Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

If I remember correctly these mandates are something we've never had full confirmation that they actually exist as a hard set of rules, well besides the ones involving probable rights issues like characters from any of the shows besides the first two that Archie is derived from, like we've had Ian talk about when SEGA told him he couldn't do something or had to make a change and those line up with most of those mandates

Though if they do in fact exist than it's prime evidence that SEGA are a bunch of overly controlling morons(not to mention it's ridiculously inconsistent that they're so controlling with the comics when they are so loose with literally every other Sonic adaptation that exists), like no wonder the IDW comics have been so stagnant, at least the Archie universe still had a bunch of characters not tied down by those restrictions that Ian could actually make a story with(when you reread them you quickly come to realize that while Sonic and the other SEGA characters would seemingly get the most focus, all of the actually interesting stuff involved the non games characters, with a slight exception regarding Eggman), while with IDW he's still mostly stuck with the game characters who he can't really do anything with, like it probably won't be able to be actually good long term for at least another two to four years until the IDW universe has built up a large enough roster of OC's who are as restricted in nature

I mean to give them the benefit of the doubt the last time they stopped paying attention to the Sonic comic you got Penders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

Well that's more a matter of him being poo poo than anything actually requiring that ridiculous amount of restrictions

Oh absolutely, I'm just saying that after all that trouble I can't be surprised they want to strangle any potential second Penders in the crib.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

From what I've seen it's more that a lot of people are starting to feel that Sonic's IDW characterization makes him come off as either an idiot or a callous rear end in a top hat

But Sonic is both of those things! He's the literal embodiment of 90's Tude.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Eggman is canonically an Olympuc level athlete