Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I think this is the first one of your threads where I've actually read all the book parts. Hahah.

Shame the dude is a weirdo. You write schlock! Own it. There's nothing wrong with enjoying and creating daft fast-food literature! (Some might argue that point)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Is "puff" an outdated 80s homophobic slur in America like it is here in the UK?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Grenrow posted:

So if we tally up all the bullshit things he's amazing at, Pitt is: 1) one the best 3-gun competitors in the world, 2) an amazing martial artist who kills people in underground pit fights and was so good at it that he paid for college with it, 3) has a physique rivaling world-class bodybuilders and powerlifters, 4) is a hardcore survivalist when he's not at his day job as a CPA. Did I miss anything?

Hahahah. I remember the salad days of page 1 and I was thinking to myself, "Wow. For once Chitoryu is reading something that isn't the usual insane self-insert lunacy." And now here we are.

Grenrow posted:

Imagine how much cooler this book would be if it was just about Big Show wrasslin' monsters instead of Correia's self insert telling us how great he is.

No word of a lie I started work on a story just like this on Friday.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

chitoryu12 posted:

It leapt at me, launching itself like a demon frog missile.

Magical.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Choco1980 posted:

Considering Pitt is a Mary Sue self-insert, I'm wondering if Julie is based on an irl woman...

The only thing that would be better is if it WAS and when the woman irl finally had enough of Larry and told him to gently caress off, he turns Julie into an evil vampire who Pitt then takes pleasure in killing.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Anyone else reading Skippy as Billy Witchdoctor from Aqua teen Hunger Force?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
So why hasn't this dude sued Max Landis over "Bright" yet? Skippy is clearly an Orc with his tribalism and love of Heavy Metal. Ok, the Elves in Bright were in the upper echelons of the social standing, but that film even had the "Pixie in the bug zapper" gag.

edit: I know this isn't unique to MHW or Bright or whatever... it was more the Pixie in the bug zapper that stood out there and I just wanted to make a daft wee comparison.

I swear there was a film that covered Vampires pooping and they did it like birds. Just a huge slurry of dead blood cells fired out their assholes.

Drunken Baker fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Apr 17, 2018

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

chitoryu12 posted:

I've never seen What We Do in the Shadows, but it feels like it must be this.

In WWDIS one Vamp spews up a the amount of blood that shoots out of Johnny Depp's bed in Elm Street because he eats real food. I swear it was like that, but out of a fella arse.

I'll admit that maybe I'm just imagining it because I want it to be real so bad.

Professor Bling posted:

There's a later book where the orcs throw a live chicken into the Hind's tailrotor as a sacrifice for the "tailrotor spirits" to "fix" the helicopter mid-chase, and in another instance one of the MHI guys admits he sneaks out to *actually* fix the Hind because the orcs "think welding is black magic"

Hahahahahaha. Goodness me. for one small moment (before the revelation that someone else fixes the chopper) I though that'd be a cool kinda blend of Warhammer Ork logic where if they BELIEVE in something hard enough magic makes it real.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I was talking about vampires making GBS threads with my mates last night and we agreed that I must have been thinking about "Interview With the Vampire" where, in the book, when Louis is turned he violently shits out all his internal organs.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Renegret posted:

I mean, it won't be good, but the potential is there.

I think that's the tagline for the entire book.

edit: Just so this isn't a sole, catty snip played for yucks, I've taken on board a lot of criticism from this thread regarding writing style. I know for a fact some of my older works have fallen into the "describing a movie" trap and I was blissfully unaware of that fact until now. So, cheers!

Drunken Baker fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 16, 2018

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
They should try and open up the relationship. It's the only way to be sure.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Hey, Chitoryu12, welcome back. When are we wrapping this beautiful mess up?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Yoda! Noooooooo!

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Up Circle posted:

that epilogue is like the worst, laziest, terrible writing and thats saying alot

RIGHT? I really like the idea behind it too. I could see that scenario playing out in a David Wong book and getting a good laugh out of it. But here?

Renegret posted:

UGHHHHHHHHH

You said it, friend.

Thanks for the thread, Chitoryu. Boy did it ever spiral out of control... which I think is one of the book's biggest sins. Just how many characters did this story need? Just how LONG did the story need to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

As far as the rest of the books...

I believe I've hit that middle aged part of my life where the "nesting" instinct kicks in and I have two walls in my living room, lined with shelves that need filling and you've convinced me to give the other books a shot.

• Locked thread