Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

wooger posted:

Well, if they are going to try to enforce it, to be practical they need to only allow UK print newspaper journalists in the room during the 2nd press conference.

Or they could just forget about it, publish press conference details instantly online and focus on longer form, worthwhile, considered articles for their newspapers.

For the subset of people who care enough to follow football journalist on twitter, I doubt many are eagerly buying a newspaper anyway.

I can’t believe there’s any overlap.

I have no idea if Di Marzio was in the room or how that's handled by the way. Just saying that embargos are a super common thing and for a journalist to break one is a massive deal (in the world of journalism).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

I have no idea if Di Marzio was in the room or how that's handled by the way. Just saying that embargos are a super common thing and for a journalist to break one is a massive deal (in the world of journalism).

The world of journalism is deader than these dead gay forums.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Embargoes in sports journalism lol

Literally nothing that sports journalists write about matters. they're all failed real journalists who play pretend at real journalism with dumb poo poo like these embargoes. i hope they get called out on it forever and ever.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/EFCFansCorner_/status/982965725685043200
lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

You don’t have to be a winner but he is a winner.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Big Sam is not just a legend, he's the leg beyond the end.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/08/golden-boot-hopeful-harry-kane-could-appeal-premier-leagues/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

What a bellend

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

quote:

Golden Boot hopeful Harry Kane could appeal Premier League's decision to award goal to Christian Eriksen

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

quote:

When Kane was told that the Premier League had given Spurs’ second goal to Eriksen, he said: “Have they? I swear on my daughter’s life that I touched the ball, but there’s nothing I can do. If they turn it around, they turn it around. If they take my word, they take my word.

It is what it is, the most important thing is that we won the game.”

Hopefully they deny him it. He tends to score more when he feels he has a point to prove.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
loving lol at the american city fan on motd2

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

I’ve reviewed the VAR and this checks out.

https://twitter.com/chrisprodromou/status/983427217110831104?s=21

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
He's gonna have to call Ashley Williams

https://i.imgur.com/8NLemdN.gifv

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11324499/tottenham-appeal-to-premier-league-over-harry-kane-goal-at-stoke

Lol

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Imagine appealing a goal scored by your own teammate.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Give the goal to Salah imo

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
This is the third time Kane has proven he doesn't give a poo poo about his daughter. Sad.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Seems kind of fruitless since Harry Kane will not win the golden boot

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Name your unsportsmanlike XI

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
you first

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Vegetable posted:

Name your unsportsmanlike XI

Jinping

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Escape while you still have a career, kid.
https://twitter.com/mohamedbouhafsi/status/983694493487689728

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
We can take him off their hands.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

That would be a huge mistake for United so it's probably going to happen.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Mariner's 'send off the nearest black guy' red card for Elneny has been overturned

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Is this gossip guy any more reliable than the rest who say everyone wants to leave every team everywhere

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Bouhafsi is fairly reliable for anything related to French football and Martial wanting to leave is believable given how Mourinho has treated him.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Lot 49 posted:

Bouhafsi is fairly reliable for anything related to French football and Martial wanting to leave is believable given how Mourinho has treated him.

You could extend that to almost everyone but Matic

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yep. If Martial really wants out (and I have no reason to doubt that), it's 100% on Mourinho who besides being a big bully doesn't seem to rate him very highly. It kills me as a United supporter to say this because I love Martial and am 100% convinced he'll be a megastar in a few years, but right now he'd be stupid not to move from United. He was already competing for game time with Rashford before Mourinho went and signed Alexis to replace them both.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Martial at Spurs would be cool although he wouldn't start.

hmmm

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Der Shovel posted:

Yep. If Martial really wants out (and I have no reason to doubt that), it's 100% on Mourinho who besides being a big bully doesn't seem to rate him very highly. It kills me as a United supporter to say this because I love Martial and am 100% convinced he'll be a megastar in a few years, but right now he'd be stupid not to move from United. He was already competing for game time with Rashford before Mourinho went and signed Alexis to replace them both.

Agreed. Give him away and then buy him back for 500m once he’s past it haha

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Der Shovel posted:

so he should be starting over Sanchez or Rashford/Lingard?

kcer fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 11, 2018

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
edit - wrong thread

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

kcer posted:

so he should be starting over Sanchez or Rashford/Lingard?

I don't want to put words into Der Shovels's mouth but I imagine the argument would be why spend what they did for Sanchez who doesn't appear to have really improved the team currently (but may in the future) when Martial and Rashford were contributing just as much for a third of the wages combined without causing everyone else at the club to question why they aren't being paid anything near what Sanchez is.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Alexis is better than both of them, you lot just can't get the best out of him (yet)

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
Plus Lingard, Rashford and Martial if treated correctly could be first teamers for United for 10 years+, is Sanchez going to performing at anywhere near his best when this current contract ends?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Wait hang on are you guys saying

that Jose Mourinho signed an overpaid older player instead of developing youth?

How out of character.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sounds like BS to me

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
I reckon Martial could do a proper job for Burnley or maybe Everton, I wish him well.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

fat gay nonce posted:

I don't want to put words into Der Shovels's mouth but I imagine the argument would be why spend what they did for Sanchez who doesn't appear to have really improved the team currently (but may in the future) when Martial and Rashford were contributing just as much for a third of the wages combined without causing everyone else at the club to question why they aren't being paid anything near what Sanchez is.

Precisely. Alexis seems to be a marginal upgrade / sidegrade over two young, extremely promising and still developing players. Players who actually put in good numbers when they actually got to play in their preferred positions! He's on massive wages and the money could've been used better elsewhere, considering United need two fullbacks and a central defender at the very least. So yes, in my opinion, Alexis should never have been signed in the first place while Martial and Rashford should've been given plenty more opportunities.

I don't see how this situation makes Martial (and Rashford) anything other than occasional bit players, which is a role they are both too good to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Der Shovel posted:

Precisely. Alexis seems to be a marginal upgrade / sidegrade over two young, extremely promising and still developing players. Players who actually put in good numbers when they actually got to play in their preferred positions! He's on massive wages and the money could've been used better elsewhere, considering United need two fullbacks and a central defender at the very least. So yes, in my opinion, Alexis should never have been signed in the first place while Martial and Rashford should've been given plenty more opportunities.

I don't see how this situation makes Martial (and Rashford) anything other than occasional bit players, which is a role they are both too good to play.

Martial has 11 goals in 40 appearances. He had plenty of time near the start of the season and was typically patchy.

Not defending Mourinho, but it's baffling how the sidelined players all get revised into world class world beaters that'd walk into any 11 in the world.

• Locked thread