Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I’ve never touched the Sonic comics but read through most of this over the last couple of days. Most of it’s pretty insubstantial and the Zombot stuff gets exhausting even on an archival read (especially when the Deadly Six get involved, they’re so lame) but everything about Surge and Kit is a great example of “hosed up, in a family-friendly way”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the further starline got into his solo career the clearer it became that he learned all he knew about villainy from the sonic equivalent of the Evil Overlord List. what an utter schmuck

it gives surge and kit's whole situation even more punch, because they wouldn't be nearly as unhinged/threatening if it hadn't been for starline's "full speed ahead" attitude in creating them

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
56 spoilers: as much as I liked surge/kit in concept I feel like the writers put themselves in a box with how to resolve them

when you’ve got a hero who compulsively spares every bad guy and a bad guy who becomes psychotically violent at the hero’s face, voice, and especially mercy then you’re just going to keep going in circles

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
everything sucks