Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I'm 10JB if anyone wants to be friends. Assuming friends work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Only a couple crashes, but I was doing a lot of app switching at the time so I blame that. The only real thing I've noticed so far is that sometimes I'll be typing a word and then suddenly it'll clear itself out, leading to me only having the last part of the word in there. If I'm trying to type fast and it happens, I might send that half word. I don't know what causes it, but it might be fatfingers. On an Android s8 phone.

edit: Just won a game with 'ox'. Sorry bunky!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Is there no way to disable sounds? My options button is greyed out.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Is 'asian' not supposed to be a word? It didn't work for me.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Bronze II. Woo.

This game is pretty great so far.

Edit:

https://imgur.com/a/nB4rO

*exaggeratedly tugs at his collar*

Yngwie Mangosteen fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 11, 2018

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://imgur.com/a/WfSHd

No vowels on the board at all. :smith:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

Ah yeah. I can see that. I can’t help but wonder if the bot is trying to tell me something when it keeps playing “idiot”. :laugh:

Yeah, I'm not sure if its letter generation or just how common some letters/combos are, but there are definitely words I've seen really frequently.

I played a ton of games in the past couple days, great game so far!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Danyull posted:

The rules of the game seem to sometimes change whenever I am in low battery mode on my Pixel 2. When I press a letter, letters next to it become grayed out like an opponent's tile would and I'm unable to use it. Basically makes it so I can't use any letters next to each other.

The wizard is absolutely ridiculous. I've played it 3 times and in each one I lost only a few turns in because my turn created the exact letters they needed to snake some really long word through the one opening I have and straight to my king. I don't know if it's weighted to do that for them or if the lower level bots just don't play those words and I'm too dumb to see them myself.

The key to all the AIs is to rush them hard. I can win Merchants in like 5-10 turns a decent chunk of the time, and I once blitzed a wizard to death pretty quickly. They're really really good at board control so you have to account for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

marshmonkey posted:

I think the games getting drawn out to more and more difficult letter choices probably has a lot to do with how we decide to spawn new letters?

It would also be easy to tweak the chances of how often the bot will play a long word.

Just reducing how many of the same letter can spawn at a time would help, I've had like 5 A's or six I's a number of times.

Of course that also makes it harder to spell words with lots of doubled and tripled letters in them. So its a balance.

Edit: we can't start multiple games with the same person now? That's a huge bummer. My wife and I liked having 2-3 games open at a time. Bad change. :smith:

Yngwie Mangosteen fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 13, 2018

• Locked thread