Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I've been meaning to check these out, cool to see people digging it. I love that Mega Man comic from Archie, so that crossover with Sonic and the Archie Sonic reboot thingy are gonna be the first ones I try I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Comics are about the journey, but I guess licensed comics are even more so. On it getting an ending, I actually got really into IDW's GI Joe continuity. Mike Costa on Cobra was writing some instant classic stuff especially. That universe did not get an ending, and I'd figure Sonic wouldn't get an ending either. Just not ending on a terrible cliffhanger (or a few years of sharkjumping poor quality comics) is a win I'd say.

That said, really, endings do seem a bit superfluous when it comes to decades long stories. Could always imagine your own ending, it's probably better than what they'd come up with anyway, I dunno.

On IDW, I read the comicsbeat interview with the head honcho, who is the son of the main investor etc. They spend half the interview talking about how they did well on crypto and making money etc, didn't read any comics and are doing this because their dad asked them to etc. I know it's very corporate obviously, but you like to imagine somebody cares that they're making art/entertainment there. Anyways, they'll be publishing comics I guess out of intertia or something, so hopefully we keep getting some good ones.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I don't think IDW Sonic is wrapping up right now or anything. I just wanted to wax philosophical. I also haven't read any IDW Sonic, but I am enjoying Ian Flynn's Mega Man. Gonna hop on the Sonic stuff from their Archie crossover.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Right on, I was gonna read Ian Flynn's stuff in order from around Archie 252, even though it's two different continuities. But I could always mix and match, have the first IDW Sonic trade on the pile too.