Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I feel compelled to post this here. I haven't read IDW Sonic, I'm sure it's fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4lKmXz0j7Q

So this youtuber Lowart made a THREE HOUR long video essay about reading Archie Sonic, and it was interesting just to relive some of it and see the series I remembered through fresh eyes.

Of course, he only really covers it around up to Robotnik's return in 1998, which I think I only managed to regularly follow the comic some time around then, so for most of the earlier stuff I only had scattered issues, so a lot of the stories and conclusions he's drawing from the early comic I'm more discovering for the first time. I feel like there's an extra mystique you often get when you only read parts of a story instead of the whole, both from imagining more of the world that might be out there and also from the fact that some writers aren't very good and are better in moderation.

I only had one issue of the "endgame" arc, and I had no idea how weak the overall story was, but I did think it was cool that Sonic had the whole trick with throwing some dirt into the air and running on it to get away from the cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU