Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Eau de MacGowan posted:

There's no way he's going to get rid of Rashford, surely.

Well even shipping Mata, Shaw and Martial would be extremely loving stupid and shortsighted, but yeah Rashford is probably safe until he realizes he'd rather not waste his formative years on the bench.

Shoving Martial out of the door is going to be so loving stupid, because he's already performing at the same or even better level than Sanchez when he gets the occasional look in, and he's still a young and developing player. I'm calling it now: when he goes to Real or Barca or whatever, he'll be a loving world star in a couple of years. Of course Jose will be managing PSG or CSKA Moscow by then so what does he care?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

How could you have somebody other than the manager deciding substitutes? They might as well be co-managers with that level of power-sharing.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

If you wana read the freshest bullshit just read it to yourself you don't gotta rush to post it here. I mean it's just our assistant manager this isn't something that needs such a hot take.

"Klopp's assistant Zeljko Buvac to take break from #LFC role between now and end of season due to personal reasons. Club say his position unaffected and he remains an employee."

Also can we get a code tags of how Martial would fit into Mourinho's wasted 11?

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Apr 30, 2018

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Vegetable posted:

How could you have somebody other than the manager deciding substitutes? They might as well be co-managers with that level of power-sharing.

I think it's more that Buvac kinda deals with getting subs prepared tactically etc. which lets Klopp focus on the game.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Der Shovel posted:

Mourinho now reporting that Fellaini is close to a new contract, but he won't be happy until he sees "white paper with the Manchester United emblem and Ed Woodward's signature". I'm noting a large lack of Mourinho making any statements to the press trying to convince Anthony Martial to sign a new deal, though.

So this summer is going to feature Mourinho binning off Shaw, Mata, Martial and Rashford while going out of his way to sign ol' Bog Brush to a lucrative new contract. It would be amazing if it weren't so horrible.

What's Martial have left, a year or 18 months? Not including this first half of 2018 I mean

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

So Salah didn't get a ban for throwing a punch?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

gtkor posted:

So Salah didn't get a ban for throwing a punch?

Kane swears on his daughters life that he felt contact.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I think I would have gone with a "Spurs would have won the penalty" joke, but agreed.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Sphyre posted:

There's a lot of smoke on twitter about Buvac leaving 'pool. I'm melting down

https://twitter.com/Chris78Williams/status/991255294339637248

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
well

ok

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
I'm glad that Arsene leaving has created a new opportunity for Arsenal fans to post transfer fanfiction only this time it involves managers.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Please let this be true

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
It's may

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Bosnian newspaper headlines phwoar

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Tbf the lack of any information about Wengy’s successor has me believing Bosnian newspaper headlines.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Supposedly it’s the same source who broke Klopp going to Liverpool.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Supposedly it’s the same source who broke Klopp going to Liverpool.

i too read the tweet

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Jose posted:

i too read the tweet

Sorry, it didn’t embed in mobile and obviously I didn’t put forth the effort to click.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Sorry, it didn’t embed in mobile and obviously I didn’t put forth the effort to click.

It just works™️on my iPhone

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
code:
Arsenal Formation

Manager: Some Bosnian guy????

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

He's gone 2/1 favourite now. Next manager markets are great, because the bookies are just guessing but are terrified of someone with insider info.

For those following the Arsenal situation more closely, why isn't Ancelotti being mentioned more? He was in the top few with the bookies, but isn't showing at all now and supposedly turned down the Italy job.

A quick google has an article from The Star saying he's "agreed in principal" to take it. I assume it's bullshit as it's nowhere else, but the bookies got spooked?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I want to believe in the power of the Bosnian press.

Because the alternative is Brendan Rogers :gonk:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Mickolution posted:

He's gone 2/1 favourite now. Next manager markets are great, because the bookies are just guessing but are terrified of someone with insider info.

For those following the Arsenal situation more closely, why isn't Ancelotti being mentioned more? He was in the top few with the bookies, but isn't showing at all now and supposedly turned down the Italy job.

A quick google has an article from The Star saying he's "agreed in principal" to take it. I assume it's bullshit as it's nowhere else, but the bookies got spooked?

Regarding Ancelotti I think it’s generally regarded that he isn’t perhaps the best choice to follow a manager renowned for being hands off and fostering a no pressure environment which seems to have had a negative impact on the team. Bayern were organising secret training sessions behind his back.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
I'm sure Arsenal could prise Pulis away from boro with a big enough bid, after he's been headbutted 3 times in the showers I'm confident that Xhaka would start tracking back

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Mickolution posted:

The only thing That has come out of Arsenal is Gazidis saying that they want a long term appointment, so maybe Ancelotti is seen as a stop gap? I started writing this assuming Ancelotti was in his late 60’s but I’ve googled it and apparently he’s only 58? Also, people have expressed concerns with him being a hands off manager that is too similar to Wenger, as well as the way his stint at Bayern ended. I’d be happy with Ancelotti, though.

Arsenal have been very very tight lipped about this, and little has been leaking to the press. There has been some random stuff about Arsenal being in talks with Luis Enrique, as well as links to Jardim, Allegri, and a bunch of other people, but nothing that has looked in any way reliable. So it’s hard to tell what they’re doing.

Personally, I think there is a lack of news on this front because Arsenal already have an agreement with a manager who is currently in charge of another team. Given how this all broke, I would be surprised if they weren’t in advanced talks with a successor when they announced Wengy’s departure. That said, it would be extremely Arsenal to leave the question of who will be managing the team open until late summer and completely wreck the next few seasons.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Wenger's successor is just gonna be Wenger again, using an alias and a fake moustache

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I'm glad Arsenal are making the Bosnian Micky Flanagan their manager.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Blue Star Error posted:

I'm glad Arsenal are making the Bosnian Micky Flanagan their manager.

I can't wait for Pards and this guy to have a fingering player's wives league, my money is on pards

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

It's May FFS

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I want to believe in the power of the Bosnian press.

Is the Bosnian Press the Serbian version of Gegenpressing?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Wazzerphuk posted:

The Bosnian press is more accurately known as Operation Storm

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Theresa May is the new arsenal manager

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I cant wait for Arsenal’s team of lovely little twinks to be forced to eat bowls full of kajmak

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Wazzerphuk posted:

Pretty sure the Bosnian press is when Serbians load up a car crusher with all the people from a village

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:eyepop:

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Because the alternative is Brendan Rogers :gonk:

Like Rodgers is going to leave the cushiest job in world football

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

fat gay nonce posted:

Pretty sure the Bosnian press is when Serbians load up a car crusher with all the people from a village
:stonkhat:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jesus

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Actually the majority of Bosnians are Islamic

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Corrode posted:

Actually the majority of Bosnians are Islamic

Sure, after they opened the borders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

May thread - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3855813

• Locked thread