Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
if I didn't already know about bitcoin, $10 would not be enough to make me care about learning about it.

someone buys me a $10 lunch: cool, thanks
someone gives me a $10 homework assignment: pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

i'll just leave a bad score on yelp after i die of botulism

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
society demands human sacrifice to remain truly anti-fragile, your death and 1-star review will only allow us to grow stronger, thank you citizen for your contribution

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
and botulism burger will pay your relatives well to leave a posthumous 5 star review, everybody wins!

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Boxturret posted:

and botulism burger will pay your relatives well to leave a posthumous 5 star review, everybody wins!

they can try, but the free market incentivizes yelp to outbid them in order to maintain their "honest reviews" reputation on metayelp. and i know what you're thinking, but it's fine. metametayelp has that covered!

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
the free market is like a dog falling down a long flight of stairs: it's yelps all the way down

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
libertarians are some of the dumbest fuckers out there, i swear. like yeah, a lot of our systems are flawed, but they propose to replace them with nothing at all. it's throwing out the baby, the bathwater, and gently caress it, the bathtub too

and i'm a statist shill because i don't think this is a good idea

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

AlbieQuirky posted:

is dutch actually a language or an upper respiratory infection with a grammar

It's a language much like bitcoin is a currency. Many refer to it as a speech impediment. Dutch, not bitcoin which nobody important refers to.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Sedge and Bee posted:

According to respected online analyst ‘Filb Filb’, technical indicators (such as multi-year cycles) in relation to Bitcoin show that the currency will most likely bottom somewhere between $2,500 and $3,100 over the course of 2019. However, he then expects the market to swell within the next 500 odd days (during which he feels the price of Bitcoin will go beyond the $10,000 threshold). Last but not least, ‘Flib Flib’ also ascertains that once in the ‘green zone’ again, there will be no stopping Bitcoin— with the analyst claiming that as soon as the ‘effects of the halvening start to seep in’ the premier digital asset could eclipse a price point of $332,733.

For example, as things stand, most crypto exchanges and trading platforms would likely buckle under pressure if “millions of users were to unload fiat onto them”. Not only that, if a mass exodus towards crypto were to happen within a short span of time, most digital currency networks would face a catastrophic amount of congestion— which would see transactions grind to a near-halt.

all the actual factual information points towards bitcoin being useless, but at least the nonsense entrail reading is looking up. thanks 'Filb Flib'

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

stop judging bit oin so sooon :(

how long did it take for the earth to develop complex multicelular life? and bircoin's milkions of orders of magnitude more complex

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
That's called a self organizing collective intelligence, silly.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Foo Diddley posted:

libertarians are some of the dumbest fuckers out there, i swear. like yeah, a lot of our systems are flawed, but they propose to replace them with nothing at all. it's throwing out the baby, the bathwater, and gently caress it, the bathtub too

and i'm a statist shill because i don't think this is a good idea
it's because their brain looks at laws designed to limit bad actors on a societal scale and sees flaws on an individual scale that it then concludes are the reason there are any bad actors at all. they think they've found the one loophole that will trick people into always being good and it's to get rid of any possible loopholes.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
happy new year, bitcoin thread

https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/1079863420458074112

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

they're called humpback whales for a reason

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!
https://i.redd.it/gv2znsnbvh721.png

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Ghostlight posted:

it's because their brain looks at laws designed to limit bad actors on a societal scale and sees flaws on an individual scale that it then concludes are the reason there are any bad actors at all. they think they've found the one loophole that will trick people into always being good and it's to get rid of any possible loopholes.
you overestimate

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

if we get rid of laws no one will break the law anymore

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

2018 the year of the hosed whale

Imagine I posted a graph showing the bitcoin price crashing

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
buttcoin thread: if a human manages to gently caress one, you drat well better believe it's consensual

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Chalks posted:

they're called humpback whales for a reason

they're all sperm whales when I've finished with them, Stew

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

:wrong:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Happy New Year! The year of the bitoink!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

so there's either an apocalyptic battle to the death or there's consent. libertarians, ladies and gentlemen

this tweet has been fuckin' with me all night. i keep coming up with counterexamples and i keep grossing myself out

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Ghostlight posted:

the assumption that in the absence of laws, everyone will act rationally, is what gets me. especially since these people are themselves examples of how people will abuse that, given the chance

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Foo Diddley posted:

so there's either an apocalyptic battle to the death or there's consent. libertarians, ladies and gentlemen

this tweet has been fuckin' with me all night. i keep coming up with counterexamples and i keep grossing myself out

Try this: lol John McAfee is a liar and drug-addled idiot.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Jonny Nox posted:

that helps, ty

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Jonny Nox posted:

And a murderer.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I hope John McAfee gets elected president and then has to eat his own penis

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Powershift posted:

I hope John McAfee gets elected penis and then has to eat his own president

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Foo Diddley posted:

the assumption that in the absence of laws, everyone will act rationally, is what gets me. especially since these people are themselves examples of how people will abuse that, given the chance
only intelligent captains of industry like themselves would take advantage of it. they think that for the vast majority of other people the rational action is to bow down to superior bitcoiner decision making. no libertarian ever thinks they could ever be the one getting the short straw of the free market.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

CampingCarl posted:

only intelligent captains of industry like themselves would take advantage of it. they think that for the vast majority of other people the rational action is to bow down to superior bitcoiner decision making. no libertarian ever thinks they could ever be the one getting the short straw of the free market.

in short, they're dumb af

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Foo Diddley posted:

in short, they're dumb af

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Foo Diddley posted:

in dumb, they're short af

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
has mcafee explained why loving the [enthusiastically consenting] whale [of legal age] would be desirable? im guessing hotdog down a hallway doesn't even begin to describe it, unless he's assuming she's down for blowhole play

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

has mcafee explained why loving the [enthusiastically consenting] whale [of legal age] would be desirable? im guessing hotdog down a hallway doesn't even begin to describe it, unless he's assuming she's down for blowhole play

Old rich people doing old rich people things.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Happy New Year! The year of the bitoink!

be ashamed of your bad and wrong time zone

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Boxturret posted:

be ashamed of your bad and wrong time zone

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

who's ready for bitcoin to go up 800% in the next few hours?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Boom 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

whale vaginas seem to be smaller than whale blowholes, but scientists know very little about whale vaginas

this was mcafee’s whale loving tweet

more on how he didn’t gently caress the whale

• Locked thread