Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Is there a way to get it to stop telling you to swap out your dudes UW when you pick up something which has a notionally higher attack value?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Level up your UW! :haw:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Level up your UW! :haw:

Generally I fill my inventory then throw everything I have into furnace to enhance some of my gear. The gold gear, like Opportune Fire etc takes masses of stuff to get any sort of levels into at all. My UW are level +30-+40 kinda range just now but a still random T5 weapons have got better attack stats on them. I've no idea if what i#m doing with gear is right or not.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I don't actually know of a situation where a character's UW isn't the correct option, so feel free to feed whatever to it.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I only just discovered you can unlock the 2 equipment slots on your dudes by paying gold. I think I looked at the gem one and saw it was level based and just assumed they all where and would be unlocked eventually.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Who should I get with the 5* ticket? My team is UW Jane, UW Lorraine, and Frey with Roi as a placeholder. I was planning to get Epis then pulled Mirianne's UW weapon with a quest reward ticket. Artemia is in the inn and will be joining soon thanks to the double friendship event.

Get Epis then get her UW from the noob ticket in a week? Get Mirianne and save the UW ticket for later? Get Annette or some other utility player?

UndusMundae
Nov 27, 2007
Just jumping into the waifu/husbando hunting game, may I get an invite on Beldiun into the guild?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Went with the bog standard noob magic team: Jane, Frey, Epis,Maria. I plan on using my UW selector for Epis. Looking for generally advice on building past that. Currently have UWs for Baudoin, Mirianne, and Priscilla.

vulturesrow fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 10, 2018

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

Applied to the guild as Fartromancer

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I just unlocked Miruru and was looking up the wiki to see if she was any good or not and saw they had a triva section

quote:

She is actual much older than she looks, however, a curse made her shrink and appear as a child.

Anime was a mistake.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Aramoro posted:

I just unlocked Miruru and was looking up the wiki to see if she was any good or not and saw they had a triva section

Yeah, it comes up in chapter 6 when you actually meet her. She'd been searching for treasure and found the Fountain of Youth, but instead of granting her eternal life, it... made her back to being a youth. Common subversive trope otherwise but yeah, anime, etc.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Aramoro posted:

Anime was a mistake.

Isn't one of the maids actually a child or something?

Seawaffle
Jun 21, 2007
making a career of misquoting
I think Mirianne is mentally a child due to some sort of trauma or something. You know, for all the guys that want to drool over a developmentally challenged murder maid waifu.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Sure, we've seen a 1000-year old that looks 12 before, but when will we get a 12 year old that looks 1000?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Seawaffle posted:

I think Mirianne is mentally a child due to some sort of trauma or something. You know, for all the guys that want to drool over a developmentally challenged murder maid waifu.

The curse or whatever that made her into a child also makes her act like a child too, but I think she can fight it or something?

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Applied to goonsquad as Hurion because someone stole my usually name :I

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Well, I was going to use my 5* hero ticket on Mediana to round out my physical damage team, only to find I can't get her with it. :shepface: Uhh, guess I should save it for when I feel like getting a magic damage team together??

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
What's up didn't read the date restriction on the 5* ticket buddy? It is a shame I could not pick Mirianne since I pulled her UW. Got Epis instead.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
How do people get 5* UWs? Is it worth saving up for that 100% completion or should I be feeding them as fast but as I can?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
1-3: Use 0*s
4: 1 1* and then 0*s
5: 2 2*, 1 1*, then 0*s

Getting 3* isn't bad, but going beyond that starts to get really expensive in terms of UWs and you'll fail a frustrating amount. But there's nothing else to do with dupes anyways really.

4/4 and kind of 3/4 t7 dragon gear is worth 5*ing too. And enchant scrolling.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Due to the game having a 'failure bonus' there's a statistically optimal way to awaken your gear/UWs.

Let's say you have a 1* ring and want to upgrade it. You can try it with a 0* ring for a 50% chance or a 1* ring for a 100* chance of upgrading the item.
If you try it with the 0* and fail, you get a +16% failure bonus. So the next time you try with another 0* you have a chance of 66% of upgrading.
If you try it with the 1* you will certainly succeed but skipped the 50% chance of it happening with half the investment.

There's a reddit post breaking all of this down, but the tl;dr of it is:

From 0* to 3*: Spam 0* until success
From 3* to 4*: Use a single 1* for the failure bonus, afterwards spam 0* until success
From 4* to 5*: Use two 2* items, then one 1* item, afterwards spam 0* until success

Now obviously it can also take a lot more resources to upgrade your stuff but on average this is the most efficient way.

It's a gamble for rare UWs but everyone should use this method on armor as soon as dragon gear starts trickling in to get a feel for it.

^^^^
aww fuk

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Wow, you're not wrong about that working more often than not. Just took my Selene's armor, secondary armor, and earrings to 4*/4*/3* respectively. :iia:

E: Which was enough to let me finish the last stages of Ch7 Hell and get those three free SoIs! :woop:

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 12, 2018

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Goonsquad EU has almost downed the Guild Raid on easy :clint:
Especially proud of our boy pandy which isn't a goon and is always super hyped.

That being said:
I'm fleshing out my team. I've got a bunch of stones to transcend someone, my boys are T5 Theo, T2 Jane/Artemia, T1 Lorraine/Annette/Kaulah/Morrah.
I actually wanted to replace Jane with Sonia, but I randomly received her UW so I'll have to think things through. My current 7-people team got me to the top 30% WB2 ranking, I'll be getting Oddy in the next couple of days, but I don't think he synergizes that much with the rest of the team.

Char fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Apr 12, 2018

Andy Pandy
Dec 11, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Char posted:

Goonsquad EU has almost downed the Guild Raid on easy :clint:
Especially proud of our boy pandy which isn't a goon and is always super hyped.

That being said:
I'm fleshing out my team. I've got a bunch of stones to transcend someone, my boys are T5 Theo, T2 Jane/Artemia, T1 Lorraine/Annette/Kaulah/Morrah.
I actually wanted to replace Jane with Sonia, but I randomly received her UW so I'll have to think things through. My current 7-people team got me to the top 30% WB2 ranking, I'll be getting Oddy in the next couple of days, but I don't think he synergizes that much with the rest of the team.

I didn't post anything in the thread but i am definitely a goon ;)

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Andy Pandy posted:

I didn't post anything in the thread but i am definitely a goon ;)

:downs:

I think we miss 1B damage or something like that to complete the raid, but we're getting REEAL close.
Also, I'm still pumping up +XP%, dunno if that's ok with you - I wanted to get to 21% asap.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Char posted:

:downs:

I think we miss 1B damage or something like that to complete the raid, but we're getting REEAL close.
Also, I'm still pumping up +XP%, dunno if that's ok with you - I wanted to get to 21% asap.

I getting a lot closer to being able to do actual damage to the guild boss. Just tough to survive the one hit kills.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Aramoro posted:

I getting a lot closer to being able to do actual damage to the guild boss. Just tough to survive the one hit kills.

Once you start being able to damage them, you'll notice a very hilarious escalation from "oh, I did 200k damage today!" to "huh, that's 8 figures of damage" to "TWO BILLION DAMAGE PER TICKET :hellyeah:".

I can't wait to see what my T5 Selene does to the GR bosses next week.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Aramoro posted:

WE'RE GETTING THERE
Should you ever need to farm some BD60, just invite, I tend to keep KR open on Bluestacks so I'm pretty much always online.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
What痴 the general consensus best way to spend gems? I知 sitting on like 8k and not sure what to do with them. I assume once I finish going through the story and stop getting all these first clear bonuses, the gem flow will dry up quick.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

CodfishCartographer posted:

What痴 the general consensus best way to spend gems? I知 sitting on like 8k and not sure what to do with them. I assume once I finish going through the story and stop getting all these first clear bonuses, the gem flow will dry up quick.

Refreshing upper dungeons/conquest.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Kegslayer posted:

Refreshing upper dungeons/conquest.

Ah, that makes sense. I just 5-starred my first hero and the transcendence costs do seem to require frankly huge amounts of growth materials. I値l save up my gems for when I unlock the last upper dungeons, since I assume they値l give the most of them and thus I値l want to use my gems on those. Same thing with conquests.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Actually use your gems on sale costumes so you can have the funniest/coolest/sexiest team.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Actually use your gems on sale costumes so you can have the funniest/coolest/sexiest team.

Yeah, I have 3/4 of my team in school outfits and that's only because I hate Miruru's.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

You could also save gems for a special event that gives bonuses for doing the 5k pulls.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I think I'm going to use my gems to buy Heroes. I know it's advised against but I have enough play time a day to do the dungeons once anyway so refreshing them doesn't have much appeal to me.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Char posted:

My current 7-people team got me to the top 30% WB2 ranking, I'll be getting Oddy in the next couple of days, but I don't think he synergizes that much with the rest of the team.
This post made me remember that I have Oddy, so I T2'd him for the additional ATK, threw out T5 Aselica (with the double DPS buff perk even) and my WB1 damage went from 45-50 to 60-65.
Now it could very well be that Ase simply sucks but in my opinion Oddy fits into nearly every 8 man team. He brings good buffs, lots of CC and does a suprisingly high amount of damage. I think his place on the ~official tier list~ is simply due to his toolkit being very hard to evaluate. There's also exhibit A where Oddy is part of the line-up for the current Mountain Fortress damage record.

Don't prune the raccoon!

Illiterate Clitoris fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Apr 13, 2018

Char
Jan 5, 2013

This post made me remember that I have Oddy, so I T2'd him for the additional ATK, threw out T5 Aselica (with the double DPS buff perk even) and my WB1 damage went from 45-50 to 60-65.
Now it could very well be that Ase simply sucks but in my opinion Oddy fits into nearly every 8 man team. He brings good buffs, lots of CC and does a suprisingly high amount of damage. I think his place on the ~official tier list~ is simply due to his toolkit being very hard to evaluate. There's also exhibit A where Oddy is part of the line-up for the current Mountain Fortress damage record.

Don't prune the raccoon!

I don't want to prune him, he's too cute.
But I drew Arch's UW from the 15 days random ticket yesterday... and I had a big surplus of rubies...
Actually, I forgot Arch had a M.DMG amp. I think Artemia will be getting the boot, she's worse than I expected - in endgame content, at least. She was fine in Story Mode.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Due to the game having a 'failure bonus' there's a statistically optimal way to awaken your gear/UWs.

WHAT

Would have saved me so much time had I known this months ago. :negative:

enahs
Jan 1, 2010

Grow up.

enahs fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
"Oh hey, a UW drop for Fluss. That's one good looking waif--...wait" :gay: