Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Finally pushed past ToC 61! :woop: Now ToC 65 is kicking my rear end.

E: Disregard, got it! :hellyeah:

Dumb question: what's it take for us to do guild raid twice a week? People always talk about wanting a guild that can do GRH twice a week; is that a hard mode only feature?

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
drat, congrats! I can't get past 62.

And there was talk of lowering the requirements but currently it's at 1.5 million activity points (aka guild wide stamina spent) to open a raid again. So with us buying buffs still it's basically not going to happen. Once we have all buffs it might be viable but hopefully they'll lower it before then.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

:catstare: That would explain why we don't, holy poo poo.

antisocial86
Dec 8, 2003
yes sirs
Just applied to the guild as BLAGHABLAH. My magic team is so fun. Theo and his bitches, Jane Epis and Frey. I want to replace Frey with another healer but I dunno which one is best for that setup.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Who even needs DPS for Dragons when you have a good healer?!

antisocial86 posted:

Just applied to the guild as BLAGHABLAH. My magic team is so fun. Theo and his bitches, Jane Epis and Frey. I want to replace Frey with another healer but I dunno which one is best for that setup.

Mediana and Kaulah both have good buffs along with healing, so they're worth looking into. Frey is top tier already though. At least for PvE.
Frey takes off a lot when you get her transcended. Tier 2 passive healing, Tier 3 Shield gives Attack, Tier 5 healed people get Attack.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 7, 2018

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Vonnie posted:

For leveling characters what I've heard is to keep one level 1 long range character for holding XP flasks, since they get proportionately more XP, then do conquests with them.

I've been doing this and it seems to work pretty well. I put a big flask on a level 1 back-line character and fill out the team with my highest level characters (high 60s). Doing chapter 5 conquest this way, with all my XP boosts I got over 420k XP (lol) into flasks each time. The problem is keeping the level 1 character alive: some of the bosses have attacks that will hit back-line characters and my flask holder got one-shot a few times.

e: lol the chapter 6 conquest boss is a scorpion with a laser gun for a stinger, don't do that one with a level 1 character

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 7, 2018

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Can i get accepted to the goonsquad? I'm in the game as Gamblorr

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I also applied to goonsquad! I'm Codfish.

Also reposting in case it got buried at the end of the last page:

CodfishCartographer posted:

Anyways, I just got to ch 4 and have a vague idea of what I’m doing. I got Gau’s 0* UW so I got him with my free 2* ticket, but I’m hoping I didn’t act too hastily there. I’ve got my 3* ticket that I’ve been thinking of getting Maria with (since I also have her 0* UW) but I’m being more careful with that one. I’ve also been working on Aisha at the Inn, but I’m nowhere close to unlocking her yet. Any suggestions for what characters to start going for or where to aim?

Are getting specific UWs difficult later on? I’ve been hesitant to unlock a character unless I have their UW, but I’m wondering if that’ll just railroad me into whatever strategy I luck into.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Specific UWs are fairly uncommon - you get them from crafting fragments. You'll get one random UW a month, and you can buy them with 30k arena points (so ~2 months if you hover in upper plat/low diamond).

Gau's a really good sub-DPS/CC machine, especially on dragon farming. The problem if you got Maria too is that you'd have two sub-DPS, and a damage type split too (Gau's physical, Maria's magical). That said if you do get her, she's an unholy loving terror in PVP.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I've just 5 starred my Maria and shes pretty good in pvp, especially with Baudarin dude

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
post all the waifus you lazy rear end OP

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Huh, thanks for the info! I'll maybe look into physical DPS then, to gel with Gau. Should I use clause along with them, or is that too much tank?

Also, what's the best way to get heroes? It looks like it costs absurd amounts of money to buy the gems to get one. Just use the inn? Do you get free hero tickets at any reasonable pace?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I would but I'm too lazy.

Also, what's the best way to get heroes? It looks like it costs absurd amounts of money to buy the gems to get one. Just use the inn? Do you get free hero tickets at any reasonable pace?

Just use the inn. Characters require so much investment that getting a bunch at a time doesn't do you any good.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Is this actually good? I started to play it but the priestess girl you start with had horrifyingly large floaty tits so I stopped playing it

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Huh, thanks for the info! I'll maybe look into physical DPS then, to gel with Gau. Should I use clause along with them, or is that too much tank?

Clause is like... one of The Tanks. He brings huge party defense and crowd control. Phillop's like the only other tank that vaguely competes when it comes to physical parties, but even then you can go super far with Clause and Frey and two DPS of your choice.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Flavahbeast posted:

Is this actually good? I started to play it but the priestess girl you start with had horrifyingly large floaty tits so I stopped playing it

It's pretty good for what it is, which is a grindy gacha game. It's got tons of fan service but at least the devs promised to add more male characters to balance out the tits.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Flavahbeast posted:

Yes below the anime surface is one of the best F2P games available.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Kyrosiris posted:

Clause is like... one of The Tanks. He brings huge party defense and crowd control. Phillop's like the only other tank that vaguely competes when it comes to physical parties, but even then you can go super far with Clause and Frey and two DPS of your choice.

I meant more like, is clause + Gau too much tankiness for one team? I know clause is full on tank, but I was under the impression that Gau is a decent tank (off tank?) too.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Gau is an off tank or sub DPS. I build him full berserker and just rely on him leeching so fast unless he gets one shot. His main thing is massive CC bar reduction on skill 3.

And he's great with Clause.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 8, 2018

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

DemonMage posted:

Gau is an off tank or sub DPS. I build him full berserker and just rely on him leeching so fast unless he gets one shot. His main thing is massive CC bar reduction on skill 3.

So is my plan of Gau + clause + physical DPS + whatever healer a solid one to get started on, then?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yup. Mediana is a great healer to throw in there eventually.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

DemonMage posted:

Yup. Mediana is a great healer to throw in there eventually.

Sweet, thanks for the help! Any specific type of physical DPS I should aim for? Archer, mechanic, assassin, etc? I feel like archer would make sense to hang back and pew pew, but I don't really know poo poo.

E: apparently some wizards deal physical damage?? Whoa

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Sweet, thanks for the help! Any specific type of physical DPS I should aim for? Archer, mechanic, assassin, etc? I feel like archer would make sense to hang back and pew pew, but I don't really know poo poo.

E: apparently some wizards deal physical damage?? Whoa

Maybe look at Nyx? He brings CC, dispel, loads of AoE for clearing story content, likes to cleave the whole enemy team down in Arena and would also bring the wizard 15% ATK T2 for the team.
As long as you're good on skill books the class of character doesn't matter much. When starting out you probably don't want two warriors at once.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

I've played a lot of gatcha games and this is probably my favourite by far.

Energy is abundant so you can play whenever you want, there's a lot of strategy and tactics in team building and in finding the right combos of attacks to maximize buffs etc.

The gems/crystals don't really buy you a big advantage unless you're prepared to dump thousands of dollars into the game and Vespa itself seems pretty generous at throwing free poo poo your way and at trying to balance the game. They're basically how Netmarble use to be.

The only things I don't like about it are some of the loading screens being too anime and the time it takes to max out a character. For a gatcha game, they should have made it clearer to new players the importance of investing in a core group of characters before branching out.

Like you can spend $50 or say 1-2 months playing to get the 6,000 gems to get a top rated toon but to max out their gear and especially their weapon takes months or thousands of dollars or a lot of luck.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
The one thing I don't understand about this game is why the wiki is so bad and outdated compared to other gacha game wikis. Too anime for normie spergs? Not anime enough for weeb spergs?

I made it to chapter 6. Now I see why the guides say Conquest or Upper Dungeon resets are the best use of rubies. I am 1-3 levels short of equipping T6 gear and cannot progress further against high 60s enemies in normal mode.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Maybe look at Nyx? He brings CC, dispel, loads of AoE for clearing story content, likes to cleave the whole enemy team down in Arena and would also bring the wizard 15% ATK T2 for the team.
As long as you're good on skill books the class of character doesn't matter much. When starting out you probably don't want two warriors at once.

Oh, maybe! I didn't know how good aoe focused stuff was for endgame content, since isn't it mostly big raid bosses?

I decided to just use Roi for my DPS for now, since he's free and according to online research he seems pretty good?

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Oh, maybe! I didn't know how good aoe focused stuff was for endgame content, since isn't it mostly big raid bosses?

I decided to just use Roi for my DPS for now, since he's free and according to online research he seems pretty good?

Weeeeell, if you're looking for endgame chars already I would've suggested a few others, too. But Nyx is also very good for a few GRs and for clearing black dragons - and you're going to run a bunch of them. A whole bunch.

Roi is very strong yes, but one of the most gear and support reliant heroes in the game. He needs as close to 100% crit as possible, enough accuracy to actually hit with his three and as many UW stars as possible to outshine others. You should keep him if he works for you right now because as always: every single hero works up to and most of the time even into specific parts of the highest content.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Weeeeell, if you're looking for endgame chars already I would've suggested a few others, too. But Nyx is also very good for a few GRs and for clearing black dragons - and you're going to run a bunch of them. A whole bunch.

Roi is very strong yes, but one of the most gear and support reliant heroes in the game. He needs as close to 100% crit as possible, enough accuracy to actually hit with his three and as many UW stars as possible to outshine others. You should keep him if he works for you right now because as always: every single hero works up to and most of the time even into specific parts of the highest content.

Thanks for the info! Since I've got this 3* ticket burning a hole in my pocket and Nyx seems cool, I'll pick him up and save Roi for later on once I have decent gear and know what I'm doing more. Unless you have some other suggestions for what to do with the ticket? Since characters are so hard to get and take such dedication, I'm hesitant to commit to anyone out of fear of loving up and wasting tons of time, haha

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Joined Goonsquad as Mancalledm.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Joined goonsquad as BellSA.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I've seen enough Nyxes putting out big numbers both in Black dragon raids and the Arena that I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Tossed an application for the guild as Avynte. Looks like I'll be collecting waifus for the next couple months, game is pretty rad so far!

Dagg3r
Mar 16, 2012

But time flows like a river... and history repeats...
Fun Shoe
Applied to goonsquad as Dagg3r

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

applied to the guild (Im flavahbeast)

edit: actually it's full nm

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

grrarg posted:

The one thing I don't understand about this game is why the wiki is so bad and outdated compared to other gacha game wikis. Too anime for normie spergs? Not anime enough for weeb spergs?

too korean and 3d for weebs was my guess

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Flavahbeast posted:

applied to the guild (Im flavahbeast)

edit: actually it's full nm

Freed up 1 spot for now.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

So how big of a jump is Hard guild raid vs Normal? We finish Normal like halfway through the week it seems, but I'm not sure if we'd stall out doing Hard.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

DemonMage posted:

So how big of a jump is Hard guild raid vs Normal? We finish Normal like halfway through the week it seems, but I'm not sure if we'd stall out doing Hard.

Reddit says the bosses have about 4x the HP (59 billion HP for the first one) and all of them have a new gimmick associated. Apparently not recommended to make the jump until most of the guild is putting in at least a billion per entry and can survive until enrage.

E: For example, apparently Nordik will regularly silence anyone who's Magical-based (which includes every healer but Mediana), Maviel has 250 stacks of his dodge buff and his stacking debuff also reduces healing (including Lifesteal), etc.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Apr 9, 2018

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

DemonMage posted:

We can not do hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
Nyx requires a lot of investment. UW (best at 3*+) and T5. The only place I still use Nyx is in Arena.

Selene might be a better investment for newer players.