be many more references to things in pop culture that had 0 staying power and no one is nostalgic for. I'm looking forward to confused discussion of those things.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The Talking Simpsons network will now produce 30% less content and I'm not even mad! Bob and Henry work hard and put on a quality show.

I think the quality of the commentary has gone down a bit lately probably as a result of recording too frequently. So I look forward for the change to be positive.

Just too many instances of repeating the joke.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Thompsons posted:

I still love and listen to basically every episode but I will say, I wish Henry would get over the whole thing of not actually naming terrible people in these podcasts. In the Iron Giant one he didn't want to bring up Harry Knowles by name and it's like, you don't have to catalog and lay out what he did since it's not especially relevant to the episode but you also don't have to treat him like some Voldemort figure who gets stronger if you say his name out loud.

I haven't listened yet but man I think I managed to forget he existed somehow until now. Man.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I'm glad you guys covered Mushishi, I stumbled across it randomly years ago when I would torrent stuff and I really loved it. This was only the first 13 episodes too, I knew they had a second season out since I saw it while browsing Hulu so I'm glad to hear it's good and I'll get around to watching it soon.

I read the first volume of the manga that came from a humble bundle and really couldn't get into it. Is the show better? (again haven't listened yet, too much content Bob)

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

bobservo posted:

I edit podcasts so I sound 300% sharper and funnier than I actually am. If there's time I extend the same courtesy to our guests.

Comedy added electronically by channel 6

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Analytic Engine posted:

Don't worry, I promise to not find your house and put you in a Misery scenario

*Buy my Podcast Buy my Podcast Buy my Podcast *

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

https://twitter.com/bobservo/status/1214701794779000832

All of these are fantastic catches, but Dear God

Eh, Philippe! Thees Bart ees no so bad, oui?!

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

"Who pumped ethyl?!" :laugh:

Wait what are we doing again?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

brugroffil posted:

Listening to the interview with Jon Vitti and he's lightly praising Chicago School economics smh

They are Harvard guys, what do you expect? Good politics?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

What is it that's not grabbing you with Missiom Hill?

PenisPenisPenis

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I'd listen to a podcast that's Nina explaining Canadian TV and other pop culture to Bob and Henry.

How many hours of Canadian Heritage Minutes does Bob need to watch in order to legally immigrate?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

I'm wondering what Bob thinks about the impending end of this website.

That's what 3 people he's worked with that have been publicly outed as monsters this week alone?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

New conspiracy theory: Bob knew??

No Bob is too drat sweet.

If it turns out this implies that there is something dark lurking in the Steamie Awards, I'll be ever so mad

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

bobservo posted:

I don't agree that posting a nice message about my fiancee is "going nuts" but I do agree that I should be allowed to do Talking Duckman whenever I want.

We will know you are going nuts when you start claiming you are Bob McKenzie to get across the border. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

I hope Bob tells us to burn our pants. These things are driving me nuts.

(Not to put anyone on blast but does literally anyone have a different opinion on the situation? I thought it didn't need to be said that No one agrees with his wife-beating policy even if they agreed with his mangosteen killing policy.)