Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

chitoryu12 posted:

So I have one big problem here. I flipped through the rest of the chapter, and it seems like he's in a regular hospital and not some secret Monster Hunter International base deep underneath a mountain or anything. These guys were getting ready to pop a patient in a public hospital with a silver bullet to the forehead. Suppressors may quiet a gunshot, but they don't exactly make it silent (and as a gun sperg, Correia should be well aware of that). I hope they had a plan to bag his body and find a way to smuggle it out while still in their suits, unless they want to end up on the evening news.

"He woke up and started going crazy! He grabbed for my partner's gun, and I had to shoot him."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Renegret posted:

Have you ever seen a vampire poop?

I know I haven't.

The Jane Yellowrock books are about a vampire hunter who ends up working for vampires, and it's got some funny interactions around this. It's a running gag for her to ask the most important vamp about this to piss him off, and for him to refuse to answer.

chitoryu12 posted:

The Dresden Files handles it in an interesting way with the White Court vampires. They're psychic vampires that feed on a particular emotion like lust, fear, or rage and can psychically inspire this emotion in people to feed on them. It's hereditary rather than being an infection spread by other vampires and is caused by a demon latched to their soul that needs to be fed, which is why they start going more crazy the longer they go without feeding. They don't actually have any inherent desire to harm people and their court society puts pride in elaborate plots rather than direct action, so they generally aren't harmful and nobody bothers hunting them down until they actually start killing.

It's also beneficial for them to stick to feeding in small doses to avoid killing people or drawing attention, so one vampire that feeds on fear does it by becoming a horror movie writer and director.

Yeah, it's an interesting concept, but it gets real rape-y in execution for the Lust ones, who are 99% of the ones you meet.

• Locked thread