Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pustulio
Mar 21, 2012
Correia is a bad person and the stuff he writes is filled with his lovely politics, but I have fun with the books for the most part, there's a lot to make fun of for sure but I just can't have too bad a time reading about the different ways to shotgun the undead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pustulio
Mar 21, 2012

Sperglord Actual posted:

It's also the name of a famous arms plant in Serbia, which I suspect is how Correia first heard it.

Pretty sure they actually explain the source of his name in the next couple chapters, something about his badass dads history or something I think?

Pustulio
Mar 21, 2012

Zanzibar Ham posted:

No see, the government has all these rules and regulations that end up helping the monsters more than innocent people!

How many books will it take to find out the government is directly helping the monsters or are literal monsters or what-have-you?

Man, wait until you find out about Agent Franks

Pustulio
Mar 21, 2012
Yeah unlike with say, John Ringo, who can't go a page without some Libertarian screed, rape, or both, this actually has parts that are fun and aren't just soapboxing, it isn't exactly award winning literature despite what he thinks, but there is a place in the world for a crappy popcorn book.

• Locked thread