Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zibraltar
Jul 15, 2007

by VideoGames
Enjoying a lot of things about the franchise lately.

Surge and Kit's arc was pretty underwhelming, the last issue felt like a retread of the hardware store fight, which was a better scenario. The Eggperial City stories are building well, even though the concept of the city is just Midgar, without the new age stuff. But it's not like Sonic comics haven't borrowed from other sources before.

Also, managed to score NM Sonic in your face special (2nd printing) and Knuckles #1 (main series). NM Knuckles #2 on the way with Ken "Papa Bear" Penders' signature. Very fun franchise to collect for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zibraltar
Jul 15, 2007

by VideoGames

Saoshyant posted:

I imagine most people checking this thread saw the April Fools game, but in case you didn't, you are missing out, so I'm here to tell you that a fun thing happened a few days ago: a small studio released a Sonic Visual Novel that was published on Steam as an April Fools prank. It's about a murder.

Features great art, good writing (I thought at first it was someone from the IDW comics), and there's a decent enough platformer thrown in too (though the later stages rely a bit too much in route memorization). It's free, try it.

I played it for about 90min. It's cute, though my character being called "they" constantly felt awkward. I am a BOY, dude!

Zibraltar
Jul 15, 2007

by VideoGames
IDW has been ailing for some time, hard to say what the problem is but I'm guessing their scale was off. Gonna send some support to Shawn Lee. I'd encourage yall to do the same, its a wild freelance world out there.