Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Just wait until Salah gets injured in the league chasing the golden boot

He is far enough ahead at this point unless Kane is banging in braces I think he's safe... it would be so dumb to keep going for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
Spurs have 4 games left against Watford, West Brom, Newcastle, and Leicester. Kane is 5 goals back. It's unlikely but definitely achievable given his past performance.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

T Bowl posted:

He is far enough ahead at this point unless Kane is banging in braces I think he's safe... it would be so dumb to keep going for it.

He’s going for Ian Rush’s record no doubt

And the PL record haul

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Also Liverpool still will be wanting to win games in the league to try and finish 3rd instead of 4th and avoid a CL playoff if we don't win the trophy, so I'd expect Salah to keep starting even independent of the records he's chasing.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

vyelkin posted:

Also Liverpool still will be wanting to win games in the league to try and finish 3rd instead of 4th and avoid a CL playoff if we don't win the trophy, so I'd expect Salah to keep starting even independent of the records he's chasing.
Avoiding the play-in saves them 2 matches against some eastern bloc side. If they get through Roma and secure 4th this weekend I see them resting some key guys.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Ryan Shawcross hasn’t done a horrific injury in awhile, time for him to shine.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

vyelkin posted:

4th no longer go through qualifying from the pl unless something has changed very very recently and uefa have publicly gone back on something they announced in February

This also applies to Italy, Spain and Germany.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

fat gay nonce posted:

4th no longer go through qualifying from the pl unless something has changed very very recently and uefa have publicly gone back on something they announced in February

This also applies to Italy, Spain and Germany.

Whoa, didn't realize that change was made. Guess bigger teams bring in more money/viewers, so makes sense from that perspective.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The Fulham owner is trying to buy Wembley

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Ryan Shawcross hasn’t done a horrific injury in awhile, time for him to shine.

One more tibia for the road to the Champo

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

The Fulham owner is trying to buy Wembley

It actually seems like a good deal for the FA.

They owe like £150m on the stadium, he's offering £600m, and the FA keeps the revenue from Club Wembley, whatever that is, which is apparently valued at £300m.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Shrapnig posted:

They owe like £150m on the stadium, he's offering £600m, and the FA keeps the revenue from Club Wembley, whatever that is, which is apparently valued at £300m.

i can’t wait to go and watch football at a stadium covered in American flags called the Wembley reebok arena

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

RideTheSpiral posted:

i can’t wait to go and watch football at a stadium covered in American flags called the Wembley reebok arena
I don't think that many MLS fans will attend

Edit: sorry misread

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

Ah, yes, noted American brand Reebok.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Shrapnig posted:

Ah, yes, noted American brand Reebok.

literally cannot believe this is an english brand lol

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Where could this company be from

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

African AIDS cum posted:

Where could this company be from

looks like a trick question

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

literally cannot believe this is an english brand lol

They’re based in Boston, for some reason.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

The Kimoa Kid posted:

They’re based in Boston, for some reason.

They're owned by German company Adidas who's US headquarters is in Portland... so yeah, makes total sense.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Can't wait to see the Michael Jackson statue at new Wembley

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Whoa, didn't realize that change was made. Guess bigger teams bring in more money/viewers, so makes sense from that perspective.

4th isn't guaranteed yet. We still have Chelsea too.

I'd play a strong squad against Stoke, then if we beat Roma, rest players when we can for the remaining games.

If a winger or central midfielder gets injured I have no idea wtf we'll do.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
I'd go with Woodburn, TAA and Curtis Jones in midfield for Stoke tomorrow. It's Stoke.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Shrapnig posted:

I'm in favour only if it means England playing at Not-Wembley again, which was the last time that England matches were good and didn't feature Dead Flag Blues playing on a loop in my head

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I'm in favour only if it means England playing at Not-Wembley again, which was the last time that England matches were good and didn't feature Dead Flag Blues playing on a loop in my head

England would be playing their matches at other stadiums during the NFL season because I guess Khan wants the Jaguars to play there or something.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Shrapnig posted:

Club Wembley is the hospitality area of Wembley where people can pay £40k a year for a box that gets them into all the events held there. There are cheaper memberships of course. I went to that part once for the NFL but don’t think my ticket got my anything free just happened to be where the seats are, they have a lot of ‘proper’ bars and restaurants set up as opposed the standard beer queues downstairs/found in normal stadiums.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Any of the teams from 10th to 20th could potentially be relegated. 18th could finish 10th. Burnley is guaranteed a top 8 finish.

Good season, fun season

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

There's a lot of smoke on twitter about Buvac leaving 'pool. I'm melting down

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There's a few sites reporting he's been frozen out of tactics meetings lately, and he's already gone after beefin with the Klopper

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Sphyre posted:

Looks like he's out.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/29/liverpool-assistant-manager-zeljko-buvac-quits-club-bust-jurgen-klopp-7508479/

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

Any of the teams from 10th to 20th could potentially be relegated. 18th could finish 10th. Burnley is guaranteed a top 8 finish.

Good season, fun season

Is there a site that has the possible positions listed?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Is there a site that has the possible positions listed?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/potentielleendplatzierung/wettbewerb/GB1

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
klopp is a prick who will ultimately alienate everybody

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Sphyre posted:

That would explain the lackluster league performances recently. :(

Lots of Redditors dissecting this photo.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I'm glad the reddit reds are on the case

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

What a strange development

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mourinho now reporting that Fellaini is close to a new contract, but he won't be happy until he sees "white paper with the Manchester United emblem and Ed Woodward's signature". I'm noting a large lack of Mourinho making any statements to the press trying to convince Anthony Martial to sign a new deal, though.

So this summer is going to feature Mourinho binning off Shaw, Mata, Martial and Rashford while going out of his way to sign ol' Bog Brush to a lucrative new contract. It would be amazing if it weren't so horrible.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/990863977260437504

huh.

reading between the lines the club doesn't want to announce that he's leaving now and he'll move on at some point in the summer.

Sphyre fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Apr 30, 2018

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

He's almost certainly on gardening leave.

There was an interesting point in Paul Joyce's article in the Times that Buvac was the one responsible for deciding substitutions. Those have been questioned throughout Klopp's tenure but particularly recently there's been collapses after certain substitutions (particularly after taking off Salah). I wonder if that triggered the argument.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Der Shovel posted:

So this summer is going to feature Mourinho binning off Shaw, Mata, Martial and Rashford while going out of his way to sign ol' Bog Brush to a lucrative new contract. It would be amazing if it weren't so horrible.

There's no way he's going to get rid of Rashford, surely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Sphyre posted:

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/990863977260437504

huh.

reading between the lines the club doesn't want to announce that he's leaving now and he'll move on at some point in the summer.

waiting for Gerrard to be confirmed at Rangers so he can't stick his nose in

• Locked thread