Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I think it was the ToC 66 boss that kept killing her over and over. The CC plus massive damage usually killed her if I tried to auto it. Had to set Clause to use his 1 mana interrupt out of the gate to allow Frey to get her shield off and laudia to start hitting and from there it was aces.

SweetJahasus posted:

Aselica is the meta magic tank right now so if you have her, I'd build her, but she's pretty UW star reliant to really be powerful. She's great though and her S2 is a nice buff for your big bruiser.

Annette can solo heal a lot of content that isn't tough, but for anything of consequence you're going to want to grab someone else with some healing output. Shea is good (UW 3+ mandatory), Frey with her recent buffs is good, May works kinda but she's more of a weird CC/buff animal for ranking stuff. For Annette, having aspd is nice, yes, but you also want some good atk since her buffs spread to your team based off of her atk (make sure she doesn't steal buffs from actual DPS though).

How high of a UW are we talking for Aselica? I basically burned all my UW tickets getting Laudia to 3*. I saw Shea is good but disregarded her due to high UW requirement. I also have Laias in the pipe at T1 but she has no UW yet either. I intend to get May but that's going to be a while.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ldragon
Feb 18, 2011
The meta magic tanks are neraxis if you want magic clause, aselica who is amp, and Jane if you want magic shred.

Lorraine’s ut3 is amazing and is pretty much the only one used. I have heard her ut1 is great if you awaken it to 4-5* but I haven’t actually seen it used.

Lavril is apparently a really good priest she’s got some massive looking amp.

ldragon fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Apr 5, 2019

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I mean, the more stars on Aselica the better. Her UW is a flat m.dmg amp on proc that tiers up as it stars up.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

ldragon posted:

The meta magic tanks are neraxis if you want magic clause, aselica who is amp, and Jane if you want magic shred.

Lorraine’s ut3 is amazing and is pretty much the only one used. I have heard her ut1 is great if you awaken it to 4-5* but I haven’t actually seen it used.

Lavril is apparently a really good priest she’s got some massive looking amp.

Lavril is absolutely necessary to be meta these days, but a word of warning she's a poo poo healer. She's ONLY there for her CDMG amp, build her with as much cdmg as you can

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Man, it's always funny when my supportDPS (Naila and/or Miruru) do more damage than my DPS due to mass enemies feeding them 0 sec C/Ds. I need someone like those two for my magic team. Annette is aight but she doesn't do nearly the same CC or DPS. Maybe I'll look into Lorraine after I get Laudia, Laias and Aselica to T5. Also need to get Oddy for the Laudia S3 cheese. Can't wait to get Laias set up so I can take some mana gear off Laudia.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Now that I'm finally doing Chapter 9 story content btw can I say that I'm unironically mad that they're putting default 3* costumes on all the characters in cutscenes now v:mad:v

I wouldn't have spent rubies on costumes for Cleo, Kasel, and Roi if they didn't wear them in the cutscenes! Literally unplayable

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Man, I gotta say, seeing boss healthbars melting as Laudia spins to win is great.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Working on my Magic team, currently have laudia, annette, Frey(since she works for both P and M teams), Clause (with generic non-pdmg talents). Working on Laias (T3 now), Lorraine next (5 stars). I'm trying to decide between Morrah and Neraxis. I have a 3* ticket that only has some early characters but Morrah is one and she amps decently at 0* UW, but Neraxis I already have his UW and another 3* ticket where he's the "latest" character available. I've got 1 UW ticket and 2 UT tickets so can only do basic gearing. Also, I have Jane form the tavern but not sure I'm going to build her. She was just the best choice in the tavern for 3 days running and now I may as well finish her.

I guess after that is sorted, I'll have 2 viable M healers, 2 viable supports, 2 viable tanks and I'll have to pick another dps. Maybe Shamilla (0*UW and UT2 and UT4), Mirianne(2*UW and UT2) or Artemia (0*UW). I don't know if Shamilla is good, but I've gotten a bunch of her stuff. I'd imagine from an investment:power perspective, Mirianne would be the best given her UW stars.. Also I have that ticket where you can pick between her, lewisia and requina(whose UW I also have).

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
They've got some weird x10 summon where you pick 6 heroes and I guess it can only drop UWs and UTs for them? Not sure if CUWs are still possible.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

RosaParksOfDip posted:

They've got some weird x10 summon where you pick 6 heroes and I guess it can only drop UWs and UTs for them? Not sure if CUWs are still possible.

There's almost zero chance this is worth a poo poo. No increased rates and no incentive to spend rubies.

Just continue to log in, do your 5 easy quests, and wait until they start giving some real events. Game is getting so drat stagnant, and they need to do more events that aren't half awakening cost or 1 extra piece of (poo poo) gear from dragons.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

SweetJahasus posted:

There's almost zero chance this is worth a poo poo. No increased rates and no incentive to spend rubies.

Just continue to log in, do your 5 easy quests, and wait until they start giving some real events. Game is getting so drat stagnant, and they need to do more events that aren't half awakening cost or 1 extra piece of (poo poo) gear from dragons.

I burned out awhile ago because there's too many random things to do. I do want to play again but I spent way too much time setting up for all the random dailies and just letting it run. I also wish the game had more tools to encourage playing around with different builds/etc.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
They've definitely clued in on the fact that people are getting bored by stuff. The whole fairy system they're working on and reducing repetitions from x5 to x3. I honestly don't know why they don't have a system to auto receive rewards if you 3 star something. The game takes so much time just running on auto. Upper dungeons can just be a fixed reward. Ditto ToC and conquest(either xp to the heroes used or just reward the xp equivalency in potions).

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I don´t really care about the time it takes since I usually just let my phone do it while I work but reducing the time to do dailies can´t come soon enough.

Why not just make each stage a one-off with 5x the rewards, if you can beat it once you can beat it 5 times.
Same for ToC, make it so you get a checkpoint every 5 floors you have made and once you have beaten it all you just cash in on the rewards.

I am curious for the guild PvP, if they will manage to make the balancing good enough so it is not just :whale: everywhere.

And the fact that they at least say that it will mean something to have more characters makes me a bit hopefull as well.

farming dragons for all available stamina for the 1/300 chance to get something worth saving just sucks balls, that is something they really could improve on. "get five items with ATK in slot 1 and feed it to anothe item to make slot 1 ATK or something would be better.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Quick question, am I reading it right in that Esker basically makes it so you don't need any crit at all? Increases crit by 7%, stacks up to 10 times? That's 70% crit. With the 200 crit rune and 15% from a priest, that's literally all you need. With May for Aspd, you can basically just build all your lines as attack or critD, or if you've got someone with high attack amp through skills or UWs, just all critD all the time?

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~
Applied as Oglogod.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Quick question, am I reading it right in that Esker basically makes it so you don't need any crit at all? Increases crit by 7%, stacks up to 10 times? That's 70% crit. With the 200 crit rune and 15% from a priest, that's literally all you need. With May for Aspd, you can basically just build all your lines as attack or critD, or if you've got someone with high attack amp through skills or UWs, just all critD all the time?

I did a spredsheet with my WB1 and WB3 teams just to check and yeah you can basically focus on ATK and critD with maybe a rune or an enchant to get the last few points of crit rating depending on team comp and set bonus.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

anyone still playing KR? I started but drat the grind is relentless for everything.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I recently started playing again and made a second account. It's not too bad if you know a bit about the game and know how/what you want to focus, but yeah it's a full grind game. Literally the trifecta of grind. Korean, F2P, mobile game.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

RosaParksOfDip posted:

I recently started playing again and made a second account. It's not too bad if you know a bit about the game and know how/what you want to focus, but yeah it's a full grind game. Literally the trifecta of grind. Korean, F2P, mobile game.

Odd question: What do ppl do w/alt accounts? TBH I've always been super tired of the grind on my main and I just started 1 week ago.

e: looking for friends: lexane thanks

Alder fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jun 15, 2019

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I wanted to test a character that needs heavy UW investment so was planning on pumping allr esources into them and see if they were worth it. Also i think some people use alts for the enforced team fight stuff. Where you need 3 players etc etc.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I started mine ages ago, well before solo drakes were a thing.

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I must say that they are doing what they can to reduce the grind.

3 stages instead of 5, single plyer dragons and a lot of QoL changes since I started and now offline progress is coming.

Not saying it is not a grindfest, but I just do the dailies and events until I get inspired and spend some :effort: on my my magic or physical team for a while until I get bored again.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Thread's dead, but I just wanna say that
(a) the new cosmetic control-center thing is cool, and
(b) I can't believe I slept on Mirianne this long, she's already outperforming all other DPS on guild raids by far and she doesn't even have any stars on her UW yet :eyepop: I stacked Crit and buffed Assassination with transcendence perks and UT, and as soon as she starts getting that skill off, she just skyrockets to the top of my DPS list and stays there for good.

I was kinda getting tired of this game for a while, but I have new projects now in Mirianne and in that I've finally decided to set up a dedicated PVP team (Demia/Maria/Lorraine/Cassandra for now until I can get Rephy to show up at the Inn) and as long as I have a longterm project I'm into it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My one complaint about the new accessories is that to give every single character Sunglasses 1 (clearly the optimal strat) I'm gonna have to pay 300 rubies for each of them instead of just once for everybody

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Hey guys, I'm new here.

A lot of the internet says that my first focus for characters should be making a Dragons team(s) because that's where I'm going to be spending the most time since it has the biggest impact on progression.

Unfortunately, a lot of the team suggestions are from before the solo raids were in effect, so it's all just 4 character teams instead of the 8 we can do now.

My question is, what would be the optimal 8 heroes to focus on to have a good pool to choose from for mid-ish game farming content? I keep seeing Phillop and Clause repeated everywhere, but everything else is inconsistent.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Depends on if you're physical or magic (dependant on your primary damage dealers really). Clause is a must for dragon farming. His s2 is just insanely OP for it. Annette (with us and ut3) is very good basically everywhere. Other than that I'd say just stack up people of your chosen damage type, funnel your resources into one waifu do you want to main and try to amp their dmg as much as you can.

My usual farming team for instance is Clause, Annette, Shea (whale unit), Mirianne (5* uw), Bernheim (4* uw, great aoe clearing), Theo (4*), Viska (amp) and Frey (really don't need her but have her kitted so her S2 is a huge atk buff).

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Well poo poo. I finally beat ToC68 Manticore. Rolled Mediana, Naila, Chase, Phillop. Dunked it on auto.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I've basically had to quit this game cause it runs like boiled assholes on Nox now. Not sure if it's just Nox but I had purged all other ways of playing it so... :rip:

I guess I'll check back every week or so to see if it even starts without crashing.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I dont even know whats up with this game anymore since they introduced the new soul weapons.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I'm still pluggin along on the slowly dying Euro server q.q

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Just started playing this a couple of days ago.

Picked the euro server since im from here, didn't realise it was a permanent choice. The game presented it as being more of which login server you use but still having a global playerbase

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Just came back to check out Pansirone and at least do yourself a favor of watching her character unlock scene because its hilarious. She's such an expressive lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Pansirone owns incredibly and I'm glad the cowards at Vespa finally let the people have her