Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dragonatrix posted:

This is insanely dumb logic every time it comes up and it never holds up to any real scrutiny

No, it's perfectly fine. And Aerith dies.

I personally use spoiler boxes but really don't mind if others don't. except for FFVII

As for this show, I am enjoying it but the boxing action itself is pretty meh. There is very little soul in those awkward punches they keep throwing at each other.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Eela6 posted:

This is the first boxing anime I've ever seen, so maybe I'm missing something / it doesn't compare to the classics, but boy have I loved these fight scenes.

Do you watch real box?

The fights are ok but it's (to me) obvious that they don't have the budget or the chops to animate some proper box movements. It's kind of difficult to explain but, in general, it feels off because they are obviously going for a more realistic approach to boxing, even if it's future-box, compared to exaggerated stuff like Ippo.

For example, a boxer like Joe who is trying to avoid being hit by jackhammers and who uses a peek-a-boo style should be bobbing and weaving all over the place instead of, well, taking it.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 15, 2018

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

chiasaur11 posted:

I just took a couple high school classes, so I'm barely a half step above nothing, but it sure sounded like Spanish. And since Burroughs was speaking English, it makes sense that he wouldn't be speaking Japanese.

He's a native Spanish speaker from Spain trying (and failing) to do a neutral Mexican accent, but the way he pronounces "centro" -among other things- betray him.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jun 9, 2018

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Japanese is just not a very good language for rap, just like Spanish (and since they are very similarly phonetically this makes sense).

There were plenty of Spanish-speaking singers who tried to ape American rap and hip hop in the eighties and nineties to abysmal results so new musical genres had to be developed in order to make rapping in Spanish not sound like poo poo. What I am trying to say is that Japan should give Reggaeton a chance if they want to rap.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kyte posted:

I'm not saying it's the worst, but it's pretty down there.

E: Case in point --v

Well nobody told that to the guys trying to rap on the subway. I'd be quite happier without having to endure their attempts at freestyle.

Also no reggaeton is even worse why are you doing this to me.

Did you know there is a reggaeton singer who goes by the name of "Japanese"? Soon the plan will be complete!

• Locked thread