Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Mr Hootington posted:

Later in the month we might be getting the new guild battle mode too.

What's this about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Sucks they keep extending maintenance but seems like we're up to a total of 1200 rubies in compensation if I'm reading their posts right. Extending the original downtime was 600, and then a second set of maintenance pushed it to 300 more and then to 600 more when that too got extended.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

cage-free egghead posted:

What activities can I do to raise my guild points? Running the raid and doing next to no damage doesn't get much.

You can only get 1k guild coins per day based off Activity Score. Activity score is 1:1 (I think) based off your stamina spent. You can also get some Coins from the guild boss (250/attempt) as well as the guild defeating a boss. Activity Score is what we use to level up the guild and buy buffs, so the more stamina people can dump farming or doing dragons, the more buffs we'll get.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Who do you have already?

One's I know/hear are good:

Tanks: Phillop (Phys amp), Jane (Magic amp), Morrah (DOT stacking DPS)
MDPS: Epis, Artemia, Theo, Annette
PDPS: Nyx, Selene, Mitra
CC/Support: Gau (great for boss CC), Priscilla (amp/CC/DPS), Maria (heavy CC)
Healer: Mediana (only physical based healer), Laias, Kahulua

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

You should probably pick the prettiest princess and go from there.

This is the truth. As long as you pick complementary abilities, your team should scale pretty well.

Sad to hear about Aselica. Hopefully the others are better!

I've been messing with Reina, she's such a monster at single target damage and I don't even have her built ideally/fully yet. Thought I could skip Crit on her, but turns out her transcend perk changes it into Crit/Boss damage, so Crit is super important on her too. So back to looking for Atk/Crit/CritD/Atk Speed items.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

drat, congrats! I can't get past 62.

And there was talk of lowering the requirements but currently it's at 1.5 million activity points (aka guild wide stamina spent) to open a raid again. So with us buying buffs still it's basically not going to happen. Once we have all buffs it might be viable but hopefully they'll lower it before then.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Who even needs DPS for Dragons when you have a good healer?!

antisocial86 posted:

Just applied to the guild as BLAGHABLAH. My magic team is so fun. Theo and his bitches, Jane Epis and Frey. I want to replace Frey with another healer but I dunno which one is best for that setup.

Mediana and Kaulah both have good buffs along with healing, so they're worth looking into. Frey is top tier already though. At least for PvE.
Frey takes off a lot when you get her transcended. Tier 2 passive healing, Tier 3 Shield gives Attack, Tier 5 healed people get Attack.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 7, 2018

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Gau is an off tank or sub DPS. I build him full berserker and just rely on him leeching so fast unless he gets one shot. His main thing is massive CC bar reduction on skill 3.

And he's great with Clause.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Apr 8, 2018

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yup. Mediana is a great healer to throw in there eventually.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Flavahbeast posted:

applied to the guild (Im flavahbeast)

edit: actually it's full nm

Freed up 1 spot for now.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

So how big of a jump is Hard guild raid vs Normal? We finish Normal like halfway through the week it seems, but I'm not sure if we'd stall out doing Hard.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

1-3: Use 0*s
4: 1 1* and then 0*s
5: 2 2*, 1 1*, then 0*s

Getting 3* isn't bad, but going beyond that starts to get really expensive in terms of UWs and you'll fail a frustrating amount. But there's nothing else to do with dupes anyways really.

4/4 and kind of 3/4 t7 dragon gear is worth 5*ing too. And enchant scrolling.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Your choices are basically to spend dragon coins on the boxes in the Misc section, or spend rubies for the same thing if you want to go faster. You can craft items for them if you have or buy the old items (friendship points only I think), but that's a pretty niche case now. It takes 2x 300k and 5x 50k...? I think for the Dragon Coin purchases. So takes a fair amount of runs per week to max it out, but it's better than the old grinding T3 items method.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Have twofour guild spots free, will be able to add another 3 here shortly when we can level up again.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 16, 2018

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Discord server if people want to try using that and if you want to put in the OP Tagichatn.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I wasn't able to play for a few days, is that why I got kicked?

Yeah, the guild is max level and 50 slots is all we've got. So people who haven't been on 3+ days get kicked for people who are looking to join.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

At the second we're sitting at 48/50 with no one waiting. So close to an issue again but okay for now.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yeah the flying breath with the debuff on is the usual killer of my runs. I'm 90% if not 99% on BD70 with Mediana, Epis, Gau, Clause. BD75 is more like 50%. Good for macroing overnight, not so good for a full carry.

As to guild space, yeah we might need an overflow at this point. We have 50 people in guild now, with no one offline for more than a day or two.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Apr 23, 2018

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Damegane posted:

What emulator do you use, by the way? I used to use Nox, but then I heard about the dodgy connections back to various servers in China and dropped it. Tried Bluestacks but it seemed kinda sluggish and resource-hogging.

Nox, I blocked those connections awhile back and it no longer asks you to install system level drivers or anything with the newer versions. It's also the only emulator the macro generator works with. Bluestacks ran flawlessly for me (8700k & 1080ti to be fair), but no built in macroing meant I needed to switch once I wanted to do lazy dragon runs. Nox also sends touch commands to itself, so you can tab out and do other poo poo while you're farming dragons for loving ever.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Yup, those are the ones I use.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Lutha Mahtin and marxismftw we've got space if you guys want to apply!

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

And he gets 50% CC resist too, so that helps a ton with that.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

She also puts out a lot of damage with her Flames stacked up high, in theory. I've always heard she's a good balance of mitigation and DPS for it, but I don't own her. Looking forward to the patch tonight, hope the Inn changes don't suck.

This of course requires her UW, so if you don't have that, she's not nearly as interesting.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Two guild spots free for anyone still waiting to get in, go ahead and apply.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Is dying your problem? Or are you running out of time and dying to enrage?

Clause, Gau, Epis, Mediana can clear Royal Vault 45 but it's a little rough sometimes, 44 is super easy for me though.
Clause with his S1 light is amazing CC for things without a CC bar. He's also the tanks tank and is basically invulnerable outside of gimmick bullshit for me, and does so little DPS he can't lifesteal sustain.

But yeah, CC with people who can do other things is Real Helpful. Gau is an okay DPS along with great CC. Clause is an amazing tank with great CC. Artemia does tons of CC bar damage every 20s along with great AE DPS, etc. Someone like Maria who can really only CC is a lot less interesting a lot of the time (though her heal debuff from UW is great for ToC63).

Easy things that can be done (some of which you've for sure done)
  • Transcend 1 so you can
  • Level to 80 and not take a damage penalty
  • Your gear is going to want 3/4 if not 4/4 good random stats. Generic DPS stats are Atk/Atk Speed/Crit/CritD with 45% penetration (less for physical, especially with Phillop), and 10-20ish% lifesteal. Healer is Atk/Crit/CritD/HP (Frey can go more defensive since her shields don't benefit from crit, atk speed is good to scale her UW). Generic tank is PDef/MDef/HP/whatever. Dodge is good, ideally you'd eventually build for a physical and a magical tank and can aim for MDef+MDodge+MTough etc.
  • Runes, purple at a minimum. Tough/Dodge for tanks, Crit/CritD/Atk for DPS, Atk/Tough for healers. 2 atk/1 mana leech is a common UW setup.
  • 45% penetration on your DPS. Make sure to check if they've got innate Penetration, on Skill/Skill Tiers, or from a buff (UW/UT/etc). This matters a lot more in end game places than earlier. And if you've got Phillop or some other shredder that lowers the targets defense, then your target number is going to drop a lot.
  • Awaken your gear, you say max level but is it also 5*? Are you using Black Dragon on everyone unless you have a specific reason not to? This matters more than it first seems, your % multipliers on gear apply to base stats + base equipment stats. So earring attack is all multiplied by % modifiers, not added onto the end. So bumping the star level on a UW/earrings or a ring/orb/UT can make a sizable difference in stats depending on gear/runes.
  • Enchant scrolls. Small but it adds up.

Also Chapter 7, and ToC 61-65 are all post-launch content that's a good chunk more difficult than the prior stuff. And the new Royal Underground is completely loving brutal.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 12:17 on May 6, 2018

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Guild Raid Hard guide for anyone not in the Discord. Making better progress on the first boss so far than I was expecting, so this might be worth doing hopefully!

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Freed up a spot, go ahead and apply.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

RottenK posted:

Any free space in the guild?

Yup. Just post your name and apply in-game.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Upgrading dragon gear with perfect stats is incredibly time consuming unless we get one of those drop rate events and you macro the poo poo out of dragons. I can upgrade Enough T6 gear for the foreseeable future.
If it's not dragon gear, it's probably not worth the effort to upgrade. Unless you're hitting a brick wall in progression, your goal is to get to level 71 (and work on Chapter 6 Hard/7 Easy/1 Hell around here), leech T7 dragon gear, get your DPS to 80, get everyone else to 80.

As for which to use... one tier lower with perfect stats for armor is probably fine on your DPS. Two tiers... that's probably pushing it. Depends on if you're having trouble surviving (Epis is paper enough already). In the end, 3/4 and 4/4 Black Dragon gear is your goal, and it's not worth farming a poo poo ton of lower tier places to get T6 scales and then T7 scales, over just farming/macroing for good drops.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Macro black dragon or auto run 7-4 more. And increase your inventory size. That'll quickly blow through your stamina. Then awaken and option enhance your 4/4 dragon gear, which will cost millions upon millions of gold. It's super easy to blow through 100 million awakening stuff.

I agree though, the energy system is generally speaking not a pain point for a remotely normal player.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Congrats! Annette UT is huge. Sonia's is solid, but sadly doesn't have anywhere near 100% up time.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Also note it's 2 tickets per boss. Or per week, but I have to hope/assume it's boss. It's not per day though!

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Rubicon is there any reason you're not hitting the guild conquest guy? I imagine you could put out a ton of damage on him. Still 40 minutes left too. Might even push us back into 1st.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Rubicon posted:

Sorry, I didn't know it was up. I'll hit it when I get home.

It's cool, I wasn't meaning to give you poo poo and was just figuring you might have had a specific reason! As far as I can tell you're free to beat it up without taking away the newer people's chance to do anything.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

That sucks, you have to max friendship to get their UWs as well. Kind of surprised they put their UTs in the tables, but I guess they didn't want to add another friendship bar grind for it? I'm glad I don't have to pick between grinding out Gladi's UW, Veronica, and getting or starring up a UT.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I freed up a spot, go ahead and apply. Miruru is the common physical team recommendation for the 3* ticket.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

I was able to accept ProtonDecay, but Mochiluv and mao ni ma, not able to accept you right this second.

Washout
Fartromancer
LuthaSA

are the people who've not logged on the longest, but they've been on in the past few days so I don't want to kick them out unless they say they're done just yet.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Damegane brought up a good point in the Discord. For guild raid we should go hog wild until Manticore, and then just hit it with 1 person suicide parties for coin/resource credit until Sunday. Then just finish it to be sure we get all the rewards. This should be pretty easy to remember and be lazy about, but also maximize our raid returns. Especially as we level up the raid building and start getting the good participation rewards.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Jun 25, 2018

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

There's one spot free if I missed anyone who needs to apply recently. Just (re)post here with a name and I'll accept when I see it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

So according to reddit, it looks like the first and second guild raids of the week are free openings. We'll still probably need to hold manticore, but we can clear it ASAP and then just hold the second manticore as needed.