Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

chitoryu12 posted:

At the publisher's request, this title is sold without DRM (DRM Rights Management).

Off to a good start there.

This is the second weirdest Office Space fanfic I've seen. :munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

He's gonna stop cold to mention every firearm through this, isn't he?

The 'it was a Glock' line just came off as clunky. At least he didn't specify it was a 'Glock 22C in .40S&W, with a SilencerCo Osprey suppressor' or some poo poo. I've read too many fics where the author seems to think if you don't say exactly what a character has, in that much detail, you'll confuse them. What's wrong with 'service pistol with a big-rear end can screwed on'.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

chitoryu12 posted:

Better than how Die Hard 2 did it.

Or Captain America: Civil War and the :airquote: 'AR-15s' :airquote: (the rifles were SiGs, FALs and Galils, none have any relation to Stoners rifles, and yes it still annoys me)

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

So is the Gut Crawl better or worse than the Hawg Innards Problem?

The Cow Spoke French posted:

The company scuttlebutt was right on target. In addition to the usual maneuvers, a night assault on a heavily defended dam redoubt was mounted. The attacking troopers advanced by crawling under low strung wires, while live machine gun bullets cracked and whizzed just inches over their heads. This was frightening enough, but matters were made worse by what they found themselves crawling through. The exercise became infamous later, known simply as the 'Hawg Innards Problem.' A local slaughterhouse had provided the army with fresh guts and entrails from animals they had butchered. These were spread liberally on the ground so that each man had to slither through them, becoming smeared with the slimy, bloody goo. It was a revolting and truly terrifying experience which none would ever forget.

Band of Brothers shows a tame version- in the day, with no MG fire.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Re: the smoke grenade-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh677-ClXCY

It can be done to have a smoke look like a baseball grenade. But why would MHI do that?

And if the smoke was a white phosphor grenade, which is standard, how did that not set of the fumes or whatever everyone was paranoid about.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I've often learned that "customized" is the key word in the arsenal of those who subscribe to the Tom Clancy school of "gently caress it, magic"

The Ghost Recon: Future Soldier gunlab is still a work of art for doing that

I'm more annoyed he said it had a custom select fire, when its still default Kalashnikov/Izhmash. All AK derivitives go safe/full/semi. :black101:

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Y'all best not be talking poo poo about Burt Gummer :colbert:

EDIT- And yes, that is a .458 WinMag bolt action he's got there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Huh, weird. Theres another book I'm a fan of thats airport trash, involving a South American tribe and a prophecy that oh hey, it also applies to the protagonist. Except Temple starts with just a birthmark and zero other correlation, and has an actual twist.

Remembering his middle name is Zastava just makes me regret that Koko isnt the main character instead

• Locked thread