Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
They gave him little boot spurs. :allears:

Male platypi have venomous spines on their hind legs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
So how about that Team Sonic Racing one-off from a few weeks back, eh?

In other news

https://twitter.com/IDWPublishing/status/1075798271715610625

https://twitter.com/IDW_David_M/status/1075830416303484928

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Issue 12

Man Starline is a real brownnoser.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
I like how in the post-chapter notes his character designer very carefully maneuvers around a question about his design inspiration, directly next to reference picture of Definitely-Not-Finitevus.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shadowlyger posted:

I like how in the post-chapter notes his character designer very carefully maneuvers around a question about his design inspiration, directly next to reference picture of Definitely-Not-Finitevus.

Well he's much more subordinate and fanboyish then Finitievus.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

https://twitter.com/sonicstadium/status/1088855741753106432

Also Diana Skelly's here to stay, doing the art for issue 16

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Man Tangle and Whisper must have gotten really popular.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

MonsterEnvy posted:

I mean, as far as 'Sonic Friends' go, they're not bad characters. It isn't too surprising they're getting pushed, especially as a way to distinguish the new comics from the old ones.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

MonsterEnvy posted:

you mean a pair of furry ladies in sonic style has become popular on the internet

imagine my shock

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Oh my god holy poo poo Diana Skelly's back? Her art in the Fighters arc of Archie was so loving good.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Issue 13 came out way quicker then I thought.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

MonsterEnvy posted:

Issue 13 came out way quicker then I thought.

well it was only delayed 2 weeks, compared to issue 12 being delayed for pretty much a whole month

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

it was only delayed 2 weeks, compared to issue 12 being delayed for pretty much a whole month

Well because of the delay they came out close together. That's why I felt it was quick.

Anyway enjoyed the new issue, and I think I already see issues Starline is going to have with Eggman.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 7, 2019

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Yeah, it's cool to see the new villains get more characterization.

I wonder if Starline is playing Eggman for his own game or if he'll end up being the flunky who's more competent than his boss.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Agent Rush posted:

Yeah, it's cool to see the new villains get more characterization.

I wonder if Starline is playing Eggman for his own game or if he'll end up being the flunky who's more competent than his boss.

Knowing Ian, he always loves playing to the idea the other villains know more than Eggman, before showcasing why Eggman is the main bad guy.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Mikedawson posted:

Oh my god holy poo poo Diana Skelly's back? Her art in the Fighters arc of Archie was so loving good.

Yeah, and she's doing a story for the Annual as well (Jon Gray too)

Issue 15's gonna be the debut of the first interior artist who never worked for Archie: Jack Lawrence (Transformers: Lost Light)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Dr Starline is pretty fun in the new issue. Also unlike Eggman clearly of the just shoot him line of thought.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 28, 2019

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Yeah I've been really digging year 2 (the semi-official name for issues 13 onward) more than year 1 (issues 1-12) so far, and I liked year 1

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Yeah I've been really digging year 2 (the semi-official name for issues 13 onward) more than year 1 (issues 1-12) so far, and I liked year 1

Well Year 1 was just set up pretty much.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

I liked issue 15: Jack Lawrence makes a great first impression

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

I liked issue 15: Jack Lawrence makes a great first impression

Yeah, the story's escalating pretty well. I'm sure we all saw what was coming after seeing the testing for the Metal Virus, but what happened to Rough and Tumble still affected me more than I thought it would.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Agent Rush posted:

Yeah, the story's escalating pretty well. I'm sure we all saw what was coming after seeing the testing for the Metal Virus, but what happened to Rough and Tumble still affected me more than I thought it would.

They'll probably be back to normal after this arc

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

drrockso20 posted:

They'll probably be back to normal after this arc

Sure, I never thought we'd actually get to the empty metal landscape from Silver's future.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Hey, look who trending on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Nitomatta/status/1115388572037603330

:yikes:

He can still hurt you.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Woah Kenny

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
god dammit penders can you not jk rowlings your poo poo you loving creep

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

This is the IDW Sonic thread, not one for The Lara-su Chronicles or the Archie comic.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
That you for reminding me that I need to put another bottle of whiskey in my desk drawer.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
WAs Geoffrey a Penders creation? That would explain a lot I didn’t want to know.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I believe so, he appears in some pages of the vomit that Penders is making with the characters he managed to 'get back' from Archie. I would hope the only characters he got the rights to are the ones he made.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Guys. Come on, take it to the Sonic general in the game’s forum. This isn’t about the Archie comic or Penders.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
The new issue and the Tangle/Whisper book drop tomorrow, right? Anyone else planning to pick them up?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I am now that you posted about it. Didn't know that it was coming out that soon.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Veotax posted:

I am now that you posted about it. Didn't know that it was coming out that soon.

the annual had gotten outright delayed; it was originally supposed to come out at the end of march
Issue 0 of the Tangle/Whisper book (which is just the first few pages of the upcoming issue 1 coming out this summer followed by a recap of year one) actually came out last week

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Nodosaur posted:

This is the IDW Sonic thread, not one for The Lara-su Chronicles or the Archie comic.

Nodosaur posted:

Guys. Come on, take it to the Sonic general in the game’s forum. This isn’t about the Archie comic or Penders.

gently caress off Ken lmao

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
should i just make a Penders mock thread so this dingbat doesn't keep crying about how ~this is the IDW thread~ and saying people should go to Games to talk about old comics

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Annual Good, nice to see Diana Skelly return.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It was cool finally seeing the Babylon Rogues, and that they have more scruples than they did in Archie.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

should i just make a Penders mock thread so this dingbat doesn't keep crying about how ~this is the IDW thread~ and saying people should go to Games to talk about old comics

Do it, I love making GBS threads on Ken "I created Evil Sonic" Penders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Please do as this is what I came here looking for in the aftermath of the Sonic trailer