Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Vampires pushing for universal healthcare to drain blood from our poor womenfolk.

edit: This might sound offensive, but it feels like the most American book I've ever seen. He just ticks off all the redneck stereotypes.
Well, except Confederacy apologism and televangelism, but that's bound to come up later.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Proteus Jones posted:

I’d say that’s probably the entire point, given that the White Court are almost entirely supernatural rapists.

The problematic part is Butcher put one of them on Team Scooby presenting him as a noble man for struggling with his desire to rape.
The problem is it's the single worst idea in a series full of bad ideas.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Is it, though? Fifty shades is more cringeworthy than anything, Twilight at least pretends to have a story..

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
What I'm kinda worried about with Fifty Shades is running out of material - I mean, okay, the prose is horrible, the story is cringeworthy - which you can tell by reading the first ten pages; what then?
With this and RPO we had the story constantly sinking into new depths of stupidity, while I haven't read Fifty Shades, I imagine the novelty would wear off pretty fast.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

All the oomph has completely left this book now that its become a generic good vs evil thing.
What oomph?

• Locked thread