Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Welcome to King's Raid, sure it's fanservice but at least it's high quality fanservice? Seriously, the game looks and plays great. Otherwise it's a pretty standard mobile RPG, you get 4 dudes to fight monsters in real time while managing stats through armor and skills. It's got autoplay and to be honest, a lot of your time is going to be spent grinding on autoplay but really difficult content and various characters need a manual touch. Oh yeah, there's a lot of grinding which should come as no surprise in a gacha game. You have various armors that drops from difficult raids that need multiple copies to upgrade plus equipment to grind for another resource to upgrade armor, there's fragments to upgrade characters' star level plus the usual gold and experience.

On the bright side, the gacha is not at all necessary. All it gives you are equipment with the rare weapons that are unique to a character and those, along with the characters themselves, can be gotten in other ways. Characters can be unlocked through the inn which takes several weeks while arena points can be used to buy weapon tickets that let you choose which weapon you want. Vespa gives out character or weapon tickets every now and then as well so you can build your team. Be warned though, each character is a big investment. It takes a long time to level each one up and max out their star and transcendence level so you want to focus on a main team of 4 before anything else. Some characters aren't great but at least Vespa does balance passes every now and then.

We have a guild called Goonsquad, ask in the thread if there's room. Guilds are super helpful since you get xp and gold bonuses just for being in one and you get good stuff from the guild raid store.

I'm actually not playing it much anymore since Tap Wizard has its claws in me so feel free to suggest any other useful info for the OP.

Some resources:
King's Raid Wiki
Reddit Beginner's Guide
Reddit Discord
Goon Discord

Tagichatn fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
This game is good and I enjoy playing it.

We get three new characters tomorrow and I am hoping they are great.

Later in the month we might be getting the new guild battle mode too.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Mr Hootington posted:

Later in the month we might be getting the new guild battle mode too.

What's this about?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

DemonMage posted:

What's this about?

Their was a video released from some conference that Vespa was at in Korea(???) that showed the three new characters, a world boss, and guild expedition.

https://youtu.be/OZ2IZE8Q3xQ

Seawaffle
Jun 21, 2007
making a career of misquoting
I was planning on grinding for Veronica when she's released. What's the most painless way to obtain these NPC chars? I heard they changed the grind in some way, but I was too far away from that point on the game back then.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I just started playing yesterday and enjoy this anime titty collection game, I spent some google survey bucks to get the new player thing and got a 5 star character which is actually unnecessary, but this Artemia lady is pretty cool and strong. Also with my free two star I got that elf princess from Chapter 2 and she's also real good. Anyway this game looks good and runs well and I really can't see myself putting more money into this game cause there's like, not much reason to except for cute costumes?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Seawaffle posted:

I was planning on grinding for Veronica when she's released. What's the most painless way to obtain these NPC chars? I heard they changed the grind in some way, but I was too far away from that point on the game back then.

Level 75 dragon with 2 other people.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I have a question about progression. I’m not quite sure what I need to be doing next to improve my team.

My current team:
L66 - T1 Kaulah
L66 - 5* Annette
L74 - T2 Theo (1* UW)
L72 - T1 Sonia (0* UW)

I’m probably gonna replace Annette with Epis in the next couple of days, since I’m currently at 932 kinship with her in the inn right now. They’re (almost) all equipped with red T6 Hysteria gear, a lot of which I’ve already enhanced to +15. My team seems kind of too fragile or weak to handle chapter 7 or any of the hell mode I’ve tried (I’ve only tried Chapter 1 hell). I also tried to do the T3 battle for Theo, but he completely melts both Sonia and Theo in under two seconds. What should I be doing to be able to pass these things?

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 5, 2018

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ihatepants posted:

I have a question about progression. I’m not quite sure what I need to be doing next to improve my team.

My current team:
L66 - T1 Kaulah
L66 - 5* Annette
L74 - T2 Theo (1* UW)
L72 - T1 Sonia (0* UW)

I’m probably gonna replace Annette with Epis in the next couple of days, since I’m currently at 932 kinship with her in the inn right now. They’re (almost) all equipped with red T6 Hysteria gear, a lot of which I’ve already enhanced to +15. My team seems kind of too fragile or weak to handle chapter 7 or any of the hell mode I’ve tried (I’ve only tried Chapter 1 hell). I also tried to do the T3 battle for Theo, but he completely melts both Sonia and Theo in under two seconds. What should I be doing to be able to pass these things?

Dragon gear us needed for chapter 7.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

You'll need to be higher level for ch7, the enemies are in the 70s and you get huge penalties for being lower level. As for Theo, you'll need to constantly keep him stunned since he does such crazy damage. Clause is good for that and Theo himself. I forget what level that darkness Theo is but your damage dealers should be at his level or one below to do decent damage.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Seawaffle posted:

Veronica's passive is really disappointing right now. 10% on guild shop? Maybe they'll rework the shop with the new guild content. As for your question:

Painless as in quick: Buy the friendship boxes, empty your wallet.
Painless as in low effort: Autogrind dragons and purchase the boxes from the smithy. iirc you can buy three cheap boxes per week and one expensive box. It's timegated, purchase amount resets every... monday? But it's the only way to get them for free nowadays.

Also: Very hype for the new heroes! Patch notes should go up in the next few hours.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Veronica is nice and all but when are we getting the dude from the Forge? :v:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I've just started this yesterday, are there any pointers to picking your first heroes? I picked Selene from the one ticket I got (which made chapter 2's story a bit weird). The tier list makes it seem like she's a decent choice but I feel like she wasn't an optimal pick. Hell, I don't even know how much that ever matters in this.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I use Selene as my primary damage dealer, she's awesome. She does need support in the form of armor shred and amp, but that's all main damage dealers.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Go RV! posted:

I've just started this yesterday, are there any pointers to picking your first heroes? I picked Selene from the one ticket I got (which made chapter 2's story a bit weird). The tier list makes it seem like she's a decent choice but I feel like she wasn't an optimal pick. Hell, I don't even know how much that ever matters in this.

In the end it's not really a big deal, but I felt pretty stupid for focusing on a physical team before a magical one, area 6 is full of enemies that are at least temporarily immune to physical attacks. Jane and Epis are good early pickups, they give you a full magic team since you already start with Cleo and Frey.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Go RV! posted:

I feel like she wasn't an optimal pick.
You made a good choice. Selene is a strong all-rounder. Optimal picks only exist for specific kinds of content, all of them more on the endgame side of things and a long ways for you. Sooner or later you're also going to need a magic DPS though, there are a few straight up magic/physical immune showstoppers in the campaign. Cleo, the starting wizard would probably be fine, but there are a few picks like Epis, Luna, Artemia (or many many other ones) that would be good, versatile alternatives.

^^^
e;kinda fb

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
I really wish I could just filter gear for stats I want rather than having to check each one individually, that's really my main barrier to progress at this point, waaay too time intensive.

Oh yeah and to add, make sure you're always keeping up on the inn, I'd probably have two or three more characters than I do now had I realized how that worked when I started.

Vonnie fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Apr 5, 2018

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Go RV! posted:

I don't think there's an optimal pick when starting out but there are optimal teams. You basically need a tank, a healer, a dps and a CC support and while the Tier list is a good guide, it's not always the best choice.

Like if you choose Selene then you should look for other heroes that do or buff physical attacks and also provide CC.

You also want to pick a variety of classes who don't share the same upgrade materials or gear so you can max out your first four dudes quicker.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Sucks they keep extending maintenance but seems like we're up to a total of 1200 rubies in compensation if I'm reading their posts right. Extending the original downtime was 600, and then a second set of maintenance pushed it to 300 more and then to 600 more when that too got extended.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Kegslayer posted:

Like if you choose Selene then you should look for other heroes that do or buff physical attacks and also provide CC.

You also want to pick a variety of classes who don't share the same upgrade materials or gear so you can max out your first four dudes quicker.

Luckily there's lots of ways you can go with Selene. Clause is a fantastic tank and probably a close second to Phillop in ability to augment Selene's damage, and you get him for free from Ch1 Normal. There's lots of options for a sub-DPS/CCer that plays well with Selene - Miruru with her UW, Priscilla, Naila with her UW, etc.

Also don't feel like you need to look for Priests other than Frey - I've gotten through everything but Ch7 Hell with her as my main healer. I'm only just now starting to branch out and that's mostly so I can solo BD70 without changing the core of my roster (Phillop/Miruru/Selene).

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Edit: drat double post.

The three new characters look fun. The tank and mechanic on a glance look incredible for gameplay.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Apr 5, 2018

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

DemonMage posted:

Sucks they keep extending maintenance but seems like we're up to a total of 1200 rubies in compensation if I'm reading their posts right. Extending the original downtime was 600, and then a second set of maintenance pushed it to 300 more and then to 600 more when that too got extended.

I love it. Ill get two more special item x10 pulls before having to go back to ruby hording mode.

Yeah for characters Clause and Frey from the start are good. Replacing cleo, kasel, and roi with a PDmg dps, MDMG dps, and/or a support dps is a good idea. Roi is really, really good late game. Kasel is a very good off-tank too late game.

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

ihatepants posted:

My current team:
L66 - T1 Kaulah
L66 - 5* Annette
L74 - T2 Theo (1* UW)
L72 - T1 Sonia (0* UW)

Your team is pretty solid. Could maybe use more AoE damage, but you've got good amounts of CC, lots of AMP, great team Healing, and you're all one type of damage. Epis doesn't really fill any holes in your team.

Keep leveling them, get blk dragon raid gear, and you should be able to clear ch.7

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Yeah, I didn't really start making inroads into Ch7 until I was at least level 68-69 on everyone and even then it was touch and go for the longest time.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Theo was the first UW I pulled out (through the free special summon, nonetheless), he's incredibly strong. He just shits out damage, even in auto mode. As soon as I could, I gave him the free Black Dragon T6 set (just create 4 items with atk/atk speed/crit/crit dmg, switch crit dmg for lifesteal on one of those) I threw every single XP pot onto him, he carried me through Ch7.

He's still wearing that T6 set, replacing it will be hard.
Currently going:
80 Jane T2 + UW
80 Theo T4 + UW
80 Artemia T2 + UW
79 Kaulah T1
Next, I'll get Theo to T5.

I pulled Annette and Lorraine too, so I'm leveling them - I think I can use them to fill out a M.DPS WB team. Thinking about getting Morrah and replacing Jane with Sonia or Viska (I found her UW) later on, and I have the cutest raccoon RED PANDA waiting at the inn.

Well it's gonna take months, isn't it

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
I'll probably be running Black dragon raids tonight and I'll send out guild invites. Doesn't matter who you bring, just fill a character spot. Probably start around 1800 central time. Get some free T7 blk dragon gear

I need gear for Shea.

Rubicon fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 5, 2018

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
My current party is Clause, Serene, Nyx and Frey. I have the 5 star hero award coming in a few days. Based on your guys comments I assume should go for a magic dps. I just finished chapter 5. Before the comment about chapter 6 I was hoping to get Miruru since I am DPS heavy, but I guess not? Was also considering Phillop.

Or would Lorraine be enough to get me through 6? I will be getting her from the inn.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

The magic-immune stuff in Ch6 is a temporary thing, and it's completely feasible to beat 6-21 with a combo of CC and burst damage (s'how I beat it with Phillop/Miruru/Selene/Frey). Obviously magical-oriented teams will not need to.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Yeah, you CAN beat Area 6 with a physical team, its just a slog.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
What activities can I do to raise my guild points? Running the raid and doing next to no damage doesn't get much.

Also what activities are best for leveling characters? I literally just found Conquests which net quite a bit but even with boosters my characters are still going to take some time to get to 60.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
For leveling characters what I've heard is to keep one level 1 long range character for holding XP flasks, since they get proportionately more XP, then do conquests with them.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

cage-free egghead posted:

What activities can I do to raise my guild points? Running the raid and doing next to no damage doesn't get much.

Also what activities are best for leveling characters? I literally just found Conquests which net quite a bit but even with boosters my characters are still going to take some time to get to 60.

Conquest is the best way. Regular story missions give ok xp on harder difficulties but those cost stamina. You should also have a bunch of xp potions if you want to give your damage dealers a boost. Once you unlock hell mode, lower chapter conquests give good xp again.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

cage-free egghead posted:

You can only get 1k guild coins per day based off Activity Score. Activity score is 1:1 (I think) based off your stamina spent. You can also get some Coins from the guild boss (250/attempt) as well as the guild defeating a boss. Activity Score is what we use to level up the guild and buy buffs, so the more stamina people can dump farming or doing dragons, the more buffs we'll get.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I have a 2,3, and 5 star selector and I don't know what to do. :ohdear: and my beginner UW selector...

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Who do you have already?

One's I know/hear are good:

Tanks: Phillop (Phys amp), Jane (Magic amp), Morrah (DOT stacking DPS)
MDPS: Epis, Artemia, Theo, Annette
PDPS: Nyx, Selene, Mitra
CC/Support: Gau (great for boss CC), Priscilla (amp/CC/DPS), Maria (heavy CC)
Healer: Mediana (only physical based healer), Laias, Kahulua

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

You should probably pick the prettiest princess and go from there.

On that note, I built Aselica after pulling her UW and UT. First impressions are sadly underwhelming. On paper she looks like a jack of all trades but all her abilities are conditional, temporary or straight up to weak. Also, for a tank she feels rather squishy - although to be fair, I did slot three ATK runes. All in all, not recommended for four man teams.
Did not use her on raid content yet though. One of her perks gives the atk and CD buff to two DPS instead of one. I'll try to build a world boss team around her for today and tomorrow's tries, maybe that's where she can shine.

Now to decide whether to build Ezekiel or Crow next, pulled loaads of UWs for these two.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

You should probably pick the prettiest princess and go from there.

This is the truth. As long as you pick complementary abilities, your team should scale pretty well.

Sad to hear about Aselica. Hopefully the others are better!

I've been messing with Reina, she's such a monster at single target damage and I don't even have her built ideally/fully yet. Thought I could skip Crit on her, but turns out her transcend perk changes it into Crit/Boss damage, so Crit is super important on her too. So back to looking for Atk/Crit/CritD/Atk Speed items.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I've got 2 teams on the go just now, one for the Arena and one for the Story

my Arena team is currently

Clause (53, 4 star)
Selene (53, 4 Star, with UW)
Maria (53, 4 Star)
Baudouin (57, 5 Star, with UW)

It seems pretty good just now, the invulnerability from Baudouin has got me up to Platinum so far but no further.

For the story I've been mixing it up with May in place for Selene. Clause seems good but I think I need a better Tank and I'm having no luck with Roi at all, Selene, Maria or May always just seem better choices.

Akiosan
May 21, 2005

We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country.

Rubicon posted:

I'll probably be running Black dragon raids tonight and I'll send out guild invites. Doesn't matter who you bring, just fill a character spot. Probably start around 1800 central time. Get some free T7 blk dragon gear

I need gear for Shea.

Thanks for doing this. Got some good stuff to roll into as my team is about to hit lvl 71.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Aww, turns out there’s a 24 hour waiting period after leaving guilds before joining new ones. Hopefully goonsquad doesn’t fill up before then. :smith:

Anyways, I just got to ch 3 and have a vague idea of what I’m doing. I got Gau’s 0* UW so I got him with my free 2* ticket, but I’m hoping I didn’t act too hastily there. I’ve got my 3* ticket that I’ve been thinking of getting Maria with (since I also have her 0* UW) but I’m being more careful with that one. I’ve also been working on Aisha at the Inn, but I’m nowhere close to unlocking her yet. Any suggestions for what characters to start going for or where to aim?

Are getting specific UWs difficult later on? I’ve been hesitant to unlock a character unless I have their UW, but I’m wondering if that’ll just railroad me into whatever strategy I luck into.